Notices

Bergeron HURT?!

Old
02-14-2007, 11:06 AM
Shinny

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff from Maine View Post
This is his 3rd NHL season, and his 4th professional season. By now he needs to be a guy who puts up offense in all situations.

Age is a crutch used by Thorntons fans...and I see its a crutch that Bergeron fans will use for 4 more years as well.

You guys would say the same thing about Crosby as well....call him overrated.

Later
Maybe I'm tired, but I'm not following your logic. I didn't use age as a crutch for Thornton and certainly don't for Bergeron. I do cut a 21 year old kid some slack, especially if he's playing hurt as rumored. Age and experience does figure into my expectations.

Who is the "you guys" who would say the same thing about Crosby? I'd never call him overrated; he's gone beyond living up to the hype.

Shinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 11:12 AM
neelynugs

Quote:
he was more consistent. He had the one 15 game stretch or so in which he put up 1 or 2 points, but other than that he scored at ES with more consistency.

Later
snow day today? i know you love bergeron. just admit it.

neelynugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 11:19 AM
CombatOnContact

Send a message via MSN to CombatOnContact
Quote:
This is his 3rd NHL season, and his 4th professional season. By now he needs to be a guy who puts up offense in all situations.

Age is a crutch used by Thorntons fans...and I see its a crutch that Bergeron fans will use for 4 more years as well.

Later
This is ONLY his 3rd NHL season. And he's ONLY 21 years old. He was a 2nd round draft choice who no one really put too much stock in until he came here and blew everyone away. I'd say he has well surpassed any level of expectation already.

(Nugs, I have a feeling you'll want to jump in here, but I'd like to reiterate that I was only hoping that Bergeron would be a top point getter 100 point man. I'm disappointed that he's not, but not disappointed in his play in general.)

Keep in mind also that Bergeron is signed for 4 more years after this. That's plenty of time to build around him as he sheds his young hockey skin and moves into his prime. Hopefully the Bruins will keep him through those years, because THAT will be the time when he absolutely needs to be a guy who puts up offense in all situations.

CombatOnContact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 11:27 AM
bwunderlich

Quote:
God I hope he is injured. Maybe that will explain why he has been on the ice for TWO even strength goals since December 19.....25 games.

This team cannot contend with its top players failing offensively like that at even strength. Incidentally, that is the fewest of any Bruin forward.

Bergeron is a good player, but I would think that even his staunchest supporters would have to agree that for a guy of his calibre, being on the ice for 2 ES goals in 25 games is 150% unacceptable. If this were Thornton, Forsberg, Selanne, Sakic, Jagr, Rolston, Knuble, Nylander, Doan, Comrie (you get the point), we would be calling them horrible, overrated and incredibally underachieving and letting their teams down.

Later
if bergeron made 1.5 million, i'd say jeff is a bit outa line. but this is one of our top 2 centers, wearing an "A," and he's reeling in upwards of $5 million. age is not the issue, its an excuse.

bwunderlich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 11:37 AM
bb_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teal392511 View Post
The argument's a red herring. Thornton has nothing to do with my comments.

If it makes you people happy to invent a reason to bash Bergeron, be my guest.
ya, were did i Bash anyone?

try reading the posts first....

bb_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 12:13 PM
Bruin72

Quote:

Later

give it a rest- your bringing everybody down LOL!!!!!

Bruin72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 01:09 PM
Reckless Abandon*

Yeah but Bergy comes back on D and almost always makes a backchecking play when needed.

Reckless Abandon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 01:18 PM
Neely08

I knew this would eventually happen this year, and with Bergeron's contract.

Bergeron playing injured with two chumps on his line for most of the year doesn't help.

For anyone who forgot what Bergeron was like when he wasn't injured, or playing with stiffs :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AA_AP_a9F1o

Neely08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 01:24 PM
TwineTickler
TheUltimateBruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by don View Post
When he didn't come out, how many of us thought "traded"? I know I did until, and for a little while after, they announced the injury.
Ha really? Never entered my mind for even a second.

