HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Notices

Saprykin

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-08-2003, 09:42 PM
  #1
kruezer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 6,271
vCash: 500
Saprykin

He really seems to be finding his role of late. Any chance he sticks when the injured guys get back? Could we see this line-up?

Reinprecht-Lombardi-Iginla
Gelinas-Conroy-Donovan
Saprykin-Yelle-Clark
Oliwa-Betts-Kobasew
McAmmond/Lowry

I think he has alot more to offer than Dean McAmmond (thought I've never been Deano's biggest fan :p) He's far fiestier and could very well put up more points than McAmmond if he plays enough, plus you don't really give up much if any speed. If they could get rid of McAmmond it would save 1.5 mill. That would help, don't know if anyone would want McAmmond though.

kruezer is offline  
Old
12-09-2003, 09:57 AM
  #2
looooob
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,886
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kruezer
He really seems to be finding his role of late. Any chance he sticks when the injured guys get back? Could we see this line-up?

Reinprecht-Lombardi-Iginla
Gelinas-Conroy-Donovan
Saprykin-Yelle-Clark
Oliwa-Betts-Kobasew
McAmmond/Lowry

I think he has alot more to offer than Dean McAmmond (thought I've never been Deano's biggest fan :p) He's far fiestier and could very well put up more points than McAmmond if he plays enough, plus you don't really give up much if any speed. If they could get rid of McAmmond it would save 1.5 mill. That would help, don't know if anyone would want McAmmond though.
Saprykin is playing better, but McAmmond is playing very well right now, both with Iginla and now with Gelinas and Donovan. sure he's someone to move if we had to move 1.5 Mill but otherwise I"m in no rush to move McAmmond...If and that's a big IF we ever have everyone back healthy I would think Mcammond would be in the lineup over one or more of Kobasew, Betts and possibly even Lombardi who is cooling off

looooob is offline  
Old
12-09-2003, 10:11 AM
  #3
Lanny MacDonald*
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Tuvalu
Posts: 4,457
vCash: 500
Is this an attempt to bait Bicycle Repairman??? If so, that's okay, I just wanted to make sure.



BTW... I think he's doing pretty good for a guy that is supposed to be playing in Russia.

Lanny MacDonald* is offline  
Old
12-09-2003, 11:14 AM
  #4
Badger Bob
Registered User
 
Badger Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: in my happy place
Country: Germany
Posts: 5,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanny MacDonald
Is this an attempt to bait Bicycle Repairman??? If so, that's okay, I just wanted to make sure.

Saprykin Fan's waiting to see if that's the case b4 he jumps in.

Badger Bob is offline  
Old
12-09-2003, 11:48 AM
  #5
Sec of Partying Down
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Moscow, Idaho
Country: United States
Posts: 3,035
vCash: 500
I think Kobasew and Lowry should be the fill-ins. McAmmond has been playing well of late.

Sec of Partying Down is offline  
Old
12-09-2003, 02:35 PM
  #6
golfmade
Go Preds Go
 
golfmade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Taiwan
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 19,460
vCash: 500
What's the common consensus? I've got him in my fantasy league and wondering if I hold onto him or trade him.

golfmade is offline  
Old
12-09-2003, 02:45 PM
  #7
FLAMESFAN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 2,325
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade
What's the common consensus? I've got him in my fantasy league and wondering if I hold onto him or trade him.
I'd hold on to him for the time being. Wait to see what happens when the injured start coming back (about 3 weeks)

FLAMESFAN is offline  
Old
12-09-2003, 08:57 PM
  #8
kruezer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 6,271
vCash: 500
I hadn't thought that I might be baiting BC, but since thats the way it seems....:p

naw, I just have been impressed with him lately, I really am too tough on McAmmond though, so I might be wrong on that one. What are your guys' healthy lineups?

kruezer is offline  
Old
12-10-2003, 07:00 AM
  #9
looooob
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,886
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kruezer
I hadn't thought that I might be baiting BC, but since thats the way it seems....:p

naw, I just have been impressed with him lately, I really am too tough on McAmmond though, so I might be wrong on that one. What are your guys' healthy lineups?
it depends. from where I sit, Lombardi is cooling down lately....if that trend continues when everyone is back in the lineup then I consider sending him down. If he picks it back up, then I have to reconsider....everyone healthy? something like
McAmmond Reinprecht Iginla
Gelinas Conroy Donovan
Saprykin Yelle Clark/Kobasew
Oliwa Betts Kobasew/Clark

looooob is offline  
Old
12-10-2003, 11:16 AM
  #10
Flames Draft Watcher
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Calgary
Posts: 4,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade
What's the common consensus? I've got him in my fantasy league and wondering if I hold onto him or trade him.
The common consensus on what? His point production this year? Next year? His upside?

I think he'll be a 20-40 goal player with 50-80 points at his peak. Just my opinion.

Flames Draft Watcher is offline  
Old
12-25-2003, 11:45 PM
  #11
golfmade
Go Preds Go
 
golfmade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Taiwan
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 19,460
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Draft Watcher
The common consensus on what? His point production this year? Next year? His upside?

I think he'll be a 20-40 goal player with 50-80 points at his peak. Just my opinion.
Just an overall consensus. I'm kinda stacked with young center men (Gomez, Reasoner, Saprykin, Taffe, Hudler) so just wondering if I should move one, but I think i'll hold onto them all, especially Saprykin since it looks like he's been doing pretty well of late and getting more ice time.

golfmade is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:38 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.