HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

New Injuries: Who will be called up?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-17-2007, 03:57 PM
  #26
FLYLine24*
 
FLYLine24*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,102
vCash: 500
Nobody

Orr will replace Shanny
Pock will replace Malik

Everyone is is fine and will play tomorrow.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 04:00 PM
  #27
shoeshine5
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 75
vCash: 500
Early reports show Henrik starting tomorrow. Ward will probably be back as well. I would say Krog/Orr and Pock up for Shanny and Malik.

shoeshine5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 04:16 PM
  #28
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov
 
Jarkko Immonen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 3,103
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitain Midnight View Post
I was at the Wolfpack game last night, four rows behind the goal.

Dawes is fast but I just don't see the offensive touch.

Callahan looked small and weak.

Dubinsky played well be was tossed for a third man in midway through the 3rd because of the ass-clown that is Purinton. Dubinsky also forechecked the best.

Immonen was a sratch.

Montoya was unreal...what is cool is that you can see his maze and blue chest protector under the jersey...we a big wolverine logo.

Anyway just a little update.
I would probably disagree with everything you just said there, except for the fact that Jarkko was scratched. Dubinsky didn't get tossed because of Purinton he got tossed because he was protecting his teammate from the jackass on Worcester who was pounding Dale while he was down on the ice. Montoya wasn't unreal, he faced 15 shots. No discredit to him of course. Callahan is obviously short but he's not weak. I saw him once check and shove four guys in a row. He was throwing them around. And Dawes does have a scoring touch.

Jarkko Immonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 04:19 PM
  #29
ATLANTARANGER*
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Atlanta, B&R in NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,649
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majoritystorm View Post
This game goes to show that we should go hard after a guy like Garnet Exelby who can take out the entire Flyer team by himself and let our guys feel safe and do their thing.

I am starting a campaign to trade for Garnett Exelby after seeing him take out 3 guys in the same play.
First I doubt seriously Atlanta would trade him. But I would do a Nylander & Rachunek for him and a pick.

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 04:20 PM
  #30
ATLANTARANGER*
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Atlanta, B&R in NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,649
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Nobody

Orr will replace Shanny
Pock will replace Malik

Everyone is is fine and will play tomorrow.
Putting Orr is the lineup is a game too late.

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 04:36 PM
  #31
SML
Registered User
 
SML's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 3,742
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majoritystorm View Post
This game goes to show that we should go hard after a guy like Garnet Exelby who can take out the entire Flyer team by himself and let our guys feel safe and do their thing.

I am starting a campaign to trade for Garnett Exelby after seeing him take out 3 guys in the same play.
C'mon, you make him sound like William Wallace for crying out loud...

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 04:39 PM
  #32
Kostik
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 876
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER View Post
First I doubt seriously Atlanta would trade him. But I would do a Nylander & Rachunek for him and a pick.
worst proposal i've seen in a while

Kostik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 05:08 PM
  #33
NYCLV
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 58
vCash: 500
This will most likely be the line up tomorrow:


Hossa-Straka-Jagr
Avery-Nylander-Prucha
Dupuis(who was invisible tonight)-Cullen-Ortmeyer
Hellweg-Betts-Krog

Pock - Rozsival
Tyutin - Girardi
Ward - Rachunek

NYCLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 05:15 PM
  #34
FLYLine24*
 
FLYLine24*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER View Post
Putting Orr is the lineup is a game too late.
I forgot about Krog, so him rather then Orr.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 06:44 PM
  #35
natureboy*
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 423
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by o0goals View Post
Nope, he had a shutout last night and is probably playing again tonight.
if its any other organization the kid would be up here for a look.

natureboy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 06:54 PM
  #36
Fletch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 20,942
vCash: 500
Same here, FLY...

I totally forgot about Krog...I wonder if he puts him in there, reunites Nylander with Jagr and Straka, and tries to win it with his big three guys again...

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 12:13 AM
  #37
Capitain Midnight
Trust me, I'm a doc
 
Capitain Midnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United Nations
Posts: 629
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarkko Immonen View Post
I would probably disagree with everything you just said there, except for the fact that Jarkko was scratched. Dubinsky didn't get tossed because of Purinton he got tossed because he was protecting his teammate from the jackass on Worcester who was pounding Dale while he was down on the ice. Montoya wasn't unreal, he faced 15 shots. No discredit to him of course. Callahan is obviously short but he's not weak. I saw him once check and shove four guys in a row. He was throwing them around. And Dawes does have a scoring touch.