TwineTickler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 01:40 PM
TwineTickler
TheUltimateBruin

Quote:
God I hope he is injured. Maybe that will explain why he has been on the ice for TWO even strength goals since December 19.....25 games.

This team cannot contend with its top players failing offensively like that at even strength. Incidentally, that is the fewest of any Bruin forward.

Bergeron is a good player, but I would think that even his staunchest supporters would have to agree that for a guy of his calibre, being on the ice for 2 ES goals in 25 games is 150% unacceptable. If this were Thornton, Forsberg, Selanne, Sakic, Jagr, Rolston, Knuble, Nylander, Doan, Comrie (you get the point), we would be calling them horrible, overrated and incredibally underachieving and letting their teams down.

Later
He's had underachieving linemates ALL year. He's had his underachieving linemates juggled on him ALL year. He's been suffering from nagging injuries for pretty much ALL year, but has never sat a game out. Am I somewhat concerned that hes only been on the ice for 2 ES goals in the last 25 games.. yes and I don't like him having a +/- in the negative 20s. However this kid is the rock, he is the glue, he is the Bruins. He's surrounded by a few good players and a bunch of garbage. He's the franchise, and hes 21.

Enough said.

LATER

Old
02-14-2007, 02:12 PM
CombatOnContact

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwineTickler View Post
He's had underachieving linemates ALL year. He's had his underachieving linemates juggled on him ALL year. He's been suffering from nagging injuries for pretty much ALL year, but has never sat a game out. Am I somewhat concerned that hes only been on the ice for 2 ES goals in the last 25 games.. yes and I don't like him having a +/- in the negative 20s. However this kid is the rock, he is the glue, he is the Bruins. He's surrounded by a few good players and a bunch of garbage. He's the franchise, and hes 21.

Enough said.

LATER

Well said. The bolded is the most important. Chara may be the Captain now, but Bergeron has future captain written all over him. Sure he's still inconsistent at times right now, but just imagine him in 3-4 years. He'll only be 24-25 and a MUCH better player.

Oh how I wish Chiarelli had signed him to that rumoured 10-year deal.

Old
02-14-2007, 02:25 PM
ForzaAzzurri

Bergeron is the guy we should be building around. All the things said are accurate, he's still very young and putting up great numbers. More importantly, its his play that stands out...yes he puts up the numbers, but he has so much skill and is a pleasure to watch.

Locking him up LONG LONG TERM and keeping Bergeron around is only going to benefit the Bruins.

BTW...to get back to the topic..anyone heard anything on his injury?

ForzaAzzurri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 02:48 PM
13Hockey
Champs! Thank U B's!

Quote:
Patrice Bergeron, however, stayed off the ice and only went to the rink to get treatment for his "lower-body" injury. He might skate Thursday.
http://hockeyjournal.com/blogs/Insid...702DenBlog.htm

Not good news hopefully he plays Thursday.

13Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 02:55 PM
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcoSturm16 View Post

I actually hope he doesn't. He'll heal, and someone else has to have a gut check.

Neely08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 02:58 PM
Lost Horizons
Everybody Wants Some

the answer on how bad he's hurt will be answered if they call someone up to go on the road trip because i don't think they'll dress 7 d men

Lost Horizons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 02:59 PM
TwineTickler
TheUltimateBruin

Quote:

If he didn't skate today I doubt he'll play tomorrow unfortunately. They have such a slim chance of making the playoffs that playing him if there is risk of further injurying himself it makes no sense to play him. With that being said I hope he gets back soon because the team isn't all that fun to watch without 37 twirling around.

