HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Possible Comrie to Ducks Heating up!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-09-2003, 11:15 AM
  #51
Rooks Oilers
Registered User
 
Rooks Oilers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Hamilton, Ont
Country: Canada
Posts: 667
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by comrie
Well, I say we trade our 2021 1st round pick to ANA for Comrie. This way we can draft the mini Rooks Oiler. That is an adorable picture!!

I hope he will play for the OIL because he won't hold out on them thats for sure!

Rooks Oilers is offline  
Old
12-09-2003, 11:20 AM
  #52
McMatty
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: North Bay ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,510
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooks Oilers
I hope he will play for the OIL because he won't hold out on them thats for sure!
Well, you had better get him skating then ! It's never too early.


Hmmm ... on second thought, maybe you should wait until he can walk :p.

McMatty is offline  
Old
12-09-2003, 11:40 AM
  #53
Bohologo
Registered User
 
Bohologo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Tokyo
Country: Japan
Posts: 1,230
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chock Full Of Booger
That's sort of amazing.
The last time we gave up two blue chip prospects of that caliber we got a 25-year-old Teemu Selanne.
Good point. Chimera is no Chad Kilger.

Bohologo is offline  
Old
12-09-2003, 12:32 PM
  #54
dawgbone
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,104
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooks Oilers
I hope he will play for the OIL because he won't hold out on them thats for sure!
Dammit... you stole my idea... my daughter was getting a tonne of Oiler stuff for christmas, and it was going to be my avatar...

Oh well, I guess I will just keep her showing her displeasure of the leafs
<-------------------------------------

dawgbone is offline  
Old
12-09-2003, 12:45 PM
  #55
Shizuka
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: In purgatory
Posts: 1,737
vCash: 500
Can't say I am enamoured with the idea of getting McDonald and Perry for Comrie. That would be one weak deal for us. McDonald is small, and prone to concussions. Perry is, according to the scouting profile on Anaheim's HF page, a weak skater and gets pushed off the puck too easily. He is big, I guess...which brings up more concerns about Lowe's change in drafting strategy (big, slow, "project" type players...ugh) but I digress.

If Bryan Murray pulls it off, he will have effectively duped Lowe. Also, two forwards in return don't make sense as others have pointed out. Joanne Ireland's article in the Journal does not cite which current roster players would come back, but did mention the Perry + 1st. Still a very weak return...

Shizuka is offline  
Old
12-09-2003, 01:40 PM
  #56
OYLer
Registered User
 
OYLer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Win Desperate & Mad!
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,703
vCash: 500
Laughed right out LOUD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smaug
Comrie will be a malcontented mallard faster than you can say he's quacked. :p
Hey Smaug, humour like this will only make it less possible for us to unload a cry baby whose inflated head seems too firmly stuck up his assets!

OYLer is offline  
Old
12-09-2003, 01:58 PM
  #57
MrMackey
Registered User
 
MrMackey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: cgy
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,061
vCash: 500
Saw this posted on the ANA board... has anyone else heard of this on the radio or tv?

http://www.***********.com/article.p...31209122907377

MrMackey is offline  
Old
12-09-2003, 02:03 PM
  #58
woody
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMackey
Saw this posted on the ANA board... has anyone else heard of this on the radio or tv?

http://www.***********.com/article.p...31209122907377
I hope thats not true. I think we lose the deal big time.

Comrie, Laraque for Macdonald , Perry and 1st :mad:

woody is offline  
Old
12-09-2003, 02:13 PM
  #59
USC Trojans
New Era
 
USC Trojans's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: LA Oiler fan
Posts: 11,997
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody
I hope thats not true. I think we lose the deal big time.

Comrie, Laraque for Macdonald , Perry and 1st :mad:
ouch...very ouch, baby.
Might as well leave Laraque and MacDonald out of the equation. I don't know why Anaheim would want to add a pseudo-enforecer anyways. Don't they have this other big scrapper called Burnett?

