HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

This current team

Old
02-16-2007, 12:33 PM
yada
move 2 dallas 4 work

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to yada
the rangers have really been playing well lately and its been more than just 4 games. even some of the games the rangers lost they werent playing too bad and they were generating chances but not scoring think about the game against the leafs were raycroft was stellar. lundqvist has really been on top of his game (except against detroit) and the team has been playing very good team defense

yada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 12:37 PM
WheresBarnaby

Definetly and strangly enough, this current streak seems to have to have started with the arrival of Avery. Who knew. Will it last, or is this just another peak before the valley?

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 04:45 PM
HVPOLARBEARS19

Send a message via AIM to HVPOLARBEARS19 Send a message via MSN to HVPOLARBEARS19
I think before we all go crazy and start getting too excited we need to see this for another two weeks. We've all seen the team have hot spurts...how many times have we won 5 straight to lose 6 straight? Or win 3 straight and then lose 3 straight. I need to see more than a 3 game stretch before getting my hopes up too high.
That being said, I love how we're playing, let's just hope it lasts and isn't just a quick blip on the radar of a failed season. Keep it going boys.

HVPOLARBEARS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 05:08 PM
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by yadadaimhollaing View Post
the rangers have really been playing well lately and its been more than just 4 games. even some of the games the rangers lost they werent playing too bad and they were generating chances but not scoring think about the game against the leafs were raycroft was stellar. lundqvist has really been on top of his game (except against detroit) and the team has been playing very good team defense
It's easier to say they've been playing well for a long time when the team's winning...why is that? Well because they're winning, which is ultimately the only measurement that the leagues uses for success.

The past three games, have helped make the fourth game (the SO loss to the Devils) look positive. For instance, you can say that the Rangers have not lost in regulation in the past four games (a positive statement)...at the same time after the Devils game, you could say the Rangers are winless in the last 4 (a negative statement).

When the team is winning, there is a lot more optimism (even if it's only a couple of games)...when they're losing there's a lot more pessimism.

When they're winning, players' faults and shortcomings can be overlooked...coaching decisions, referee's calls and line-combos are much more acceptable. When they're losing...well just take a look at the forums whenever there's a losing streak.

The Rangers have won three games...not even a season high yet...and they're not even in the top 8 in the East. They've played well in those games, but I think you have to temper that with what has gone before...both this season, and before.

With every win, I get closer to believing again that they can make a 6-8 spot, but I'm not ready to accept that as a foregone conclusion by any stretch.

Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 08:55 PM
True Blue

Jas, I don't think that having Cullen play the point on the PP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
I won't disagree that there are moves Renney could have made. But, it's easy to say that, just because things are working now, they would have worked a month ago. And, in my mind, that's 20/20 hindsight
is hindsight 20/20. We have been screaming about it from day 1. THAT is where he got the majority of the goals and points that allowed for him to get such a contract. To keep sending an ineffective Rozsival and Straka out there just so that they can overpass to a double-covered Jagr for 4 months was folly.
Also, moving Cullen to a place where he is better suited for success (the 3rd line) and ditto with Betts (the 4th line) is hardly a 20/20 example either. That is something else that has been screamed for for quite a while.

Renney is very poor at making adjustments and is loyal to a degree that is unhealthy. He FINALLY made the moves of putting his players into a position where they can best succeed, but it is LONG overdue.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 11:09 PM
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
is hindsight 20/20. We have been screaming about it from day 1. THAT is where he got the majority of the goals and points that allowed for him to get such a contract. To keep sending an ineffective Rozsival and Straka out there just so that they can overpass to a double-covered Jagr for 4 months was folly.
Also, moving Cullen to a place where he is better suited for success (the 3rd line) and ditto with Betts (the 4th line) is hardly a 20/20 example either. That is something else that has been screamed for for quite a while.

Renney is very poor at making adjustments and is loyal to a degree that is unhealthy. He FINALLY made the moves of putting his players into a position where they can best succeed, but it is LONG overdue.
I happen to agree with you TB...I know that's unusual, but these were things that Renney should've picked up on earlier. He's using the Avery move as an excuse, but the reality is that he could've moved Nylander down to the second line weeks ago, and reconfigured the PP units too.

Avery has been a plus no doubt, but there were things Renney could've done, and I agree he's far too patient...as is Sather.

Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 10:41 AM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

This team is in such a good position now, that dealing at the deadline really isnt all that imperative. There is not much pressure to get that player to put us over the hump.

However, if there is a young, talented, warrior defenseman out there falling by the wayside, I'd hope we snatch him up and further round out the team.