HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Like I Said In Training Camp...

Closed Thread

Old
12-10-2003, 06:12 PM
guerin

vCash: 500
Like I Said In Training Camp...

I Remember Many Of You Bash Me When I've Said, During The Training Camp, That Ribiero And Dagenais Are Made To Play Togheter... I Think It's Time For Apologyse... Ha Ha Ha

Old
12-10-2003, 06:16 PM
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerin
I Remember Many Of You Bash Me When I've Said, During The Training Camp, That Ribiero And Dagenais Are Made To Play Togheter... I Think It's Time For Apologyse... Ha Ha Ha

Why Are The First Letters Of All Your Words In Caps?

Old
12-10-2003, 06:16 PM
EquabaleAce

Send a message via MSN to EquabaleAce
Quote:
hey ... i apologize

i thought dagenais would never get a chance to play in the nhl

just another great move by bg

Old
12-10-2003, 06:18 PM
guerin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Habs Go
Why Are The First Letters Of All Your Words In Caps?
just an habit...

Old
12-10-2003, 06:23 PM
Habeas Corpus

Quote:
Dagenais is nothing to write home about. His play has been mediocre at best. You won't get any apologies from me

Old
12-10-2003, 06:26 PM
Maxhab

Quote:
How about we wait a little longer before we start the "I told you so" with Dagenais, Dagenais is playing some solid hockey, lets wait and see if he can keep it up over the next 20-30 games and keep puting up points before we proclaim him a 2nd line sniper.

Old
12-10-2003, 06:30 PM
guerin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxhab
How about we wait a little longer before we start the "I told you so" with Dagenais, Dagenais is playing some solid hockey, lets wait and see if he can keep it up over the next 20-30 games and keep puting up points before we proclaim him a 2nd line sniper.
I agree but if CJ put Audette to replace him in the next game, i'll cry all the night long...
(i'm afraid this could happen soon...)

Old
12-10-2003, 06:39 PM
Maxhab

Quote:
I agree but if CJ put Audette to replace him in the next game, i'll cry all the night long...
(i'm afraid this could happen soon...)
Wow wow, I agree with the fact that Dagenais is better than Audette, Audette should be tossed in one of the dumpsters behind the Bell center, theres no reason that Audette should get back in the line up, infact if Dagenais doesent work out id like to see Balej called up to take his place before we put audette in.

Old
12-10-2003, 06:47 PM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxhab
Wow wow, I agree with the fact that Dagenais is better than Audette, Audette should be tossed in one of the dumpsters behind the Bell center, theres no reason that Audette should get back in the line up, infact if Dagenais doesent work out id like to see Balej called up to take his place before we put audette in.
I'd also like to see Balej get a chance....you never know. BG did say that he wanted to evaluate our talent so maybe a callup isn't that far fetched.

Old
12-10-2003, 06:48 PM
Patty Roy

I'm far from a Dagenais fan, but i'm willing to admit that thus far he's exceded my expectations of him (not that it would have been hard...). That said, lets give it another 15-20 games before we start singing his praises.

Old
12-10-2003, 06:54 PM
Belarus Rocket

Send a message via MSN to Belarus Rocket
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty Roy
I'm far from a Dagenais fan, but i'm willing to admit that thus far he's exceded my expectations of him (not that it would have been hard...). That said, lets give it another 15-20 games before we start singing his praises.
Samething for me,I say let's wait 15-20 games and we will see what he can really do

Old
12-10-2003, 07:09 PM
#2FAN

vCash:
Quote:
Not a good way to make friends, I think you should give an apology for making this stupid thread. There is already a Dagenais praising thread.

Old
12-10-2003, 07:16 PM
EquabaleAce

Send a message via MSN to EquabaleAce
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty Roy
that is my thoughts exactly on dagenais, however even making it to the big club suprised me so he has exceded my expectations for him.

Old
12-10-2003, 07:51 PM
Habsolution

When he got here I thought the management and coaching staff had gone crazy. But they did their job. He's got exactly what we need to play on the top 2 lines for now. I'm really unsure he can be a top 2 lines winger. But as of right now we've got nothing better. Not by a long shot.

Old
12-10-2003, 08:06 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
I Remember Many Of You Bash Me When I've Said, During The Training Camp, That Ribiero And Dagenais Are Made To Play Togheter... I Think It's really good point of view Time For Apologyse... Ha Ha Ha

Last edited by goalchenyuk: 12-10-2003 at 08:24 PM.
Old
12-10-2003, 10:10 PM
guerin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future=Hossa
Samething for me,I say let's wait 15-20 games and we will see what he can really do
ok, i agree with all of you; let's wait 15-20 games to see if he keep it up.
But after that, you must admit that:

- you don't have to be the speediest winger to have succes on the wings. You just need to have the speediest hands.
(remember Andreychuck)

- when you have long arms with long stick, it give you many more chance to put some garbage goals in the net.. (remember Andreychuck)

- when you have a very good shot and you play with Ribs, its impossible to score less than 20 goals per years. (remember Andreychuck with Richard last year)

- The bigger you are, the longer it take to make your mark in the NHL (remember Bertuzzi, Leclair and others...)

Anyway, let's wait and see what happen...

p.s. i seem to be a little high on him but i know him personnally so i have always follow his carreer and i know what he can do. I've speak with Frédéric Chabot recently ( at the Alma arena) and he say that Dags have one of the stongest shot he have seen in his career with a very quick release. He say that the combinaition of this two quality makes him a dangerous sniper.

Old
12-10-2003, 10:59 PM
SuperUnknown

Other than being a good shooter and having some chemistry with Ribeiro, Dagenais is nothing to write home about.

He's weak along the boards and doesn't skate too fast either. We'll keep a watch on him.

Tonight he wowed me with a shot that he put on the post on a "missed" pass from Ribeiro, he's got incredible hand-eye coordination to have been able to shoot the bouncing puck like he did. However, I'm not sure how much his shooter skills outbalance his weaknesses. I guess we'll have to wait a bit more to really know.

Something's for sure, Dagenais will NEVER be a Todd Bertuzzi.

Old
12-11-2003, 04:00 AM
Dragon

It is too early to judge a player after just a few games.

Come back at the end of the season.

Old
12-11-2003, 04:24 AM
Darz

Still a little early to call the Dagenais/Ribiero thing a success, but it is raising a few eyebrows. Another 20-30 games as Maxhab suggested will make things pretty clear.

I real think that after Audette is cleared to play BG will send him to Hamilton for a 'conditioning' stint, that could last a little while.

Old
12-11-2003, 04:58 AM
Medicine Twin

Dagenais is having a successful call-up so far because of effort... he wants to stay here. It's a question of whether or not he'll become comfortable and think that he doesn't have to try so hard anymore later on.

BTW, I don't find him to be weak along the boards at all. He doesn't go out and throw hits but he does use his strength to cycle the puck well.

Old
12-11-2003, 05:05 AM
Dragon

The only knock on Dagenais as an NHL player is his skating, not his strength of goal scorer touch. Maybe that's why he is a good fit for this team because we have a lot of skillful, fast but weak forwards.

Closed Thread