You are entitled to you opinion....or maybe you don't remember what actually happened.

Dale instigated a fight early on...remember the misconduct he got?
The next fight Dale turtled and then when Dubi jumped in, Dale started pounding like the cheapshot artist he is. If it wasn't for Dale's antics, Dubi would not have been ejected.

Montoya was phenomial in goal because 6-7 shots were screen/deflection/odd man breaks. It is very difficult to stay focused with little work and he did that. Plus he made one save right in front of me with his toe on a deflection...absolute beauty.

So what if Callahan checked four people. Did you see he anywhere near the net? I didn't. He was kept to the perimeter all night. He needed to show some strength and drive to the net. Last night he didn't do that...so to me he seemed weak.

As far as Dawes, his missed one-timer, and two chances in the slot where he couldn't handle the puck is enough to me that shows he does not have confidence in his game or his offensive ability now. He threw the body well, but he is meant to be a scorer and he didn't show any of that either.

Perhaps things at ice level are different from where you were sitting.


Last edited by Capitain Midnight: 02-18-2007 at 12:21 AM.
Capitain Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 12:31 AM
  #38
Pock*
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 33
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCLV View Post
This will most likely be the line up tomorrow:


Hossa-Straka-Jagr
Avery-Nylander-Prucha
Dupuis(who was invisible tonight)-Cullen-Ortmeyer
Hellweg-Betts-Krog

Pock - Rozsival
Tyutin - Girardi
Ward - Rachunek
How can you possibly want Rozsival on the first pair of defense... he absolutely screwed the Rangers out of a chance to come back.
The defensive pairs there look messed up completely. Pock was used to playing with Rachunek, Girardi and Tyutin looks about right, and Ward will probably stick on the 3rd pair, but I wish Renney would bench Rozsival and call up Lampman to take his spot. I'm not saying the pairs you listed won't happen, but to me they aren't right.
The foward lineups look 100% accurate.

As for anyone saying Montoya will be called up, not happening. Valiquette has NHL experience, he's already called up to the team, and he's already praciticing with the team because of it. Montoya is young and will have a very good chance at being the backup for Lundqvist next year.

Pock* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 09:00 AM
  #39
ATLANTARANGER*
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Atlanta, B&R in NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,649
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitain Midnight View Post
You are entitled to you opinion....or maybe you don't remember what actually happened.

Dale instigated a fight early on...remember the misconduct he got?
The next fight Dale turtled and then when Dubi jumped in, Dale started pounding like the cheapshot artist he is. If it wasn't for Dale's antics, Dubi would not have been ejected.

Montoya was phenomial in goal because 6-7 shots were screen/deflection/odd man breaks. It is very difficult to stay focused with little work and he did that. Plus he made one save right in front of me with his toe on a deflection...absolute beauty.

So what if Callahan checked four people. Did you see he anywhere near the net? I didn't. He was kept to the perimeter all night. He needed to show some strength and drive to the net. Last night he didn't do that...so to me he seemed weak.

As far as Dawes, his missed one-timer, and two chances in the slot where he couldn't handle the puck is enough to me that shows he does not have confidence in his game or his offensive ability now. He threw the body well, but he is meant to be a scorer and he didn't show any of that either.

Perhaps things at ice level are different from where you were sitting.
How much have you watched Callahan?

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 09:46 AM
  #40
Capitain Midnight
Trust me, I'm a doc
 
Capitain Midnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United Nations
Posts: 629
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER View Post
How much have you watched Callahan?
I was merely talking about his play during the game. I've seen him live a few times.

Capitain Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 10:42 AM
  #41
Block More Shots
Registered User
 
Block More Shots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,355
vCash: 500
I could cares less who's called up...I just wanna see a win.

Block More Shots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 10:58 AM
  #42
dank
Registered User
 
dank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 5,867
vCash: 500
seems like no one has been called up so far --

http://stats.theahl.com/hm/transactions.php

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 11:01 AM
  #43
Dagoon44
Registered User
 
Dagoon44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,876
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Why would there be? Pock and Krog will play and today Straka and Prucha will be the designated targets

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 11:09 AM
  #44
John Torturella
Registered User
 
John Torturella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,832
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitain Midnight View Post
You are entitled to you opinion....or maybe you don't remember what actually happened.

