HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GM Meeting Agenda

Old
02-19-2007, 12:06 AM
Joe T Choker
Las Vegas Black Aces

vCash: 500
GM Meeting Agenda

- Whether the league should award three points in the standings for a regulation-time victory;

- A re-examination of the instigator penalty;

- Pre-game ceremonies and the need to curb how long they run;

- "Soft penalties," better defining hooking calls without easing up on the officiating standard;

- Once again a debate over no-touch icing;

- Goalie interference - NHL netminders are once again getting run;

- The issues of goalies overfreezing the puck to gain a stoppage in play.

There will likely be yet more discussion as well on the NHL's unbalanced schedule although that hot potato ultimately will be decided by the owners at the next few board of governors meetings.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=196753&hubname=

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 09:13 AM
Hazeltherabbit

"Fire Trotz - clap clap - clap-clap-clap"

Huh? I hope this is some kind of inside joke.

Hazeltherabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 09:25 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

I think something concerning the crease and goaltenders needs to be examined closely.

02-19-2007, 09:30 AM
Testify

I watch alot of junior hockey and no-touch icing is the way to go. It avoids stupid injuries. IMO

about the hooking penalties; I say let it stay the way it is now. I know sometimes u get weird penalties, but ppl will stop hooking at some point?? Jeez I hate hooking

Testify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 09:34 AM
OpenWheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
I think something concerning the crease and goaltenders needs to be examined closely.
You meant they should require Vokoun to stay in there?

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 10:26 AM
Jarnberg

I like the new rules and all, but I wish that the refs would be consistent. They let too many legitimate calls go uncalled and let the littlest things get penalties.

I would also be in favor of loosening up a tad bit, I've seen a ton of games where the penalties have killed the flow (ie our Toronto game).

I like reevaluating the instigator rule.

No touch icing I'm iffy on because sometimes guys can beat it out but I wouldn't be opposed to the rule change.

As for the points change, I'm in favor of anything than encourages teams to win in regulation.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 12:52 PM
CandyDelNOmore

I think the two or three main things that need to be looked at are the unbalanced schedule for sure. I would atleast like to once every 2 years instead of once every 3-5 be able to see teams from the East like the Pens and Capitals.

Also the instigator rule and no touch icing should be looked at. I am all for no touch icing, since I believe it does cut down on some injuries. The insitgator rule needs to go back to the way it was, IMHO.

CandyDelNOmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 02:36 PM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyDelNOmore View Post
I think the two or three main things that need to be looked at are the unbalanced schedule for sure. I would atleast like to once every 2 years instead of once every 3-5 be able to see teams from the East like the Pens and Capitals.

Also the instigator rule and no touch icing should be looked at. I am all for no touch icing, since I believe it does cut down on some injuries. The insitgator rule needs to go back to the way it was, IMHO.
The schedule was already shot down, at least for now. Our own Craig Leipold was the deciding vote, apparently.

I'd like them to do away with the instigator, even if it means someone is going to kill Tootoo. As far as the no-touch icing, I think we're one of those teams that benefits from the current rule, given how fast we are and how often guys like Sullivan beat out the icing call.

DontCallPlayersStuds is offline   Reply With Quote