HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lupul or Stoll, who would be your choice...

Closed Thread

Old
12-09-2003, 01:52 AM
londberg21

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to londberg21 Send a message via MSN to londberg21 Send a message via Yahoo to londberg21
Lupul or Stoll, who would be your choice...

for a fantasy team? I'm really sorry to be asking these questions, as I said before, and if it pisses anyone off, please say something and I'll never ask this stuff again. Anyway, I'll just give the whole story to save me asking anything else on the subject. Keep everyone league, 16 teams, and I'm LOADED at my 12 forward slots; when I get healthy my worst forward is either Antropov or Zhamnov, and this is a 16-teamer. Anyway, Camm and Lupul are prospects of mine, and the current offer on the table is Camm and Brad Richards for Hejduk, he's been thinking for about 36 hours now on it. If I give Richards, Camm, and Lupul for Stoll and Hejduk, the deal gets done. Also, I'm loaded with assist guys (most assists in the league) but lack goal scorers (tied for 10th), so that's my reasoning in the Richards-Hejduk swap. I'm gonna wait and see if he'll take just Camm no Lupul, but if not, do I add Lupul from me and Stoll from him? Lupul seems to be quite the common topic in here, so apparently you guys know about him, both with him being an area boy and the Comrie stuff. Anyway....any suggestions here? So many odd predictions out there in scouting reports on Lupul, I figured this would be the best way to find out what he's really made of, from the guys who've seen him and actually have a connection with him. GREATLY appreciated all, thanks so much.

Old
12-09-2003, 02:01 AM
Kevin Forbes
Hockey's Future Staff

I would say Lupul has a bigger offensive upside

but then again, I'm a smelly old Ducks fan

Old
12-09-2003, 04:27 AM
Oiltalk

Let the guy think it out before deciding what you want to do. Stoll probably won't be getting as much games with Reasoner coming back. MacT has a way with giving underperforming players more time than the rookies, so Lupul would be your better bet here.

Old
12-09-2003, 06:06 AM
McThome
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to McThome
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltalk
Let the guy think it out before deciding what you want to do. Stoll probably won't be getting as much games with Reasoner coming back. MacT has a way with giving underperforming players more time than the rookies, so Lupul would be your better bet here.
Reasoner isn't/hasn't been an under-performer this year. But if you were referring to Horcoff then, yes I agree with you.

Old
12-09-2003, 06:49 AM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
I guess it really depends on what you have/need.

If you have a lot of offensive-style prospects, having Lupul isn't necessarily better than having Stoll.

Stoll is going to be a very good defensive centre in the NHL (I don't know how your league re-rates).

Lupul certainly has more offensive potential, but Stoll should be a pretty solid two-way performer. So if you have a young offensive team, you may be better off holding onto Stoll...

Old
12-09-2003, 08:56 AM
TMWTGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone

If you have a lot of offensive-style prospects, having Lupul isn't necessarily better than having Stoll.

Stoll is going to be a very good defensive centre in the NHL (I don't know how your league re-rates).

Lupul certainly has more offensive potential, but Stoll should be a pretty solid two-way performer. So if you have a young offensive team, you may be better off holding onto Stoll...

If it is goals you want, go with Lupul. If it is plus/minus, go with Stoll. Although, chances of Lupul getting a lot more goals than Stoll is probably a risky thing to bet on as well.

Old
12-09-2003, 08:57 AM
londberg21

Send a message via AIM to londberg21 Send a message via MSN to londberg21 Send a message via Yahoo to londberg21
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone

Well, again, Lupul is beyond my 12th forward as it sits now, I would probably rank him 14th. I'm not counting on production from him this year though, so that's why I was wondering about Stoll long-term. I don't really have any "prospects" in the minors (Staal, DiPietro, Gerber, McLean) like most teams do, but I like to take young guys who will be good soon, as opposed to waiting. I think I could also get the Nilsson guy from the Islanders in place of Stoll, though everything I read says he's having a bad year and I'm not too keen on waiting 4 years for a player. It's a classic fantasy league, nearly (G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP), so I would assume Lupul is the better bet....I'm just trying to decide how bad I want Hejduk. I know the first place team is offering a similar package, and being in 3rd, I'd rather not let the 1st place team get better. I may also try to give Elias instead of Richards with Lupul and Camm, and see if he bites there.

Closed Thread