HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

goofy trade ideas

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-17-2007, 11:15 AM
  #1
Mr Sakich
Registered User
 
Mr Sakich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Motel 35
Posts: 8,099
vCash: 500
goofy trade ideas

since this is goofy season anyways, lets throw some crap against the wall and see who can come up with the coolest deadline day deal. Nothing we can dream up could compete with some of the leaf proposals on the trade rumours board, but lets see some whacked out ideas

To Anaheim - Ryan Smyth and Anaheim's conditional 1st rounder
To Chicago - Getzlaff
To Edmonton - Seabrook, Barker, or Kieth

Reasoning - Burke went real hard for Forsberg. If you go tot he ducks' board, their biggest wish is a high end LW. They get the best available plus their potential 1st rounder back.

For Chicago, they get an elite young player and better balance. They have 4 excellent young dmen but the cupboard is kinda bare for young forwards.

For Edmonton, they fill a huge hole with a soon to be ufa.

Mr Sakich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 11:34 AM
  #2
goggog
Registered User
 
goggog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,528
vCash: 500
you can't trade a conditional pick. If the conditions are met, then it is our property but the conditions have not been met so its not.

goggog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 11:36 AM
  #3
Oilbleeder
Moderator
RattsSSV on the avy
 
Oilbleeder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Oil Country
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,306
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sakich View Post
since this is goofy season anyways, lets throw some crap against the wall and see who can come up with the coolest deadline day deal. Nothing we can dream up could compete with some of the leaf proposals on the trade rumours board, but lets see some whacked out ideas

To Anaheim - Ryan Smyth and Anaheim's conditional 1st rounder
To Chicago - Getzlaff
To Edmonton - Seabrook, Barker, or Kieth

Reasoning - Burke went real hard for Forsberg. If you go tot he ducks' board, their biggest wish is a high end LW. They get the best available plus their potential 1st rounder back.

For Chicago, they get an elite young player and better balance. They have 4 excellent young dmen but the cupboard is kinda bare for young forwards.

For Edmonton, they fill a huge hole with a soon to be ufa.
Well for forwards they're not as empty as it seems. Toews and Skille are there. But its a pretty fair proposal, but think either us or Chicago have to add something to that equation, Anaheim needs a bit more to give up Getzlaf, but its still a pretty fair proposal, good work .

My random one:

Edmonton: Hamhuis + 2nd

Nashville: Smyth + Smith + 2nd

Oilbleeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 11:50 AM
  #4
jcoldwell
Registered User
 
jcoldwell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,070
vCash: 500
To Pittsburgh:
Ryan Smyth
Jason Smith

To Edmonton:
Ryan Whitney/Shea Weber
Michel Ouellet/EriK Christensen

jcoldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 11:56 AM
  #5
Heavy Dee
Registered User
 
Heavy Dee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,518
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoldwell View Post
To Pittsburgh:
Ryan Smyth
Jason Smith

To Edmonton:
Ryan Whitney/Shea Weber
Michel Ouellet/EriK Christensen

weber plays for nashville

Heavy Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 12:03 PM
  #6
Petro Points
Registered User
 
Petro Points's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 14,343
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sakich View Post
To Anaheim - Ryan Smyth and Schremp
To Chicago - Getzlaff
To Edmonton - Kieth
.
fixed.. ANA wont trade away Getzlaff for a rental.. actually they wouldnt trade away getzlaf period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoldwell View Post
To Pittsburgh:
Ryan Smyth
Jason Smith

To Edmonton:
Ryan Whitney/Shea Weber
Michel Ouellet/EriK Christensen
if PIT feels gonchar will keep up this pace for a couple more years then they might do this trade..

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 12:43 PM
  #7
The Human Torch
Registered User
 
The Human Torch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Amsterdam
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 5,169
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to The Human Torch
To EDM:
Jaromir Jagr
Brendan Shanahan

To NYR:
Toby Petersen

The Human Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 12:47 PM
  #8
OntOilFan
Registered User
 
OntOilFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,753
vCash: 500
To Edmonton:

Sidney Crosby

To Pittsburgh:

Ales Hemsky
Ales Hemsky's first born son
The Gretzky statue with Lemieux's head replacing Wayne's
Blue prints for a new rink
A map to Kansas City
A drop of Toby Petersen's sweat for cloning purposes
Chris Pronger's locker stall
Our first round picks in odd-numbered years from now until 2017.

I'd do it.

OntOilFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 12:49 PM
  #9
oil slick
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 7,369
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OntOilFan View Post
A drop of Toby Petersen's sweat for cloning purposes

oil slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 01:11 PM
  #10
camboy
Registered User
 
camboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,065
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OntOilFan View Post
A drop of Toby Petersen's sweat for cloning purposes
I thought international law stated that only Jessica Alba could be cloned.

camboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 01:52 PM
  #11
Mr Sakich
Registered User
 
Mr Sakich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Motel 35
Posts: 8,099
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by goggog View Post
you can't trade a conditional pick. If the conditions are met, then it is our property but the conditions have not been met so its not.
we could include a conditional pick. The condition is - if the ducks make the finals and we get there pick, that pick gets traded back to anaheim.

Mr Sakich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 02:19 PM
  #12
Cloned
Sexy Genesis
 
Cloned's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 22,179
vCash: 500
To Nashville: Jason Smith + Ryan Smyth + Matt Greene

To Edmonton: Shea Weber, Scott Hartnell, Cody Franson, 1st round pick, 3rd round pick

__________________

Sig AND X-mas avatar courtesy of The Nemesis

"Pull yourself together!" - Solid Snake to Otacon, multiple times in the series
Cloned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 03:02 PM
  #13
Oilbleeder
Moderator
RattsSSV on the avy
 
Oilbleeder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Oil Country
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,306
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloned View Post
To Nashville: Jason Smith + Ryan Smyth + Matt Greene

To Edmonton: Shea Weber, Scott Hartnell, Cody Franson, 1st round pick, 3rd round pick
I think they give up too much....


Weber is a stud, no doubt, #1 D-man if we have ever seen one, supposedly he compares favourbly against Phaneuf. Franson is at worst gonna be a 2nd pairing guy, this guy is gonna be good. Hartnell doesn't really matter as he is a UFA (and my god how many people want him). the two picks aren't there because their both gone in Forsberg deal.

In retun they get an outstanding #1 LW, an ok #2 or fantastic #3, and a rookie who is looking like Jason Smith.

Bad break-down but i think they are getting the short end of the stick, take our Franson and Hartnell and the 3rd and change the pick to a conditional and they do this IMO.

Oilbleeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 03:06 PM
  #14
Cloned
Sexy Genesis
 
Cloned's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 22,179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
I think they give up too much....


Weber is a stud, no doubt, #1 D-man if we have ever seen one, supposedly he compares favourbly against Phaneuf. Franson is at worst gonna be a 2nd pairing guy, this guy is gonna be good. Hartnell doesn't really matter as he is a UFA (and my god how many people want him). the two picks aren't there because their both gone in Forsberg deal.

In retun they get an outstanding #1 LW, an ok #2 or fantastic #3, and a rookie who is looking like Jason Smith.

Bad break-down but i think they are getting the short end of the stick, take our Franson and Hartnell and the 3rd and change the pick to a conditional and they do this IMO.
Revised:

To NSH: Smith, Smyth, Greene, Tjarnqvist

To EDM: Weber, Hartnell, Franson

Really gives NSH solid depth for the playoffs.

Considering what they gave up for Forsberg, I think it's possible.

Cloned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 03:56 PM
  #15
OntOilFan
Registered User
 
OntOilFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,753
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloned View Post
Revised:

To NSH: Smith, Smyth, Greene, Tjarnqvist

To EDM: Weber, Hartnell, Franson

Really gives NSH solid depth for the playoffs.

Considering what they gave up for Forsberg, I think it's possible.
This needs to be simplified. I don't think the Preds need Ryan Smyth now that they have Foppa. Nashville needs toughness, we need talent on the back-end. Keep it simple.

How about something like:

To NSH: Jason Smith and 1st
To EDM: Shea Weber/Ryan Suter

OR

To NSH: Jason Smith, Raffi Torres, 1st.
To EDM: Shea Weber, 3rd.

OntOilFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 04:43 PM
  #16
Hemskyfanboy83
Registered User
 
Hemskyfanboy83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 6,564
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OntOilFan View Post
To Edmonton:

Sidney Crosby

To Pittsburgh:

Ales Hemsky
Ales Hemsky's first born son
The Gretzky statue with Lemieux's head replacing Wayne's
Blue prints for a new rink
A map to Kansas City
A drop of Toby Petersen's sweat for cloning purposes
Chris Pronger's locker stall
Our first round picks in odd-numbered years from now until 2017.

I'd do it.
No player is worth the Gretzky staute. In lean years, it is all we have.

Anyways

To Detroit
Ryan Smyth
3rd round pick

To Edmonton
Jakub Kindl
1st round pick

or

To San Jose
Jason Smith
Ryan Smyth

To Edmonton
Matt Carle
2nd round pick

Hemskyfanboy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 08:28 PM
  #17
jumptheshark
the burn out
 
jumptheshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: hf retirement home
Country: United Nations
Posts: 54,811
vCash: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by shootler View Post
weber plays for nashville
thought I had missed a trade or something

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:20 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.