HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Islanders do something!

Closed Thread

Old
12-09-2003, 10:09 AM
Isles4cups

vCash: 500
Islanders do something!

[COLOR=indigo][B] Trade Parrish,Kvasha and either Hamrluk or Peca for some scoring.
Two good wingers would do Yashin just right.
Like Satan,Comrie or Even Bonk to center line 2.

Blake,Bates 3rd or 4th liners on any other team.Enough with them on 1 and 2. YAshin needs somone to bury the puck!!!!

Old
12-09-2003, 11:04 AM
Hockey Mojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles4cups
[COLOR=indigo][B] Trade Parrish,Kvasha and either Hamrluk or Peca for some scoring.
Two good wingers would do Yashin just right.
Like Satan,Comrie or Even Bonk to center line 2.

Blake,Bates 3rd or 4th liners on any other team.Enough with them on 1 and 2. YAshin needs somone to bury the puck!!!!

What would the Islanders want in return from the Thrashers for Parrish and Niinimaa? Keep in mind that there's about 5.25 Million Dollars in salary for both players with an up coming new CBA next year.

Old
12-09-2003, 11:16 AM
BrianBurke

I admit being a Canucks fan I don't follow the Islanders all that closely, so could one of you Isles fans please help me out a bit.

Why is Parrish coming up in all these rumours? Last I heard, he was still thought of as a young forward with a nose for the net.
Has he really been that bad this year?

Old
12-09-2003, 11:28 AM
herecomesdabus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianBurke
I admit being a Canucks fan I don't follow the Islanders all that closely, so could one of you Isles fans please help me out a bit.

Why is Parrish coming up in all these rumours? Last I heard, he was still thought of as a young forward with a nose for the net.
Has he really been that bad this year?

He's constantly spitting through his teeth! It's just so annoying and we had enough.

Actually the Isles problem is that they have a logjam of forwards and some of the younger cheaper players are emerging. Isles have a more talented, cheaper Hunter emerging as a goal scorer and he needs a spot on the 2nd or 1st line.

Hunter is rugged, physical and a natural goal scorer. He is not afraid to mix it up a little and he can create his own chances.

Parrish needs someone to set up the goasl for him. Parrish picks up all his goals in front of the net with deflections and rebounds. He rarely if ever stickhandles or carries the puck.

Old
12-09-2003, 11:31 AM
PECAhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Mojo
What would the Islanders want in return from the Thrashers for Parrish and Niinimaa? Keep in mind that there's about 5.25 Million Dollars in salary for both players with an up coming new CBA next year.
Oh, well Kovalchuk doesn't make that much. So since the Isles are looking to DUMP salary why not get a much cheaper player like Kovalchuk. :p

Honestly, there is nothing the Thrashers could give to the Isles for both Parrish and Ninnimaa. Kovalchuck, Heatley, Coburn and Lehtonen are off the table. I also get the impression from your post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Mojo
Keep in mind that there's about 5.25 Million Dollars in salary for both players with an up coming new CBA next year.
That you think the Isles are desperate to get rid of any salary for anything. Well this may or may not be true. But since we do not know for certain and this is a fan site I cannot see any Isle fans jumping with excitement to trade Parrish and Ninnimaa for a couple of fourth liners and low pick.

So basically I'm trying to head this thread off before it becomes a "You ungratefull Islander fans should take our trash and be thankful were taking these contract off your hands" thread. Because even if the Isles are looking to dump contracts what Isle fan is going to respond positively to such a post.

So unless you are willing to give up the likes of Coburn et al. How about a smaller deal of just Parrish. I would be interested in the likes of someone like Exelby, Sutton, Majesky and a very very very big (not-really-sure-at-all, please let me think about it some more) maybe for Hurme.

What kind of deal could be worked out I'm not sure. But it can involve picks to balance it out.

ooops looks like I put this post in the wrong thread. Thats the problem with having multiple windows open. Too much good stuff to read such little time

Allright its obvious I don't know my A$$ from elbow. Take back the ooops it is the right thread

Last edited by PECAhead: 12-09-2003 at 11:39 AM.
Closed Thread