Dale instigated a fight early on...remember the misconduct he got?
The next fight Dale turtled and then when Dubi jumped in, Dale started pounding like the cheapshot artist he is. If it wasn't for Dale's antics, Dubi would not have been ejected.

Montoya was phenomial in goal because 6-7 shots were screen/deflection/odd man breaks. It is very difficult to stay focused with little work and he did that. Plus he made one save right in front of me with his toe on a deflection...absolute beauty.

So what if Callahan checked four people. Did you see he anywhere near the net? I didn't. He was kept to the perimeter all night. He needed to show some strength and drive to the net. Last night he didn't do that...so to me he seemed weak.

As far as Dawes, his missed one-timer, and two chances in the slot where he couldn't handle the puck is enough to me that shows he does not have confidence in his game or his offensive ability now. He threw the body well, but he is meant to be a scorer and he didn't show any of that either.

Perhaps things at ice level are different from where you were sitting.
Saying Callahan is weak is like watching a baseball player in one game and he doesnt have a hit and you say he is a bad hitter. It is unfair to judge him by one game. The last game I saw he had a Hattrick. Would it be fair to say he is gonna be the next Brendan Shanahan because he had a Hattrick? No. You have to see him play more than once to know what he can and cant do. It is wrong to jump to conclusions because of one game

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 11:24 AM
  #45
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 7,982
vCash: 500
Can we please bring up Montoya already. I know he just got back from injury but I'd rather see him in net then Valiquette who was just horrendous yesterday and looked like he should be playing in the beer league with the Chiefs.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 12:01 PM
  #46
Pock*
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 33
vCash: 500
No. Montoya needs to stay down in the minors. He's too young, inexperienced, and would be wasting valuable time for us. Valiquette doesn't need to be back in the minors for experience. He's played in NHL games before, and honestly Montoya wouldn't be smart if we are looking for a playoff run.

Pock* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 12:06 PM
  #47
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Tromelin
Posts: 9,481
vCash: 500
I WOULD call up Montoya this week. If the Rangers end up needing a goalie why not just give Montoya the chance to play a game. What if he ~gasp~ plays well?

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 12:11 PM
  #48
NoamHemsky
Registered User
 
NoamHemsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,895
vCash: 500
How long will Malik be out?

NoamHemsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 12:39 PM
  #49
The Big Apple
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 375
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitain Midnight View Post
You are entitled to you opinion....or maybe you don't remember what actually happened.

Dale instigated a fight early on...remember the misconduct he got?
The next fight Dale turtled and then when Dubi jumped in, Dale started pounding like the cheapshot artist he is. If it wasn't for Dale's antics, Dubi would not have been ejected.

Montoya was phenomial in goal because 6-7 shots were screen/deflection/odd man breaks. It is very difficult to stay focused with little work and he did that. Plus he made one save right in front of me with his toe on a deflection...absolute beauty.

So what if Callahan checked four people. Did you see he anywhere near the net? I didn't. He was kept to the perimeter all night. He needed to show some strength and drive to the net. Last night he didn't do that...so to me he seemed weak.

As far as Dawes, his missed one-timer, and two chances in the slot where he couldn't handle the puck is enough to me that shows he does not have confidence in his game or his offensive ability now. He threw the body well, but he is meant to be a scorer and he didn't show any of that either.

Perhaps things at ice level are different from where you were sitting.
I also was at the game, and i do agree with you about Montoya... But, Dawes had a nice game, he had some really nice passes to set up isbister.... He also look good shooting the puck.... On one of the goals i believe his hard shot was deflected by isbister and into the net.... I thought he played a real good game....

The Big Apple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 09:53 PM
  #50
Brooklyn Ranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn, of course
Posts: 7,676
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pock View Post
How can you possibly want Rozsival on the first pair of defense... he absolutely screwed the Rangers out of a chance to come back.
The defensive pairs there look messed up completely. Pock was used to playing with Rachunek, Girardi and Tyutin looks about right, and Ward will probably stick on the 3rd pair, but I wish Renney would bench Rozsival and call up Lampman to take his spot. I'm not saying the pairs you listed won't happen, but to me they aren't right.
The foward lineups look 100% accurate.

As for anyone saying Montoya will be called up, not happening. Valiquette has NHL experience, he's already called up to the team, and he's already praciticing with the team because of it. Montoya is young and will have a very good chance at being the backup for Lundqvist next year.
How can anyone want to replace Roszival with Lampman is a better question!

And Pck and Roszival played quite well together when Malik was injured.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:50 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.