HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The ******** Thread

Closed Thread

Old
02-13-2007, 09:23 PM
neopreneur

vCash: 500
No way!!

we have talent:
Higgins, Lats, A.Kost., Grabs, Price, etc

The goal was to win the Cup by 2009 and I believe we have the resources to accomplish that... and remain competitive for many years afterwards.

Pressing the self-destruct button now would be foolish IMO

Old
LeMAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbo-Nation View Post
The folks in Montreal management were just too proud to admit that their team sucked
Someone have to wake up right now, because that's still the case, but as i said, the Bell Centre is still full so they won't...

Old
Toro

action doesn't even have to be a trade.

Bring up people who can score. Kost is on fire, Milroy is having a break out year. etc.

come on, lapps is nice but he is a career 3rd 4th liner. We need Fire power Bob.

Lets go

Old
Namso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Masao View Post
How many years of NHL coaching experience did those choaches have before joining the Canadiens?
seriously we need to stop being the GUINEA PIG TESTING TEAM FOR COACHES.

Get an experienced coach.

Old
brownman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffonfire View Post
24 games left...

We are still in a playoff spot...

be happy
No man it's OVER, IT'S OVER MAN! 24 games is nothing

Old
02-13-2007, 09:24 PM
Phousse

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
Someone have to wake up right now, because that's still the case, but as i said, the Bell Centre is still full so they won't...
Yeah, but the team was way worse back then.

Old
02-13-2007, 09:25 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moester View Post
Look there's nothing wrong with being constructive...but calling the team a joke is REALLY stupid. You can say that their fire has gone out, and that they're not playing well. But there was nothing constructive about what the OP said. Anyone can throw out baseless criticism and just expect people who love the team to say nothing. You put out an inflammatory comment expect to get flamed.
I think you dont read me much cause Im almost always constructive, Im saying it when the Habs are playing well, even when they lose games and Im saying it when a player I dont like play well.. Just like I said we played a good game against the Sens last game despite the lost... Some are trying to discredit me but Im fair with what I say and what I see..

But enough is enough, this team played completely crappy today against one of the worst team in the league, this game was one of the worst NHL games played this year, 2 teams playing mediocre hockey and the less worst of the 2 won the game... All this at home after a supposed signifiant players meeting...

As for the clowns saying Im not a real Habs fan, you are quite beside the track, Im just a passionated fan not accepting to see his team play that bad, especially after the solid first half of season we had, with the salary cap of this team reaching the limit and the supposed vets not doing the job..

Im convinced we have the most skilled team we had for years, but there is just no flow, nothing is clicking and we are playing like it was exhibition games, what get out of my head, I just cant understand a team playing that bad at this time of the year, our PP is totally hilarous, I was laughing in front of the screen instead shaking my head, we reached this point... Pathetic... The Dogs are moving the puck better on the PP and Im not exagerating at all...

Old
paddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
Koivu is washed up, bud. Just washed up. And Samsonov doesn't drive the net. Case and point tonight. All he does is circle the perimeter. He doesn't drive it like he used to. Twice, he had driving lanes open in front of him, and he turned his back to them, preferring circling around.

The supposed first line needs real first line material. Kovalev isn't even 1st line material anymore. Neither are Samsonov and Koivu.

This team is in disarray. Unless a major move is made to change the nucleus of the vets, the team will continue to slide away from the playoffs.
No player is a first line player with the system we play. Even LeCavalier would be a 50-point player.

Old
Phousse

Quote:
No, but Luca Brazi might.
Didn't he die?

Old
neopreneur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namso View Post

YA!!

let's get Keenan

Old
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
Well why you guys are upset when we may have a shot at drafting Angelo Esposito?

Old
02-13-2007, 09:26 PM
ti-vite

Im liking this all inclusive thread

1-Carbo is not an NHL caliber coach.
2-Muller should go back to Queens.
3-Will any of our forwards hit 20 goals this year.
4-Addition by subtraction, or even a lateral move should be done now.
5-We are dead on thursday.
6-Play Kost and Grabs! (i know...)

Old
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHoser View Post
Defensive problems? Goaltending issues? ********. There is one reason this team is playing like ****, and it's because we are ****ing TERRIBLE around the net. Jesus ****, it's like a ******** comedy of errors, watching us try to finish off a ****ing play is like watching a person with no legs climb the ****ing stairs - you wanna laugh, but it's so damn sad you can't help but cry.