USC Trojans is offline  
Old
12-09-2003, 02:18 PM
  #60
FacelessButcher
Registered User
 
FacelessButcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,201
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by USC Trojans
ouch...very ouch, baby.
Might as well leave Laraque and MacDonald out of the equation. I don't know why Anaheim would want to add a pseudo-enforecer anyways. Don't they have this other big scrapper called Burnett?
I don't mind it. Trade for the FUTURE!, ....[size=0.3]THE FUTURE![/size] [size=0.2]the future I say[/size]

FacelessButcher is offline  
Old
12-09-2003, 02:27 PM
  #61
t0mf00lery
Registered User
 
t0mf00lery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Barrie, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,857
vCash: 500
If that's the deal, I think we get burned pretty bad.

t0mf00lery is offline  
Old
12-09-2003, 02:29 PM
  #62
MrMackey
Registered User
 
MrMackey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: cgy
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,061
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FacelessButcher
I don't mind it. Trade for the FUTURE!, ....[size=0.3]THE FUTURE![/size] [size=0.2]the future I say[/size]
I don't mind it too much either... in terms of value.

However, I think it does not do much to address our most pressing needs... that being a top defender or a centreman with decent size. I am really hoping that there's a little more to help us now... but enough to help us in the future as well.

MrMackey is offline  
Old
12-09-2003, 02:40 PM
  #63
windowlicker
Registered User
 
windowlicker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Murky Wisconsin
Country: United States
Posts: 2,182
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody
I hope thats not true. I think we lose the deal big time.

Comrie, Laraque for Macdonald , Perry and 1st :mad:
last time I heard, Kevin Lowe was still able to tie his own shoes. This deal never goes down.

windowlicker is offline  
Old
12-09-2003, 02:54 PM
  #64
Ryno
BEHOLD!!
 
Ryno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: G.P
Country: Canada
Posts: 532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by windowlicker
last time I heard, Kevin Lowe was still able to tie his own shoes. This deal never goes down.
According to the link, it came from CFRN radio.

Can anyone confirm or deny the broadcasting of this (to the extent that they said the trade has happened?)

Ryno is offline  
Old
12-09-2003, 02:58 PM
  #65
woody
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryno
According to the link, it came from CFRN radio.

Can anyone confirm or deny the broadcasting of this (to the extent that they said the trade has happened?)
is CFRN radio still 1260am? If it is then they have not mentioned anything.

woody is offline  
Old
12-09-2003, 03:00 PM
  #66
Digger12
Gold Fever
 
Digger12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Back o' beyond
Posts: 15,559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryno
According to the link, it came from CFRN radio.

Can anyone confirm or deny the broadcasting of this (to the extent that they said the trade has happened?)
If it did happen, I imagine we won't have to wait long to find out...sometime within the next hour I would think.

Still not sure if I like this *rumoured* deal or not. Perry and 1st rounder (anywhere from 10th to 20th overall I would think)...I like.

Andy MacDonald...not so sure. Vish would turn my frown upside down, but that's not gonna happen.

Digger12 is offline  
Old
12-09-2003, 03:01 PM
  #67
JJTopper
Registered Creeper
 
JJTopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,034
vCash: 500
MacDonald, Perry and a 1st? Blah...don't think we would walk away with any top line talent in this deal. An injury prone 3rd liner and two B prospects (assuming the Ducks pick is a late one) for a young 1st line center and the leagues top enforcer. The only good that would come from this deal is the end to all these Comrie trade proposal threads. Well, from an Oiler POV atleast. I'm sure the Ducks would be giggling in joy that they didn't have to give up any real quality.

JJTopper is offline  
Old
12-09-2003, 03:07 PM
  #68
Digger12
Gold Fever
 
Digger12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Back o' beyond
Posts: 15,559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kAsT
MacDonald, Perry and a 1st? Blah...don't think we would walk away with any top line talent in this deal. An injury prone 3rd liner and two B prospects (assuming the Ducks pick is a late one) for a young 1st line center and the leagues top enforcer. The only good that would come from this deal is the end to all these Comrie trade proposal threads. Well, from an Oiler POV atleast. I'm sure the Ducks would be giggling in joy that they didn't have to give up any real quality.
For such a supposedly one sided deal, I don't see many Ducks fans on their board yucking it up right now...they sound just as bewildered and borderline ticked as us.

