HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Love them or hate them, they always seem to keep us on the edge of our seats.

Old
02-14-2007, 05:02 PM
Arcane

vCash: 500
Love them or hate them, they always seem to keep us on the edge of our seats.

This team is hilarious.

Just about every single year for the last 15 years or so this has been the story.

Like it or hate it, it's exciting and brings about every emotion from us, the fans. People say we complain, we rag on the players, we are rude, we rag on the coaches, get pissed off at the GM's, yell about the EIG.

But if Oiler fans didn't do these things we would internally combust.

Other teams go up and down, we stay at about the same level and it always comes down to the wire.

It's never boring, that's for sure.

Arcane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 05:07 PM
tips

id rather be on the edge of my seat in may and june, rather then february and march...

im getting pretty sick of it to be honest.

tips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 05:13 PM
Oilerdiehard

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevefromYellowstone View Post
This team is hilarious.

Just about every single year for the last 15 years or so this has been the story.

Like it or hate it, it's exciting and brings about every emotion from us, the fans. People say we complain, we rag on the players, we are rude, we rag on the coaches, get pissed off at the GM's, yell about the EIG.

But if Oiler fans didn't do these things we would internally combust.

Other teams go up and down, we stay at about the same level and it always comes down to the wire.

It's never boring, that's for sure.
I guess it is bound to happen with so many consecutive years of mediocrity. When was the last time we got more than 100 points? Must be close to 20 years.

I guess you cannot help but laugh at it all. One watches other franchises suffer through similar things but like Ottawa, Calgary, Nashville, Anaheim, Buffalo etc... but they get better eventually and get to enjoy some successful regular seasons at least to break up the monotony every now and again.

Last edited by Oilerdiehard: 02-14-2007 at 05:18 PM.
Oilerdiehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 05:23 PM
Other Little Mikey

Someone, I can't remember who, but one of the regular posters around here said in the GDT for game four against San Jose (paraphrased from memory): "I love this team. So I'll die a few years earlier, they're worth it."

Of course ... slightly different circumstances ...

It's why I'm of two minds about this trip. My prediction is they'll go .500, and won't miss the playoffs officially until the last week of the season. Because that is What The Oilers Do. So part of me almost (almost!) wants them to just tank this trip and get it over with, to see what Kevin Lowe would do. Sell off whatever's not nailed down and see what we can get. We never end up with a decent draft pick because Kevin Lowe never throws in the towel. I admire that, but ... I want a top five pick, dammit!

But I can't really bring myself to give up on them either.

Other Little Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 05:32 PM
oilphan

The difference is that this year they are playing a tremendously boring brand of hockey. Lately, I have been flipping to other games while the Oil are playing and enjoying the hockey much more. In fact, I almost find it more fun watching the Leafs and cheering against them. The hockey seems to me much more free wheeling, and I can almost get as emotionally involved as watching the Oil (as I hate the Leafs almost as much as I love the Oil)!

oilphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 05:39 PM
OntOilFan

Mediocrity doesn't keep me on the edge of my seat. It keeps me on the edge of a cliff.

OntOilFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 05:43 PM
serum114

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntOilFan View Post
Mediocrity doesn't keep me on the edge of my seat. It keeps me on the edge of a cliff.
Jump!

serum114 is offline   Reply With Quote