HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Will Ville Koistinen be traded?

Old
02-21-2007, 01:31 PM
HFNHL Red Wings

vCash: 500
Will Ville Koistinen be traded?

Curious to know whether there are any rumours or speculation in the Nashville area on Ville Koistinen being traded.

It strikes me that, based on what little I know of his style of play, he has little or know chance of ever playing for the Preds with Timmonen, Zidlicky, et. al. already there. Would he not be a good piece to move to shore up other areas?

HFNHL Red Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 03:08 PM
AdsSabresRule

Koistinen

Ville has played well here in Milwaukee, but I can't see why the Preds would unload him. The kids fairly young yet, he made the AHL All - Star team, and I just don't think they'd get for him now what they might envision getting for him in the future. He's cheap and is good for their development program here, IMO. Look at him next season, maybe after, then his stock might rise and then they might unload him. I think you also need to look at the other D - prospects in the Pred system, and perhaps the upcoming draft, to get a bead on Ville's real trade value...
But then again, they might trade him.

AdsSabresRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 04:26 PM
HFNHL Red Wings

Thanks for the reponse.

I do understandthat Koistinen is playing well in Milwauke. The concern I have is that he could play well in Milwauke for 3 years and still never get a callup b/c Nashville has such great defencemen and some that play the same style of game.

Do you think he will stay in Milwauke making minor league money if there's no real hope playing with Nashville? He could go back to Finland where he can play in the FNL for more significant dollars and that's why I have to wonder if the Preds should trade him for something that will fill areas that are not as deep as the defence (win-win for both parties).

HFNHL Red Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 05:01 PM
AdsSabresRule

That all depends on Ville, and how badly he looks at $ vs. playing in the NHL. That category is split a lot of the time. I have seen guys languish in the AHL for a few seasons - i.e. Simon Gamache, and go over to Europe when it is clear they are not going to get a real look. I think Ville plays 'bigger' than he is, and has some grit out there. He plays with Brookbank, and they both went to the AHL all - star game. I don't know the depth of Nashville's D - prospects, but I gotta figure that if the Preds get a clear idea that Ville is really wanting an NHL shot, and is going to stick here for a season or two, they'll keep him. I think that part of that is actually working a trade out for him in good faith eventually if they know he is not a fit for their future. I am only going by my past experience with the whole GM/player/agent realtionship insofar as someone wanting a shot - with anyone. But, in my gut I am looking at Nashville's top six at D now, and I am thinking one, maybe two will be sold between this summer and mid - next season. Then, their D - prospects, including Ville, get the call...IMHO.

Last edited by AdsSabresRule: 02-21-2007 at 05:03 PM. Reason: trade, not trae...
Old
02-22-2007, 12:48 AM
The Fuhr*

The Fuhr* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2007, 01:18 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
IIRC, he only signed a one-year contract this past summer...didn't he? Is he a UFA this summer?

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2007, 10:51 AM
AdsSabresRule

Ville's contract...

I don't know what the status is. I really wanted to do the 'what if game, as in if he was to be in our system, and if he didn't get a shot, then how the Preds/he might go about assessing his value, letting him go. If he is a UFA, then obviously its all up to Ville. FWIW.

Old
02-22-2007, 10:58 AM
AdsSabresRule

I tried looking up some info, but the PHPLA I don't think publishes salary/contract info. I don't know if Ville has a one - year AHL contract (?) I am pretty sure he does not have the 'AHL-UHL' thing, nor an 'AHL-NHL' thing. But, as usual, I could be wrong...will keep looking.

Old
02-22-2007, 02:03 PM
ffwrx
Don't Blink!

He is an RFA at the end of this year. Per THN

http://www.forecaster.ca/hockeynews/...i?sal-west#Nas

ffwrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2007, 03:59 PM
AdsSabresRule