HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Line-mates for Forsberg?

Old
02-18-2007, 11:00 PM
Uppie101

vCash: 500
You explain why Rads don't get the ice time. He played well enough to get the minutes. If Rads was on another team other then Nashville he would be getting a lot more playing time. Not going to happen in Nashville, not this year....

Uppie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 05:03 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uppie101 View Post
You explain why Rads don't get the ice time. He played well enough to get the minutes. If Rads was on another team other then Nashville he would be getting a lot more playing time. Not going to happen in Nashville, not this year....
1. Because the lines have been static for the most part. He had about a 2 week period where he was scoring goals, but all-around wasn't playing well enough to bump Erat or Dumont off the lines they had played with all year and disrupt any chemistry that was going.

2. Because SINCE that 2-week period, he's done absolutely nothing, and in fact, is typically a liability more than an asset. He's gotten PP time, especially when he was scoring goals, but he's far too soft on the puck to justify keeping it or getting more.

I'm all for trying Forsberg between Hartnell and Radulov because it will provide a scenario in which Rads doesn't HAVE to handle the puck. All he has to do is get into a position to score, and get open. He's simply not capable of creating his own offense the way he did in juniors, at least not yet. To blame that on Trotz is silly.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 07:05 AM
Uppie101

I think that Trotzy should let Rads play more and he will put up the points. Rads did not put up the points in the QMJHL by sitting on the bench. Arguably the kid is the best prospect that the Preds has ever had and he is not going to develop on the bench. Under a different coach he would probably get the chance. Forsberg has the tallent to help Rads be a much better player. Don't make a lot of sense to split up Legwand-Erat-Karia.

Uppie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 09:25 AM
OpenWheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uppie101 View Post
I think that Trotzy should let Rads play more and he will put up the points. Rads did not put up the points in the QMJHL by sitting on the bench. Arguably the kid is the best prospect that the Preds has ever had and he is not going to develop on the bench. Under a different coach he would probably get the chance. Forsberg has the tallent to help Rads be a much better player. Don't make a lot of sense to split up Legwand-Erat-Karia.
I've read some reviews by analysts online about Radu as a prospect. They didn't seem nearly as sold on him as you are. They questioned his speed and some of his skills but did admit he has always put up great scoring numbers anyway. I think their point was it's wait and see at the highest level.

To say he's the best Pred prospect ever. Hmmm, that seems too strong to me, but maybe. He did stay up with the big club sooner then I thought he would.

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 01:05 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenWheel View Post
To say he's the best Pred prospect ever. Hmmm, that seems too strong to me, but maybe. He did stay up with the big club sooner then I thought he would.
David Poile said he was the most skilled prospect we've had in the system, fwiw.

And do say Trotz won't play kids is silly. Look at Legwand, Hartnell, Erat, Suter, Weber, Hammer, etc.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 02:28 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
David Poile said he was the most skilled prospect we've had in the system, fwiw.

And do say Trotz won't play kids is silly. Look at Legwand, Hartnell, Erat, Suter, Weber, Hammer, etc.
I know that and you know that, but this all goes back to Upshall, for her. Everytime Upshall got called out in the media, we got to hear about it and how unfair\uncalled for it was.

Old
02-19-2007, 03:32 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

I will say this...

Hopefully if for the second straight game the chemistry seems lacking between Forsberg and Kariya\Erat, they at least experiment with trying him with Sully and Dumont or Harts and Rads.

I worry that Trotz is going to try too hard to force this issue.

Old
02-19-2007, 03:53 PM
hdw

Out on a limb

I'll make a bold statement.

I'll wager that when the 'post trade' figures are collated at the end of the regular season. Forsberg will have more points with Preds than Upshall with Flyers.

If I lose I'm open to treat anyone to an evening of free beer.
Delivered in southern Stockholm, travel expenses not paid (but a bed or three are available)

hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 05:50 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
I will say this...

Hopefully if for the second straight game the chemistry seems lacking between Forsberg and Kariya\Erat, they at least experiment with trying him with Sully and Dumont or Harts and Rads.

I worry that Trotz is going to try too hard to force this issue.
If the Kariya - Forsberg - Erat line doesn't work AND Forsberg really wants to play with Kariya, the Preds need to push someone like Hartnell up to that line. I don't want to say we run the real risk of pissing away a lot of Forsberg's ability to hit a guy in the danger areas, but I guess I just did.

SmokeyClause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 01:34 AM
Crazyhorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause View Post
If the Kariya - Forsberg - Erat line doesn't work AND Forsberg really wants to play with Kariya, the Preds need to push someone like Hartnell up to that line. I don't want to say we run the real risk of pissing away a lot of Forsberg's ability to hit a guy in the danger areas, but I guess I just did.
If he doesn't fit with Kariya, im sure they won't force it. It was the same thing in the national team. He wanted to play with Näslund and Zetteberg, but ended up with Sundin and Modin.

Crazyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 05:30 AM
Vajakki

What would you give for Näslund? He has one year left on his contract, worth 6 million. It's 100% sure he would waive his NTC if there's chance to play with Foppa, and in a team that's the biggest favourite to win the Cup. And because he has one year left in his contract, the chances of signing Foppa in the summer would increase.

Kariya and Hamhuis for Näslund and Salo?

Vajakki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 07:54 AM
larsmark

I would not want Näslund in my team. He isn't a playoff performer and doesn't seem to enjoy hockey that much anymore. . I don't belive he's worth that money anymore, but he might get motivated again I guess if he switched team.

Another thing with Näslund this year is though that he is taking a lot more responsibility defensivly. And as we remember with Yzerman that hurts the offence quite a lot.

larsmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 09:01 AM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Whitley View Post
What would you give for Näslund? He has one year left on his contract, worth 6 million. It's 100% sure he would waive his NTC if there's chance to play with Foppa, and in a team that's the biggest favourite to win the Cup. And because he has one year left in his contract, the chances of signing Foppa in the summer would increase.

Kariya and Hamhuis for Näslund and Salo?
Why would Nashville do this deal??

Kariya was one of the reasons Forsberg chose us. Plus we don't need a huge roster shakeup like the one above. Not to mention Naslund's salary..

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 07:07 PM
hdw

Line name

Gah, I missed the horrible pun in the tennessean first time I read the article.

The 'music city' name of the new first line.
"Peter, Paul & Marty"
Maybe you have to be a bit old to find it funny ...

hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 08:48 PM
teddygmr

Naslund is still an incredible player who is in a bad situation in Vancouver. If there was some way to acquire him and get him on a line with Forsberg, it would be a major advantage for Preds.

teddygmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 12:13 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddygmr View Post
Naslund is still an incredible player who is in a bad situation in Vancouver. If there was some way to acquire him and get him on a line with Forsberg, it would be a major advantage for Preds.
At what cost, though? Yeah, if he could be had for pennies, why not? But his play this year simply doesn't warrant giving up so much. We've already taken a huge risk in landing Forsberg. But we didn't have to give up any roster players. We wouldn't have acquired Forsberg if the package was Kariya and Hamhuis. So why would we go that route now?

SmokeyClause is offline   Reply With Quote