HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: 2/17/07 Power Surge - Lightning VS. Panthers

Old
02-17-2007, 10:38 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

vCash: 500
I don't think I've been this happy to win since opening night. Even though we gave them a point, its great to know we finally won a game in overtime and prevented the Bolts from leading the division. We just have to keep it up and win again on Tuesday. I'm not even going to comment on the Allen/Fedotenko hit. I'd have to review that like 20 times like a hawk to show my most non-biased opinion.

FlaPnthrsPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 10:40 PM
X0X0A0
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPnthrsPunk View Post
I don't think I've been this happy to win since opening night. Even though we gave them a point, its great to know we finally won a game in overtime and prevented the Bolts from leading the division. We just have to keep it up and win again on Tuesday. I'm not even going to comment on the Allen/Fedotenko hit. I'd have to review that like 20 times like a hawk to show my most non-biased opinion.
Actually the point you "gave us" put us in the division lead.

X0X0A0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 10:41 PM
Lola
Future Panthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by The XO Sniper View Post
Good for you guys.

Lola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 10:42 PM
X0X0A0
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
Good for you guys.
Just correcting a mistake.

Don't knee me.

X0X0A0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 10:42 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

Quote:
Yeah, I just realized that. My bad.

Last edited by FlaPnthrsPunk: 02-17-2007 at 10:56 PM.
FlaPnthrsPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 10:44 PM
Lola
Future Panthers

Quote:
Just correcting a mistake.

Don't knee me.

I'm not that kind of girl.

Lola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 12:01 AM
PantherBlood6*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianPantherFan View Post
Curse is over Now ... we need to figure out that shootout thing.
beggers cant be choosers...

random comments:

good game to watch. both teams were extremely aggressive, leading to countless turnovers and sloppy defensive play for both sides. i didnt think belfour or holmqvist played that bad, but their save %'s are going to take a nice hit from this game.

tampa is a perfect example of a one-line team. the prospal-lecavalier-st.loius line had us dominated all night long and it was pretty ugly. they created chance after chance and just controlled the game when they were on the ice. as soon as they went off, we'd go over to the lightning zone for a couple of good shifts until they returned.

am i the only one that thinks semenov has been terrible so far this year? he was nothing special last year, but i never remember him being a total liability. in the three games hes played so far, i could swear i've been watching mathieu biron with a different number on his back. it was good to see him drop the gloves though.

dan boyle must be one of the worst defensive defensmen i've ever seen. he looks so clueless in his own zone. he creates a ton from the back end though. any time he's on the ice, something's gonna happen...not to open up a VERY old can of worms, but even if we could take back that trade, i'm not sure i would. a heart-attack waiting to happen.

glad martin didn't pull belfour after the third goal. i looked over and he seemed to be considering it. they scored three quick goals on seven shots i think and momentum was on their side big time. had he made the switch, we have zero chance of coming back and winning this game imo.

and last but not least....i'm lovin the horton-weiss combo. not only because they put up points, but they seem to feed off of each other. weiss is so creative but has been stuck with guys like gelinas and booth all year long. horton has the offensive instincts guys like gelinas don't and finds the open ice. i hope martin keeps them together.

PantherBlood6* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 01:17 AM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

1. JayBo, not Jokinen, has been the best player on this team.
2. Horton has great potential. He doesn't always play to that potential. Martin has alluded to that before.

Last edited by ratmanfu: 02-18-2007 at 07:29 AM. Reason: quoted deleted part of post
angry_treefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 01:18 AM
dhasek3910

So I come home and find out that not only did the Panthers a) win a game b) beat a division rival but also c) win in OT

Wow.

Yay

dhasek3910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 01:30 AM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balmo View Post
i'm lovin the horton-weiss combo. not only because they put up points, but they seem to feed off of each other. weiss is so creative but has been stuck with guys like gelinas and booth all year long. horton has the offensive instincts guys like gelinas don't and finds the open ice. i hope martin keeps them together.
I agree. Horton & Jokinen both need a playmaker on their respective lines. Jokinen's line played well last year with Stumpel for that reason (Unfortunately Stumpel's just too slow & too streaky to be on the first line).. I'd like to see Olesz, Horton & Weiss on the second line next year. (First line should be Bertuzzi & Jokinen with an UFA LW/C filling a similar role.)

angry_treefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 02:14 AM
zeroG

Quote:
good game to watch. both teams were extremely aggressive, leading to countless turnovers and sloppy defensive play for both sides. i didnt think belfour or holmqvist played that bad, but their save %'s are going to take a nice hit from this game.
many of those early goals were the result of absolutely atrocious defensive coverage and/or horrible giveaways. from what i saw (didn't see a good replay of the 3rd goal) belfour didn't really have a chance on any of the goals.

Quote:
tampa is a perfect example of a one-line team. the prospal-lecavalier-st.loius line had us dominated all night long and it was pretty ugly. they created chance after chance and just controlled the game when they were on the ice. as soon as they went off, we'd go over to the lightning zone for a couple of good shifts until they returned.
not exactly. their 3rd and 4th lines gave us fits. they didn't really generate much in terms of shots or chances but they kept us hemmed in our zone on many shifts.

Quote:
am i the only one that thinks semenov has been terrible so far this year? he was nothing special last year, but i never remember him being a total liability. in the three games hes played so far, i could swear i've been watching mathieu biron with a different number on his back. it was good to see him drop the gloves though.
i don't think he had a great game. he seemed a bit soft out there. wasn't terrible though. van ryn on the other hand, was. gosh... one good game and then a **** like that? nhl.com only has that one giveaway in the 2nd but it was about as bad a giveaway as you'll see. he seemed to be getting pushed around and looked like he was in over his head all night. what's up with this guy?

Quote:
and last but not least....i'm lovin the horton-weiss combo. not only because they put up points, but they seem to feed off of each other. weiss is so creative but has been stuck with guys like gelinas and booth all year long. horton has the offensive instincts guys like gelinas don't and finds the open ice. i hope martin keeps them together.
yeah, weiss had a great game (well, except for the time he lost st. louis in front of the net and cost us a goal...). i'm a little worried that we're not getting more scoring from these guys though. we're getting a sneak peak at the future roster and while we've got some guys who can do alright in a given role, i'm not seeing the type of offense we're going to need to win consistenly next year. good defensive teams (i.e., ottawa) have been able to shut us down completely. i don't know if bert's the answer, either.

i do like kreps though. he created out there (chances, havoc) most shifts. looking forward to seeing him centering the 3rd line next year. this may sound crazy but i'd like to see kreps, instead of weiss, with horton. at least for a bit this season just to see what they can do. i think kreps may be a little better on the boards and a little quicker with his passes. nate's not really a dynamic player in the offensive zone but every few shifts (even against good teams), he'll find his seam above the faceoff dot during a cycle and we gotta have someone who can get the puck to him with enough space to get the shot off.

zeroG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 03:11 AM
JonathanHuberdoh
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
It's sad that I missed this game. It sounds like a good one. Nice to see us finally win in OT (why couldn't we have gotten this monkey off our backs about 2 months ago!!!).

Nice to see Weiss get 3 points as well. Let's build on this win and try and finish this season strong.

JonathanHuberdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 08:04 AM
cupotrevor

yea!!! pizza for dinner today!

cupotrevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 11:34 AM
NJ_CATS_FAN
We Suck Yet Again

What a game. We deserve the 2 points. Finally a win in OT. I couldnt believe it. Well my 7-4 prediction was pretty close. Lets do it again Tuesday. Big win tonight

NJ_CATS_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote