HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Weekes Put on IR; Valiquette Recalled

Old
02-14-2007, 10:45 PM
BroadwayBlair

vCash: 500
I think well being seeing Henrik for the rest of the season, hes being playing great, and I think he can handle it. As for this flu bug, I think we should recommend Airborne to the Rangers.

BroadwayBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 11:47 PM
bleedblue94

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontStaal View Post
so i'm confused

wouldn't Valiquette have to go through re-entry waivers? or did he already? sorry if this was already answered
its part of the cba ... its an injury exemption ... anyone know what actually happened to weekes?

bleedblue94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 12:23 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SML View Post
Valiquette will never play as a regular for the Rangers, he's the same as LaBarbera, the same as Hirsch. We've all been wowed by guys who put up great numbers in the AHL, it doesn't mean anything at the NHL level, where the difference between the great goalies and the less than average is usually only about 1 goal a game.
What great numbers in the AHL? Valiquette has never been a starter there--unlike LaBarbera and Hirsch.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 02:23 AM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goalie_Gal View Post
Just before the lockout, my husband and I went to Philly to see the Rangers, and Valiquette played. If I recall correctly, he kicked a** for the first two periods, and all the Flyers fans around us were asking "Who is this guy?!" I think the Rangers ended up losing that game but I don't remember if it was because of a bad goal on his part or not.
Yeah I remember that game. I think it was kind of a late season, meaningless game and the Rangers actually wound up winning. Valiquette said something along the lines of "I faced the Flyers in NHL 98 so I wasn't nervous" or something

Woohoo, 1000 posts! I have no life lol

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 11:07 AM
shoothepuck
NY Raiders AMNRL

Maybe the flu will sideline Renney, and Perry will make some smarter line changes. Weekes got injured from keeping his fat wallet in the wrong pocket while sitting on the bench.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 12:09 PM
DontStaal

as per sam's blog:

Quote:
I mentioned yesterday the “medical exception” granted to the Rangers over Stephen Valiquette not having to pass through waivers. Um yea, that was wrong. Turns out Valiquette simply hasn’t played enough NHL games to need to go through re-entry waivers.
http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/

DontStaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 02:41 PM
Goalie_Gal

Ahhh... yeah I was just coming here to post that myself to correct my earlier post. I hate passing on wrong info.

Goalie_Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 05:54 PM
Lundqvist=Vezina
Legendary

Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist=Vezina
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontStaal View Post
Yeah, I thought that was wrong because both of the Kings goalies were hurt and Labarbra (sp) still couldn't be called up.

Lundqvist=Vezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 05:19 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Not a good 1st impression by Vally

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 08:23 PM
wildone26*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
What great numbers in the AHL? Valiquette has never been a starter there--unlike LaBarbera and Hirsch.

Valiquette is the starting goalie in Hartford this year so I dont know why you would say he has never been a starter at the AHL level.

wildone26* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 09:28 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildone26 View Post
Valiquette is the starting goalie in Hartford this year so I dont know why you would say he has never been a starter at the AHL level.
umm no. Montoya is the starter in Hartford, just like last season.

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 09:41 PM
bleedrngrblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue View Post
Not a good 1st impression by Vally
That was a tough situation to come in . I've personally seen Valiquette play and he can do MUCH better. In fact if he had ever found some consistency, he'd probably be at LEAST a solid NHL backup! He was very shaky in that game, but he's usually better.

bleedrngrblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 10:22 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedrngrblue View Post
That was a tough situation to come in . I've personally seen Valiquette play and he can do MUCH better. In fact if he had ever found some consistency, he'd probably be at LEAST a solid NHL backup! He was very shaky in that game, but he's usually better.
Some prospects just don't develop into NHL players--especially ones that are not consistant. Any player who has played hockey professionally has their moments. If they can't do it consistantly, there really isn't room for them. It's now more than 10 years since Valquette was drafted. He's not going to get any better and he's not suddenly develop into an NHL goalie, backup or otherwise. He's a place filler, nothing more.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 10:24 PM
bleedrngrblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
Some prospects just don't develop into NHL players--especially ones that are not consistant. Any player who has played hockey professionally has their moments. If they can't do it consistantly, there really isn't room for them. It's now more than 10 years since Valquette was drafted. He's not going to get any better and he's not suddenly develop into an NHL goalie, backup or otherwise. He's a place filler, nothing more.
Agreed. However, I will say with confidence, that Valiquette has alot of talent, just never got his act together for whatever reasons! You can't teach size, and he fills a net nicely.

bleedrngrblue is offline   Reply With Quote