HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Should Forsberg's "C" get taken away?

Old
02-14-2007, 10:33 AM
runkle

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucks19 View Post
He is obviosuly not going to admit Forsberg asked for a trade, becasue he wouldn't want any thing to happen between him and the philly fans, if Forsberg were to re-sign. No GM ever tells the truth!!!
So let's get this straight: (up to this point) the GM says publicly Forsberg has never formally asked for a trade, nor given him a list of teams he would prefer to be traded to, Forsberg says he has never asked for a trade. Gagne today is quoted as saying: "I don't think he wants to leave. It's more a question of whether he wants to play next year." All of them are liars.

But the 'friends close to Forsberg' or 'my anonymous sources' who are quoted in those articles or on blogging websites are telling the absolute truth and should be believed instead?

The Flyers GM has publicly admitted teams are calling with offers and they are taking those calls - you think it's because Forsberg asked out - I think those calls are coming because he is the best player 'potentially' available at the trading deadline and could help make an already good team that much better - and if you are any GM worth your paycheck you should be trying to do that considering you know the Flyers have a managerial obligation to get value for him if they don't think he will be back next year. We shall have to agree to disagree.

runkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 11:48 AM
Canucks19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by XploD View Post
So then your previous comment isn't valid either:

Also, wanna link to this article you're talking about?
It was on TSN, on tv, no article, beleive me if you want, I never heard of him saying that peter didnt want to get traded, i meant to say that if he is denying it, its becasue he is lying

Canucks19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 11:51 AM
Steve L*

Quote:
Philly will not get that much if it's only a renting situation.... Teams like Nashville, Anaheim and Detroit will only give that much if they know they can re-sign the guy.
If Witt/Weight/Nagy are worth a 1st rounder. Forsberg is worth 2 1st rounders or a 1st rounder and very good prospect.

Steve L* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 11:52 AM
CCCP

Quote:
On TSN: they talked to the Flyers GM, and he said that Forsberg feels he should be traded becasue "he is not helping his team, because he feels he is not the same player he was"
Quote:
He is obviosuly not going to admit Forsberg asked for a trade, becasue he wouldn't want any thing to happen between him and the philly fans, if Forsberg were to re-sign. No GM ever tells the truth!!!
Make up your mind!

CCCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 11:53 AM
Canucks19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve L View Post
If Witt/Weight/Nagy are worth a 1st rounder. Forsberg is worth 2 1st rounders or a 1st rounder and very good prospect.
True.... but too many people here Forsberg is worth some "potential" defensemen from Nashville, Philly would want Radulov back in the trade.

Old
02-14-2007, 11:54 AM
Nordic*

Forsberg is a winner and future hall of famer. His teammates would look to him for leadership in tight playoffgames, regardless if he had the captaincy or not.

Nordic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 11:55 AM
CCCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by runkletm View Post
Flyers have a managerial obligation to get value for him if they don't think he will be back next year.
Even if they do think he'll be back next year, trade him to a contender, get some picks/players in return, then sign him in the off season.

CCCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 12:01 PM
PhillyFlyers1796

Im so sick of vancouver fans, habs fans, ranger fans, and who ever else speaking for forsberg because they want him on their team...

The bottom line is, this has been a really tough season for him, more so then any of us can imagine. He does not want to go through this skate situation again next year, whether it be in philly or anywhere else. Until he is certain he'll be able to have a comfortable skate for next year, hes not going to make any decisions regarding the remainder of this season or next season. This is the only thing that is holding back anything happening. There is no secret trade in the works, he hasnt decided anything yet.

Forsberg has said many times he likes it in philly and wants to stay. If he decides he wants to continue his career, he will sign with the flyers. The only way he'll be traded is if snider convinces him its whats best for the flyers, and since he feels like he owes them, he'll waive his NTC.

Forsberg is probably the most honest athlete ive seen, and i see him make these same comments everyday, i dont think for a second he's BSing us.

PhillyFlyers1796 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 12:06 PM
SaveHextall

I dont think the present situation warrants taking the captaincy away from 21. And if they did it should go to Knuble, not Gagne. Not even close to Gagne. Him even having an "A" is pushing it.

I will say this though. I think he wants to be traded but doesnt have the balls to tell management. He doesn't want to be the bad guy. It's just like making your g/f break up with you instead of you actually doing it!.

I'm not sure if he just doesnt want it to leak out to the fans or what but he seems reluctant to ask out.

My 2 cents.

SaveHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 12:17 PM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

Pointless thread with zero facts.

