HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Official TOOTIN POWER GDT February 15: NY Rangers at Carolina Hurricanes, 7:00p MSG ‎

Old
02-16-2007, 04:23 AM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbean04 View Post
I never played hockey, how bad does it hurt when u lose a couple of teeth like that? It didn't look like the puck hit him hard.
I lost a front teeth by a stick. I have to admit that it kind of rattles you to get a stick/puck to the face. You got so much adrenaline that if you get shot in the foot for example, you feel some pain, but its more like it become numb. Though if you loose a tooth and cuts the lip badly its a ***** right then, and its a ***** afterwards.

In other words if Shanahan skated to the bench without 3 teeths and smiled he is a tough bugger!

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 04:27 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription View Post
O.C.D line might be good also because they are fast and scurry around out there. Twitchy. Kind of like I picture O.C.D. people to be.
Can't anyone put together a picture of Orts, Cullen and Dupuis looking like O.C.D people and send it to Sam and ask what he thinks?

Old
02-16-2007, 04:39 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by dank View Post
btw, just saw the Dupuis goal and wow does that line ever have speed..

they look like a bunch of buzzing, annoying, speedy little mosquitoes (in a good way) that seem to create havoc and have a player on the puck at all times. wowza..
Dupuis had a good game.

On the negative side, I think he looked a little weak on the puck down low, I expect most of his production comes from the rush or just darting in on open ice. He doesn't seem to be good around the boards, he almost got hit really hard 3 times trying to make "strange" plays.

On the positive side, he made a couple of really smart headsup plays too, were he choose the safe option instead of challenging it and play with small marginals. Thats always good to see.

Whats driving that line aren't only their speed, they are really good at winning the puck back, which is a must since they loose it allot.

I were thinking about a Dupuis-Cullen-Prucha line before the game, but now I am not so hot on it. Basically every time they created pressure it came after Orts breaking up play/picking up loose pucks deep in the ice. I think the team are better of with the balance we got now, or with Petr in Pascals position.

Old
02-16-2007, 06:40 AM
JerseyRangers

Overall just a very solid game. If they continue to play like this they will be tough to beat and have as good of a chance as anyone to get into the playoffs.

Renney is finally has 4 lines he has confidence in and is rolling all 4 lines. Good to see that he is not throwing Jagr and Shanny out ther for 24 minutes a game. The pp is finally beginning to look like we all figured it would when the Rangers signed Shanny. Now we've got two groups out there that give you different looks and its making it tougher for teams to key on one thing.

Defensively this is a big difference from what we saw in December. Helps that the forwards are really coming back (starting with Orts who just doesn't get enough credit for what he does). Girardi has been a great addition. He just doesn't seem to get rattled out there.

Hossa continues to play well. He didn't get on the scoresheet last nite but had some great shifts with the Jagr line. Can't say enough about Avery. His addition has been huge. Marc Andre Who? is all I got to say.

JerseyRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 07:15 AM
Kostik

just few notes...strong game by NYR yesterday
Malik had a strong game....i was pleasently surprised, he was really solid, i think he is finally picking up his game.
Jagr was looking tired in the second half, flu maybe?
And Tom, switch Orts with Prucha, thank you.

Kostik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 08:14 AM
94now

Lundqvist impressed me again. Canes had over 25 SOG last night. They would have scored at least 4 goals in November... Very solid positioning as well as even puck handling on Henke's part.
Ward was outright terrible on both two-on-one he faced playing wrong guy two times. First resulted in goal against, second he got lucky in risky and unnecessary slide. The rest of defense played well. Girardi played great.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 08:33 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
Ward was outright terrible on both two-on-one he faced playing wrong guy two times. First resulted in goal against, second he got lucky in risky and unnecessary slide. The rest of defense played well. Girardi played great.
Gotta disagree on Ward. He handled the second 2-1 in textbook fashion and basically started the play back the other way, which resulted in a goal.

Girardi was great though, and as Kostik pointed mentioned, strong game from Malik too. Karel's giveaway might have been the only bad play by a defenseman I saw all night. Great defensive effort.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 08:55 AM
Levitate

The problem with switching Orts and Prucha at this point is that Orts is really doing a lot of things that makes his line work. He may not score a lot, but he breaks up a lot of the opposing teams plays and turns the puck the other way. He forechecks hard and wins pucks. He's not creating with skill, but he's creating with hard work.

