HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Nashville ready for Forsberg? **Video**

Old
02-15-2007, 07:56 PM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 50
Nashville ready for Forsberg? **Video**

Just to give u a taste of what Forsberg brings to the preds. Enjoy

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6n3Xa23AUjs

The Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 08:41 AM
jstreet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice berg slim View Post
Just to give u a taste of what Forsberg brings to the preds. Enjoy

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6n3Xa23AUjs
Awesome! I hope to see more of him in the Preds sweater on a highlight reel in the near future!

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 10:17 AM
Darth Vitale
Dark Mod Powers

vCash: 500
The bigger question is, is Nashville ready to potentially lose its hockey team if they don't win the cup? I don't know much about the rumors of your team being moved, but I hear the attendance is less than stellar. Not surprising - hockey doesn't belong in the deep south IMHO... Florida has long-standing attendance problems, as does Atlanta and even Carolina (!). TB is about the only team that seems to sell out on a regular basis down there, and that might not even be true anymore. Even Washington (which is culturally a southern city to some extent), has attendance problems.

Anyway, I hope it works out for you guys, but your GM just mortgaged your future for a guy who is very talented but continually getting hurt the older he gets. And he's going to end up back in Philly most likely next year, like Recchi going back to the Pens after Carolina rented him for the playoffs last year.

Two of your best young players and a 1st and 2nd round pick? Man. I would be pissed if I were a Preds fan. This was a ream-job of the first order. If you guys don't win the Cup, your GM just set your team back about 3 years, development wise. Kariya is good but he can't carry a team and isn't getting any younger.

Darth Vitale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 10:23 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
The bigger question is, is Nashville ready to potentially lose its hockey team if they don't win the cup? I don't know much about the rumors of your team being moved, but I hear the attendance is less than stellar. Not surprising - hockey doesn't belong in the deep south IMHO... Florida has long-standing attendance problems, as does Atlanta and even Carolina (!). TB is about the only team that seems to sell out on a regular basis down there, and that might not even be true anymore. Even Washington (which is culturally a southern city to some extent), has attendance problems.

Anyway, I hope it works out for you guys, but your GM just mortgaged your future for a guy who is very talented but continually getting hurt the older he gets. And he's going to end up back in Philly most likely next year, like Recchi going back to the Pens after Carolina rented him for the playoffs last year.

Two of your best young players and a 1st and 2nd round pick? Man. I would be pissed if I were a Preds fan. This was a ream-job of the first order. If you guys don't win the Cup, your GM just set your team back about 3 years, development wise. Kariya is good but he can't carry a team and isn't getting any younger.
no offense, but every single thing you just said is almost completely wrong.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 10:24 AM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

Quote:

Nashville becomes cup favorites, and all you can do is troll about their attendance and prospects? Thats like those Rangers fans the troll on the NJ board taking shots at our attendance even though they haven't won a playoff game in 10 years.

Pred fans, don't worry about it. When your hoisting the cup in June, this guy is gonna look like the jackass he is.

AfroThunder396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 10:30 AM
Crazyhorse

Quote:

I think it's pretty funny when people choose to look the other way at Parents discs problem, but Forsberg and the word injury can't go separate ways.

To anyone saying that the preds traded their future:

Crazyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 10:30 AM
Stranger

Quote:

Quite possibly the worst post I've read on these boards.

I would think that a fan of a team who's recently had to deal with relocation rumors wouldn't be coming in and slagging off other teams. The Predators are not in a position to move nor have their been any indiciations of moving. Is our attendance not as good as it should be, of course it isn't. It takes time to build solid hockey markets in nontraditional ones.

But you don't really care do you? Frankly we don't care what you think in terms of us "deserving" a team. Guess what, there are teams in southern markets and there will be for a long time. DEAL WITH IT.

I find your comments about our losing our two best young players laughable. Parent is a stud prospect but we've done so well in the draft that we can afford to make a trade. Shocking, I know. Upshall was not one of our best young players, sorry.

Guess what at the end of the day, we still have Legwand, Erat, Weber, Suter, Hamhuis, Radulov, etc. Not to mention a well stocked prospect roster.

We're not worried about if Forsberg will sign back with us. We're ready to see what we do in the playoffs. Funny you mention injuries, because not only have we done well this season without Forsberg, but we haven't given up a roster player so if he was to go down, we can handle it.

Our GM just gave us the best tools to make a deep playoff run without losing a roster player. And we have the prospect depth to handle losing Parent and Upshall.

Go crawl back into the Igloo. Pittsburgh fans should be pissed that you try to make them look bad, but we have common sense and realize that there are a few bad eggs.

Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 11:04 AM
DocMcKay

Quote:
The bigger question is, is Nashville ready to potentially lose its hockey team if they don't win the cup? I don't know much about the rumors of your team being moved, .
This coming from a Penguins fan!

You were right about one thing though. You don't know much about the rumors of our team in fact you don't know much about our team period.

DocMcKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 11:07 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

I don't know where the idea that if we dont' meet some attendance threshhold\get revenue sharing, the team has decided to move came from(oh, wait, i do...strachan\the tennessean) and now it's been taken a fun step further...if we don't WIN THE CUP we're moving.

I love ignorance!

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 02:04 PM
Arastiroth

Don't feed the trolls.

Arastiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 02:06 PM
Dave is a killer
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanguay40 View Post
Don't feed the trolls.
Now I really hope Rendell tells Mario to go fly a kite

Dave is a killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 04:37 PM
The Kingslayer

Are the pred fans fed up yet? Foppa's name creates this kind of hatred. The avs had to deal with it and Flyer fans had to deal with it. It sickens me. People saying u guys gave up 3 1st rounders Thats like an avs fan saying we traded a 1st rounder(Skoula) for Kurt Sauer as if Skoula's draft position makes him superior to anyone else. Ignorant

The Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 04:49 PM
larsmark

Here is another great video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EeONVy7ZwU

larsmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 05:38 PM
SERE 24
LGR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice berg slim View Post
Are the pred fans fed up yet? Foppa's name creates this kind of hatred. The avs had to deal with it and Flyer fans had to deal with it. It sickens me. People saying u guys gave up 3 1st rounders Thats like an avs fan saying we traded a 1st rounder(Skoula) for Kurt Sauer as if Skoula's draft position makes him superior to anyone else. Ignorant
Foppa's name creates such hatred because the entire rest of the NHL is jealous of him/the team he plays for. He was one of the most dominant players to ever touch NHL ice and he remains a force, even if his superhuman play has diminished some over the years.

The guy posted 116 points as a sophomore in the midst of the clutch and grab days. He broke 100 points again later on, won the hart, was nominated for the selke, won 2 cups, 2 olympic golds, the calder... all while being one of the most intense and physically abused players in the world. If he had played the majority of his career in a wide open era like that of the 80's or the present, he'd have been even more unreal than he was. Everyone who says otherwise, doubts him now, and feels the need to insult the teams he plays for is just jealous and afraid (that he will dominate their team when the two meet someday down the road).

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 05:40 PM
NHL33*

For all his injury problems he's only missed a few games due to the spleen. I'm an Avs fan (and likely future Nashville bandwagoner--just for this year ) so I hope the best to Nashville. I'm not a Predators fan, of course, nor would I pretend to be, but they're definitely the team I'm cheering for outside of Colorado albeit only for this season barring an unlikely re-signing by Nashville. Go Forsberg! (b'-')b

NHL33* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 05:43 PM
SERE 24
LGR

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL33 View Post
For all his injury problems he's only missed a few games due to the spleen. I'm an Avs fan (and likely future Nashville bandwagoner--just for this year ) so I hope the best to Nashville. I'm not a Predators fan, of course, nor would I pretend to be, but they're definitely the team I'm cheering for outside of Colorado albeit only for this season barring an unlikely re-signing by Nashville. Go Forsberg! (b'-')b
Not counting the year he lost his spleen, he's only missed two playoff games in his career. A true warrior, with unreal playoff numbers.

Old
02-16-2007, 05:44 PM
NHL33*

Yeah... I meant in the playoffs. But, whatever! Anyone with intelligence can figure it out! >_>

Foppa!

Edit: Yeah, yeah, that's what they all say.

Last edited by NHL33*: 02-16-2007 at 05:51 PM.
NHL33* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 05:49 PM
SERE 24
LGR

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL33 View Post
Yeah... I meant in the playoffs. But, whatever! Anyone with intelligence can figure it out! >_>

Foppa!
I knew what you meant - I was just adding a bit.

Old
02-16-2007, 05:51 PM
Keetz

Flippy your projecting.

Keetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 06:02 PM
CioCio

Quote:

You're smart. *cough*

CioCio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 06:02 PM
larsmark

Here is one of the things that make him unique in the NHL today. There is nobody in the league with the physical play he has got combined with the great play making.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KP6xijOdiJk

Two other treats
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgCNZ3hh_VM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPgxcCIvfXk

larsmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 07:52 PM
MayDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach_9 View Post
Everyone who says otherwise, doubts him now, and feels the need to insult the teams he plays for is just jealous and afraid (that he will dominate their team when the two meet someday down the road).
Yeah, like last season's playoffs. Where Forsberg dominated his way to first-round playoff exit, and was pretty much shutdown by Buffalo in a series of lopsided games.

I wasn't afraid or jealous of Philly either way. They're a lousy team without him, and they were a lousy team with him too. One player doesn't change a whole team or win playoff series by himself (except for maybe goaltenders).

MayDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 09:19 PM
SERE 24
LGR

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayDay View Post
Yeah, like last season's playoffs. Where Forsberg dominated his way to first-round playoff exit, and was pretty much shutdown by Buffalo in a series of lopsided games.

I wasn't afraid or jealous of Philly either way. They're a lousy team without him, and they were a lousy team with him too. One player doesn't change a whole team or win playoff series by himself (except for maybe goaltenders).
Yeah, like the games Forsberg single-handedly won? Which ones were those again? Games 3 and 4? I guess he'd have to win the whole series by himself for you to show some respect; than you could say your entire team was defeated by one man, not once, not twice, but four times in seven or less games. That would have been great, huh?

There's only so much one man can do - he took a not so good Philly team and put them on his shoulders to win those games and it's unfortunate that there wasn't really much other talent there helping him out. Did I mention he was hurt? No? Oh, well he was injured during that series as well. And while we're both showing off our wonderful hockey knowledge, let's do the intelligent thing and judge Forsberg as playoff performer based on one post-season with a team that proved one thing this year; without Forsberg healthy and/or in the lineup, they can't even win enough games to make the playoffs.

Nashville, on the other hand, is already first in the league - ahead of your very precious Sabres - and now they've added a player capable of lifting a team that isn't even playoff worthy right now and dragging them into the playoffs and to a couple of one man victories.

Enjoy - http://youtube.com/watch?v=tMXIbvyVlRU - one man making an entire team look stupid.

Old
02-16-2007, 09:33 PM
hillbilly

Send a message via AIM to hillbilly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe T Choker View Post
Now I really hope Rendell tells Mario to go fly a kite
you suck. just watched the preds game in pittsburgh last week, and it was amazing. great hockey city that deserves to keep their team

hillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 09:43 PM
Dave is a killer
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly View Post
you suck. just watched the preds game in pittsburgh last week, and it was amazing. great hockey city that deserves to keep their team
that was more a response to zippy specifically

Dave is a killer is offline   Reply With Quote