HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Introduction

Old
02-15-2007, 07:31 PM
SERE 24
LGR

vCash: 500
Introduction

Hi. I'd like to introduce myself. I'm your teams new biggest fan. Now... hold on for just a minute before you call me a bandwagoner - I'm not. I'm a die-hard Forsberg fan. The first year I was old enough to truly appreciate some of the more technical aspects of hockey (division trophies, home ice advantage, end of the year awards, etc.) was Forsberg's rookie year. I have followed him since. Every year Colorado was my favorite... and thus Dallas and Detroit were hated and despised. He moved to Philly and all of a sudden I was a tremendous fan of a team I'd never cared for. The Rangers, Devils and Penguins all stunk. Now he's in Nashville, and I'm obligated to follow him. Don't get me wrong - my Forsberg appreciation is second only to my appreciation of the game as a whole, so I follow all of the comings and goings of the league with great interest and I have played hockey myself for 14 years. Either way... I like a lot of your young players and prospects, but I don't know very much about your team! So... as a new fan (trust me... if Forsberg is on your roster, I will be rooting for him just as hard as you'll be rooting for Nashville, even if you've been a Preds fan forever) what should I know about the Preds? I understand you've had attendance problems, but I also have heard your city really accepted and got into hockey, but I really don't know much else, so educate me. I'll be here everyday for as long as Forsberg is.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 07:41 PM
Nashville108*

well we built through the draft and smart free agent signings, yes we have attendance problems but every saturday game for the rest of the year is sold out now.

Nashville108* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 07:52 PM
SERE 24
LGR

Well that's good to hear. I did know your drafting has been very good, and I'm familiar with most of your roster, but not particularly up and up on how everyone has been performing. I know Radulov is valued and I've always liked Dumont, Legwand and Erat, as well as Zidlicky and Timmo. This season I've been loving Weber, and I know Hamuis is a great d-man as well. Picking up Vishnevski was a good move as well in my mind. I know your team is looking really good right now on paper, and that you've been good all season.

I'm more up and up on Forsberg, obviously, and I can tell you, as a tremendous fan of the guy who has been watching him every night, he looks great since the all-star break and the new insert. I honestly think, especially with the talent you have in your organization, that he can dominate, especially for a playoff run and I don't think he's nearly the gamble everyone believes him to be, because his health was never as questionable as his foot problems, which appear to be solved. Good acquisition. I'd been eyeing Nashville from afar all year, but with my favorite player in tow, I'm happy to say I'm on board now :thumbs up:

Old
02-15-2007, 07:52 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

You hated Detroit? Perfect, you'll fit right in, here...just add Calgary to the list and you're one of our own

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 07:55 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Welcome to the bandwagon. It's gonna get a lot fuller now with Foppa.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 07:55 PM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
You hated Detroit? Perfect, you'll fit right in, here...just add Calgary to the list and you're one of our own
Im an avs fan but im a bigger Forsberg fan so naturally I hate Detroit and every other team in the division.

The Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 08:03 PM
SERE 24
LGR

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
Welcome to the bandwagon. It's gonna get a lot fuller now with Foppa.
Hey, I'm not a bandwagon fan - I admit I'll leave if Forsberg does (well... I tend to retain some love for the teams he's been on... they just aren't my favorite anymore - I go where he is). Ice Berg, I'm in the same boat as you, except I've only been a casual Avalanche fan since Foppa left.

Old
02-16-2007, 01:57 AM
CandyDelNOmore

Hey guys, I know I don't post much on here, just like reading everyone's opinions. I just wanted to state that I am a Preds fan and have been since Nashville was awarded the franchise. It still hasn't sunk in to me we have Foppa now, and it won't for some time. I still remember the years of just hoping for the first playoff berth and cursing the ground Candy Delmore walked on, and now this, flip flopping for best record in the league with Buffalo and getting one of the greastes players in the world, and being considered legitimate Cup contenders, WOW!!! That February 24th game against the Wings at the GEC is going to be the greatest Christmas present I ever got from anyone!! Plus my first time sitting on the glass, EVER!! So I just wanted to say hi, announce I have been sitting on this said wagon since the beginning, and can anyone hear Candy crying in Syracuse? I sure can....GO PREDS GO BABY!!!

CandyDelNOmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 08:49 AM
jstreet

vCash: 50
come one, come all!

keep the Preds mojo going!

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 11:39 AM
yarre

Not jumping on any bandwagons here but I am certainly going to follow Nashville and hope that Forsberg proves everyone that he is still one of the best playmaking centers in the world and come playoff time, I hope he gets you to the finals atleast. Predators will get alot of attention back in Sweden now.

yarre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 11:40 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarre View Post
Not jumping on any bandwagons here but I am certainly going to follow Nashville and hope that Forsberg proves everyone that he is still one of the best playmaking centers in the world and come playoff time, I hope he gets you to the finals atleast. Predators will get alot of attention back in Sweden now.
Hopefully that continues with Patric "Zetterberg" Hornqvist in the wings

Old
02-16-2007, 11:48 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Heh....We can only hope.

02-16-2007, 11:51 AM
yarre

Quote:
He is yours? Oh man, didn't know that. I like his game, very good goalscorer, not very swedish in his movement. Don't like the team he plays for though...

Old
02-16-2007, 11:57 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarre View Post
He is yours? Oh man, didn't know that. I like his game, very good goalscorer, not very swedish in his movement. Don't like the team he plays for though...

Yeah, our seventh round pick in 05.

Old
02-16-2007, 12:14 PM
yarre

Quote:
Yeah, our seventh round pick in 05.
Wow, good steal if he continues to develope like he has done this season. Can't say I have never heard of him before this season so impressive to grab him in 2005. He has had quite the season as I think you are all aware of, 20 goals (43 games) on a team fighting for survival and averging about 15 minutes ice-time per game.

Old
02-16-2007, 06:35 PM
thedjpd

Hey all, just another Forsberg fan here. Wanted to say hi and that besides my two teams (Thrashers and Flyers) I'll be rooting for the Preds in the west.

Good luck, even if I'm still a little sad to see him go.

thedjpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 07:11 PM
NHL33*

I'm not the Predators' biggest fan. I'm not even a fan of them.

But I'll be cheering for them to win it all since Forsberg is on the team...since the Avs are unlikely to win it all or even get in (still rooting like hell for them though). So, in short: Go Forsberg!

Sounds like a good year for Nashville to win the Cup, wouldn't you say?

NHL33* is offline   Reply With Quote