HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Scotty Upshall

Old
02-20-2007, 11:00 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyDelNOmore View Post
I just wanted to know what everyone thought about this, since we are discussing Upshall. I do wish him the best with the Flyers and hope that he can put his injury issues behind him.

I remember watching the draft of 2002 in which Scottie Upshall went 6th overall to Nashville. I was actually sitting there hoping we would have take Joffrey Lupul. What do you guys think? Do you think we would have been better off taking Lupul? It also should be noted that Pierre-Marc Bouchard went 8th overall to the Wild right after Lupul was taken 7th overall by Anaheim. Also Alexander Semin was taken 13th overall by the Capitals that same year. Now I know the draft is a crap shoot and it's all based on potential, but looking back now, the main thing is, would you have rather had Lupul or Upshall? Just wondering...
We got an extra pick from Anaheim NOT to pick Lupul, a second rounder IIRC.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 11:02 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I thought that was the second rounder we used to draft Weber in 2003

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 11:04 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
I thought that was the second rounder we used to draft Weber in 2003
Possibly, I'm not sure if the 2nd was in 02 or 03.

I remember when we drafted Weber, on the other board someone asked if it was Pete Weber's son...seriously.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 11:10 PM
CandyDelNOmore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
We got an extra pick from Anaheim NOT to pick Lupul, a second rounder If I recall correctly.
Oh ok didn't know that. That does sound very interesting that Anaheim would do that, but I've saw it done in drafts before. Thanks for the info, but would guys rather have Lupul or Upshall, in your opinion?

CandyDelNOmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 11:15 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Anaheim had a 2nd pick in 02's draft but not in 03's. I'm guessing it was 03's draft which would have made it the Weber pick.

so the answer is I'd rather have Upshall and Weber than Lupul.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 11:21 PM
Uppie101

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdsSabresRule View Post
This whole Upshall thing with Philly fans is so humorous to me...We in Pred/Ads land have known this 'little guy' for the last four years...now he goes away to another town, and they have no idea of this kid's history, whatever...I hope he does well for himself, and heck, no one here ever said he was not a good player, maybe a third/second line guy...but, believe me, the odds of him going south are much greater than him going to the All - Star game one day!
And - the whole Forsberg and Upshall in the same conversation is just ridiculous. The only issue I have with Foppa is his foot, and the never - ending quest to get him healthy, long - term. But, I think the deal was for THIS year, and THIS upcoming playoffs...Truth be told I was more upset that you got rid of Parent. I was on the track that Klein was the expendable prospect. In the local paper Claude has called out Klein for being 'too unselfish', and praised him the other night for ripping one past the Rampage netminder for the game - winner. I.E. Kevin needs to bring out the offense in him - now!
Must have pissed in your cornflakes... Gotta be

Uppie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 11:26 PM
CandyDelNOmore

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Anaheim had a 2nd pick in 02's draft but not in 03's. I'm guessing it was 03's draft which would have made it the Weber pick.

so the answer is I'd rather have Upshall and Weber than Lupul.
When you put it that way and include the second for NOT drafting Lupul then yes, I would certainly rather have Upshall AND Weber than Lupul. That's a no brainer. I was asking based on just Lupul and Upshall, which one would have been a better fit for the Preds? Or which one do you feel is personally the better player or has the bigger potential?

CandyDelNOmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 12:08 AM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
Possibly, I'm not sure if the 2nd was in 02 or 03.

I remember when we drafted Weber, on the other board someone asked if it was Pete Weber's son...seriously.
This guy?

Basher is offline   Reply With Quote