In the last minute of the Florida game ALONE we must have missed the empty (AND I MEAN COMPLETELY EMPTY) net twenty ****ing times - Higgins hasn't made a noticable play in 2 months, but how the hell do you miss a net that is THAT ****ING EMPTY! Even Ryder, the only 'natural goal scorer' we ****ing have pretends to be Mr. Superstar and walk through the whole team rather then just sitting in front of the net all game and doing the one thing he's good at, PUTTING THE PUCK INTO EMPTY NET! The so-called easy goals that we seem so ****ing incapable of is the only reason this team is playing so poorly.

**** Forsberg, he won't help - get Guerin, get Shanahan, get ****ing Anson Carter for all I care, SOMEONE WHO CAN FINISH A PLAY! IT IS NOT FUNNY ANYMORE!
So will all of that said, you think one or 2 guys will fix everything? It's a confidence that would need way more than Anson Carter.....and not to the expense of our youth...

Old
LesCanadiens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namso View Post

Pat Quinn?

Old
Kruky

I'm still wondering what the **** Downey was doing on the ice in the third period. I'm still wondering what the **** Murray is doing on this team. I'm still wondering what the **** Gabrovski and Kosty are doing in the minors.

Hell sometimes after so many years I'm still wondering what the **** I'm doing cheering for this team.

However I don't think Carbo is the problem.

Fire sale. Starting with MARKOV

Old
02-13-2007, 09:27 PM
Live Forever

The problem is that other teams have already adapted to our offensive and defensive game and Carbo and his assistants have not made the necessary adjustments to counter the reaction. Teams just play funnel defense against us because they know 60% of our shots come from the blue line which results a many blocked shots or shots deflected away from the net. This funnel defense also clogs up the high slot area which results in the majority of our offensive play to be restrained to the corners and along the boards...all battles in which never amount to shots on net or which always result into numerous turnovers. It seems like we just can't contain the puck along the boards or are always a step behind the other team. Also other teams know we always trap the center ice. We can be tied, down by a goal, 2 goals or more and we will never put out a forecheck or any sort (whether it is aggresive or passive) so other teams do not feel any pressure to rush their offence....they just move the puck up the ice slowly and wait for the Habs to make the first mistake and find the open man. At least if Carbo with alternate neutral zone coverage it would make the opposition's defense second guess themselves when moving the puck. Anyways, that's just my opinion. I'm not saying fire Carbo, he's a rookie learning from mistakes, but he's gotta try and change the strategy once and a while...the "work hard" attitude only gets you half the distance, but if you have a highly predictable game plan, chances are the other team will beat you 9 times out of 10

Old
02-13-2007, 09:27 PM
David_99

Quote:
Just travel back to 1995 and don't fire Demers or Savard.
**** that! If I knew I was going back in time I'd get a list of all the winning loto numbers, win every week, buy the Habs and do it right myself!

Old
02-13-2007, 09:28 PM
Tusk

He sleeps with the fishes : (

Old
DerekT

Whichever coach is in charge of their offensive strategy, both 5 on 5 and the powerplay, needs to go.

Wasn't that Jarvis?

Old
LeMAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by neopreneur View Post
we have talent:
Higgins, Lats, A.Kost., Grabs, Price, etc
I don't know who is "etc", but those guys, while being good, are most probably not future stars...

Old
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
We are a perimeter team, because Bob never got us the size we needed.

This will never change.

Unfortunately this seems true. Size would help but i think there needs to be an attitude. One day i hope to see the Habs play an forechecking, agressive, in your face kinda game instead of constantly sitting back in a trap.

Old
RE-HABS

The "1st" line would look better with Kosts and Grabs on it more to me, Kovalev and Koivu are players leaving the prime and we are stuck with them and their outrageous salaries....this team is sad.

Old
Suiteness

You people think Bowman would win a cup with these players?

Really?!?

Old
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
Awfully reactionary.
Really? I don't think so.

If they don't make the playoffs, some moucho heads are going to roll in Montreal.

Uncle George will not be happy.

Old
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrrus147 View Post
St-Louis is worse
Are you crazy? St-Louis is way better than the habs. 10 wins in last 15 games and in the 10 wins they beat Detroit twice, New Jersey, Anaheim, San Jose and Dallas.

Closed Thread