Ex Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 12:41 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Quote:
Or maybe the general managers do tell the truth, it's just none of the fans listen. They like overcomplicating things by spreading lies to make their own lives more interesting.

Roger's Pancreas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 12:55 PM
Corto
Faceless Man

Quote:
This is sorta funny I thought.

We won't believe the GM who talked to Peter and actually knows him...

But we should strip him of the captaincy cos of some fans and a handful of journalists think...

Philly's a great hockey town with loads of tradition... I doubt they'd suffer having a truly unhappy superstar pi**ing everyone off, ownership, coaches, teammates and fans...

Corto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 01:02 PM
Steve L*

Quote:
True.... but too many people here Forsberg is worth some "potential" defensemen from Nashville, Philly would want Radulov back in the trade.
Funny you say that, on the Preds board they say the price has got to 2 1st rounders plus Radulov and maybe another young player.

Steve L* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 01:11 PM
Canucks19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve L View Post
Funny you say that, on the Preds board they say the price has got to 2 1st rounders plus Radulov and maybe another young player.
Yeh and i got flamed in the rumors board for even mentioning Radulov...

Old
02-14-2007, 01:15 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisent View Post
IMO the "C" is just as overrated...I think players see that like that as well (at least the ones I have talked too).
Thank you. Some fans place such a disproportionate amount of importance on a letter.

Peter Forsberg's teammates, wherever he plays, respect him bigtime. Based on the one thing that matters - his record of accomplishment. You earn respect among peers in this game by producing AND winning.

Likewise, professional hockey players are not naive. His Flyer teammates understand that the NHL is a great sport AND a business. Why they would lose any respect for him is simply weird.

Trottier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 01:17 PM
Timmy

Quote:
Right...lets start comparing NBA situations with NHL ones...I'm a little disappointed in you....
I hear Pronger has a mean hook shot.

Timmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 01:19 PM
Canucks19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
I hear Pronger has a mean hook shot.
2/10

- you tried to be funny, but failed.... go slap yourself 3 times...

Old
02-14-2007, 01:26 PM
Timmy

Quote:
2/10

- you tried to be funny, but failed.... go slap yourself 3 times...
I apologize.

I thought you were saying that if NBA players demanded to be traded, then they were, but if NHL players asked to be traded, that they weren't.

Timmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 01:27 PM
NOTENOUGHBREWER

Luongo asked for a trade. Everyone involved will deny it but they are liars. I know he did because I want him on my team SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bad.

NOTENOUGHBREWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 01:28 PM
Canucks19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTENOUGHBREWER View Post
Luongo asked for a trade. Everyone involved will deny it but they are liars. I know he did because I want him on my team SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bad.
Okay, goodjob, Lets get on topic and talk about if Forsberg deserves to remain captain of this team....

Old
02-14-2007, 01:31 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Quote:
Okay, goodjob, Lets get on topic and talk about if Forsberg deserves to remain captain of this team....
You mean let's get into a meaningless pissing match about how your inane speculation holds more weight than Forsberg's actual quote in the inquirer? Let's not.

Roger's Pancreas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 01:33 PM
NOTENOUGHBREWER

He was injured. So therefore they should take away his C.

Thats basically what your arguement boils down to. So I'd say no.

Old
02-14-2007, 01:35 PM
Canucks19*

Quote:
He was injured. So therefore they should take away his C.

Thats basically what your arguement boils down to. So I'd say no.
Read this, I am not the only one who feels Forsberg shouldn't be the captain of Philly.

http://daily.phanaticmag.com/2007/02...was-flyer.html

Quote:
With a 'leader' like Forsberg, it's no wonder the Flyers are the worst team BY FAR in the NHL.

In fact, without Joe Sakic, Forsberg wouldn't be regarded as highly as he is.

Without Sakic donning the 'C' in Denver, Forsberg wouldn't have, couldn't have led the Avs to two Stanley Cup titles. Without Sakic, Forsberg would have been exactly what he is in Philadelphia: A whiny prima-donna that used an ill-fitting skate as an excuse not play for the worst team in hockey.

Old
02-14-2007, 01:37 PM
NOTENOUGHBREWER

Want a link to a blog that says Sakic is a horribly overrated captain and Spezza should've been wearing the C at Turin?

Old
02-14-2007, 01:38 PM
Canucks19*

Quote:
Want a link to a blog that says Sakic is a horribly overrated captain and Spezza should've been wearing the C at Turin?
Sure.... this blog just proves forsberg is not deservable of being a captain.... If you don't want to talk about him being a captain, then you don't have to post in this thread!