Last edited by TwineTickler: 02-14-2007 at 03:17 PM.
Old
02-14-2007, 03:01 PM
13Hockey
Champs! Thank U B's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwineTickler View Post
If he didn't skate today I doubt he'll play tomorrow unfortunately. They have such a slim chance of making the playoffs that playing him if there is risk of furthering injurying himself it makes no sense to play him. With that being said I hope he gets back soon because the team isn't all that fun to watch without 37 twirling around.
Ya I agree it looks like he won't play tommorow. But if he is out I would love to see the Bruins call up Krejci and make him the 2nd line center. I think I would vomit if Bergy is out of the lineup and Mowers takes his place.

Old
02-14-2007, 03:04 PM
neelynugs

Quote:
Ya I agree it looks like he won't play tommorow. But if he is out I would love to see the Bruins call up Krejci and make him the 2nd line center. I think I would vomit if Bergy is out of the lineup and Mowers takes his place.
boyes would slide into that spot, like he did last night.

i wouldn't mind if they played 7 D...at least stuart would get in the lineup. my guess is that murray will be back though.

neelynugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 03:08 PM
13Hockey
Champs! Thank U B's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs View Post

i wouldn't mind if they played 7 D...at least stuart would get in the lineup. my guess is that murray will be back though.
With Murray coming back (probably) and if Boyes plays 2nd line center where do you see Kessel playing tommorow?

Old
02-14-2007, 03:58 PM
Bruins4Lifer
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
With Murray coming back (probably) and if Boyes plays 2nd line center where do you see Kessel playing tommorow?
With Boyes. They created quite a few scoring chances when they were together before (when Bergeron played with Savvy and Muzz am i right?). IF Bergeron is out, Boyes needs to step up and play his best hockey of the season.

Bruins4Lifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 04:05 PM
CombatOnContact

Quote:

Call up Krejci and Kalus. Waive the HELL out of York. He sucks. No need to carry 7 defenseman.

I think Bergeron should sit, whether he's ready to go or not. I just think he could use a day off to rest and heal up a little more.

Hopefully Murray is back though...

Axelsson-Savard-Kessel
Sturm-Krejci-Murray
Kalus-Boyes-Bochenski
Reich-Donovan-Tenkrat

Mara-Chara
Alberts-Ference
Allen-Stuart

Old
02-14-2007, 04:06 PM
13Hockey
Champs! Thank U B's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins4Lifer View Post
With Boyes. They created quite a few scoring chances when they were together before (when Bergeron played with Savvy and Muzz am i right?). IF Bergeron is out, Boyes needs to step up and play his best hockey of the season.
That's what I was thinking to but I wouldn't be shocked if we saw

Axe savy muzz
sturm boyes boch
reich mowers dono
chesse kessel tenkrat

Old
02-14-2007, 04:06 PM
sarge88

Quote:

As long as Jason York gets his minutes, I'll be happy.

sarge88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 04:10 PM
Bruins4Lifer
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatOnContact View Post
Call up Krejci and Kalus. Waive the HELL out of York. He sucks. No need to carry 7 defenseman.

I think Bergeron should sit, whether he's ready to go or not. I just think he could use a day off to rest and heal up a little more.

Hopefully Murray is back though...

Axelsson-Savard-Kessel
Sturm-Krejci-Murray
Kalus-Boyes-Bochenski
Reich-Donovan-Tenkrat

Mara-Chara
Alberts-Ference
Allen-Stuart
I would be shocked behond belief if Murray isn't paired with Savard. Kessel hasn't exactly been lighting it up in Muzz's absence.

Bruins4Lifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 04:15 PM
CombatOnContact

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins4Lifer View Post
I would be shocked behond belief if Murray isn't paired with Savard. Kessel hasn't exactly been lighting it up in Muzz's absence.
You're absolutely right. I was posting the lines I'd like to see, not the lines I think Lewis will go with...which are:

Axelsson-Savard-Murray
Sturm-Boyes-Bochenski
Chistov-Kessel-Tenkrat
Reich-Mowers-Donovan

York-Chara
York-Mara
York-Alberts
York-Ference
York-Allen