Digger12 is offline  
Old
12-09-2003, 03:10 PM
  #69
JJTopper
Registered Creeper
 
JJTopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,034
vCash: 500
I'm not saying the value is sickeningly off, but Lowe did say he wouldn't settle for anything but some top end players and none of the proposed are that IMO.

I could live with this deal, just as I could live with sitting Comrie for the whole season. I would just be disapointed Lowe didn't get any top line talent in a Comrie deal. Even if we had to package for it.

JJTopper is offline  
Old
12-09-2003, 03:11 PM
  #70
woody
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kAsT
MacDonald, Perry and a 1st? Blah...don't think we would walk away with any top line talent in this deal. An injury prone 3rd liner and two B prospects (assuming the Ducks pick is a late one) for a young 1st line center and the leagues top enforcer. The only good that would come from this deal is the end to all these Comrie trade proposal threads. Well, from an Oiler POV atleast. I'm sure the Ducks would be giggling in joy that they didn't have to give up any real quality.
I agree 100%, the Ducks improve today and all they give up is one player off the roster who has never played a full season in the NHL.

If you are the Oilers why would you trade two NHL player's and only receive an injuryprone small center and maybe some help 2-3 years down the end?

woody is offline  
Old
12-09-2003, 03:15 PM
  #71
Yanner39
Registered User
 
Yanner39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Ottawa ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,334
vCash: 500
Bad deal anyway you slice it. I mean, I could see Perry and MacDonald for Comrie, but to throw in BG who supposedly is sought after big time. Nah, If Lowe does this he's a moron. I'm tired of building for the future. The current team has too many holes.

Yanner39 is offline  
Old
12-09-2003, 03:17 PM
  #72
Yanner39
Registered User
 
Yanner39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Ottawa ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,334
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone
Dammit... you stole my idea... my daughter was getting a tonne of Oiler stuff for christmas, and it was going to be my avatar...

Oh well, I guess I will just keep her showing her displeasure of the leafs
<-------------------------------------
Excellent! I have one coming next June. I'm starting to gather tiny Oiler gear.

Yanner39 is offline  
Old
12-09-2003, 03:17 PM
  #73
Rooks Oilers
Registered User
 
Rooks Oilers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Hamilton, Ont
Country: Canada
Posts: 667
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone
Dammit... you stole my idea... my daughter was getting a tonne of Oiler stuff for christmas, and it was going to be my avatar...

Oh well, I guess I will just keep her showing her displeasure of the leafs
<-------------------------------------
Sorry Dawgbone! I hope this does'nt stop you from doing the same!

Rooks Oilers is offline  
Old
12-09-2003, 03:18 PM
  #74
Digger12
Gold Fever
 
Digger12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Back o' beyond
Posts: 15,559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kAsT
I'm not saying the value is sickeningly off, but Lowe did say he wouldn't settle for anything but some top end players and none of the proposed are that IMO.

I could live with this deal, just as I could live with sitting Comrie for the whole season. I would just be disapointed Lowe didn't get any top line talent in a Comrie deal. Even if we had to package for it.
I know what you mean, but for me - I'm getting to the point where I'm just getting worn out with all of it. My head says let Comrie sit at home and learn knitting until a deal is made that's an impact maker, but my heart says GET LITTLE LORD FAUNTERLOY OUT OF HERE!!!

Digger12 is offline  
Old
12-09-2003, 03:23 PM
  #75
Ryno
BEHOLD!!
 
Ryno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: G.P
Country: Canada
Posts: 532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. van Nostrin
Excellent! I have one coming next June. I'm starting to gather tiny Oiler gear.
Congrats Doc, mine's coming in March...Less time to gather up the gear, but hopefully we'll be in the playoffs and he/she'll get the first taste of Oiler hockey live at Rexall!

Ryno is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:30 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.