Right now, Prucha is kind of the odd man out...he doesn't quite fit on any of the lines other than where he's at, unless the Rangers want to swap him and Dupuis (which I don't think is a bad idea...)

Am I the only one who's really impressed with Tyutin and how he moves the puck? He'll still make some gaffs here and there, but not often, and damn...he can look like Neidermeyer out there when he skates the puck up the ice. Not as fast, but smooth and effortless and great at shielding the puck.

It'd be great if he can develop his offense more in the coming years...I think that'd really make people take notice of him as a true top pairing defenseman. As it is, I feel pretty comfortable with him going against just about any forward in the league defensively

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 09:01 AM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
Gotta disagree on Ward. He handled the second 2-1 in textbook fashion and basically started the play back the other way, which resulted in a goal.

Girardi was great though, and as Kostik pointed mentioned, strong game from Malik too. Karel's giveaway might have been the only bad play by a defenseman I saw all night. Great defensive effort.
Karel giveaway was in opposition zone. It shouldn't matter, but it did. That was because Ward tried to pokecheck the puck carrier, the no-no when two-on-one. The proper play was to prevent the pass and let Henke to take care of the shooter as textbook says. He repeated the mistake second time sliding into puck carrier while two-on-one. The fact that he was successful does not excuse the risky play which was wrong, esp. for veteran D.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 09:09 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Am I the only one who's really impressed with Tyutin and how he moves the puck? He'll still make some gaffs here and there, but not often, and damn...he can look like Neidermeyer out there when he skates the puck up the ice. Not as fast, but smooth and effortless and great at shielding the puck.
I noticed one play were Tyutin shielded the puck and skated past two forecheckers on one play. Thats great to see.

I am very soft for thoose kind of plays, think its a weakness we got, if you forecheck against D's that can beat you clean one on one, like Leetch often did, it makes the forecheckers job so much harder, you can't be nearly as aggressive. If you forecheck with two people, and one of them are beaten by the D with the puck it becomes pretty critical defensivly, often resulting in a scoring chance the other way.

Its great to see Tyutin taking a bigger responsebility in thoose aspects. Though, he aren't really agile enough to do it on a regular basis, like a Thomas Kaberle or Dan Boyle, but little is better then nothing.

Old
02-16-2007, 09:12 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post

It'd be great if he can develop his offense more in the coming years...I think that'd really make people take notice of him as a true top pairing defenseman. As it is, I feel pretty comfortable with him going against just about any forward in the league defensively
I'm actually amazed at how many Ranger fans have actually slammed him this year. I think he moves the puck very well, and has added a more consistent element of physicalaity to his game this year. He and Girardi (who, I must say, has been quite impressive, and better than I expected), look very comfortable, and Giraradi's presence has actully aloowed Fedor to look much more comfortable on this ice. With the likes of Staal, Sauer (who continually gets underrated, even by Rangers fans) and Sanguinetti on the way, I'm not Fedor HAS to be a top pairing D-man. But, his continued growth sure augurs well for the future.

Last edited by jas: 02-16-2007 at 09:19 AM.
jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 09:19 AM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
I think the reason we are playing better and giving up so few goals has little to do with the D. honestly I dont think our D has been horrible except for the typical Malik blunder since we got rid of bozo and kaspar.
Rachunek has been committing far more blunders than Malik, including the one that led to the goal.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 09:22 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Its great to see Tyutin taking a bigger responsebility in thoose aspects. Though, he aren't really agile enough to do it on a regular basis, like a Thomas Kaberle or Dan Boyle, but little is better then nothing.
Eh...I think he has the agility and skill to do it, but his weakness is that he's not truly quick. Not that he's not a good skater, but he doesn't have that explosiveness and ability to "change gears" and really turn the puck up the ice quickly.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 10:10 AM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
Rachunek has been committing far more blunders than Malik, including the one that led to the goal.
That gaff of his last night that led to the goal was Rach at his worst, but I give him credit for coming back and having a strong game there after. He contributed nicely.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 11:06 AM
NYROrtsFan

Rach's a tough thing right now becuase in his own zone, he hasnt been very good. But on the powerplay and in the offensive zone, he's been excellent. He moves the puck well and has an EXCELLENT shot that is almost always on net. That is a pretty valuable thing to have back there.

Hope he improves and becomes less of a liability back there.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 04:47 PM
DontStaal

as a firm believer in superstition... no one better make a GDT besides 51tyutin51

and yes, that is a threat

DontStaal is offline   Reply With Quote