HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Reasoner being wasted?

Old
02-17-2007, 08:12 PM
Spawn

vCash: 500
Reasoner being wasted?

Is Marty reasoner getting the short end of the stick when it comes to opportunity for increased ice time? Since Jarret Stoll was injured, and more minutes have been available, why hasn't Reasoner been getting an opportunity in a more offensive role.

Marty Reasoner has 19 points in 57 games, while getting mostly fourth line minutes with a rotation of rookies in and out of the lineup. In the 6 games (excluding tonights game) since Stolls injuries, reasoner has been averaging alittle more than 12.5 minutes per game. Toby Petersen in 41 games has 8 points. Petersen is continually getting ice time with Sykora and Lupul in an offensive position, but does nothing with his increased minutes (roughly 16.5 minutes per game since Stolls injury).

Last year Reasoner had a career year, and this year he isn't being put in any opportunites to succeed offensively, yet he still has more points playing with a constant rotation of rookies than Petersen (who has played with Sykora/Hemsky, and Sykora/Lupul for most of his time).

Basically what I am suggesting is that Reasoner gets put with Lupul and Sykora, and Petersen gets moved down to the fourth line, he is as defensively responsable as Petersen, and has more offence. BTW, this isn't a thread about bashing Petersen, but about seeing if Reasoner would be able to put up numbers playing with offensive line mates.

Thoughts, opinions, silence? I felt like I should share my thoughts even if no body cares

Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 08:33 PM
Traktor*

MacT is that bad. He should be fired.

Traktor* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 08:48 PM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 0
based upon what I see from his ICETIME

he has been heavily underused

Welcome to Edmonton Connor McDavid--the rest of you HA HA HA HA HA HA
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 09:15 PM
Petro Points

its up to reasoner to rise and take away icetime from horcoff and nedved .. MAP has slowly done just that after this last recall. he shouldve provided us with enough spark to be on the 2nd line by now. it seems like hes satisfied with the 4th line duty.

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 09:30 PM
HotToddy

Reasoner has had all season to step up, basically he's underwhelmed at all opportunities.

HotToddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 11:16 PM
BleedOil83

Yes he is.

And on an semi-related note -- I've decided that the Nedved signing single-handedly killed our playoff hopes.

BleedOil83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 11:20 PM
Raoul Duke*

Reasoner is fine in the role he's playing. And I'm a fan of the guy - I don't want him trying to be the 1st or 2nd line guy.... he knows what he's doing on the 3rd or 4th line.

Raoul Duke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 12:09 AM
Digger12
Gold Fever

IMO Reasoner has not been the same player since he destroyed his ankle in 03/04.

What might have been...

Digger12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 12:12 AM
Cerebral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger12 View Post
IMO Reasoner has not been the same player since he destroyed his ankle in 03/04.

What might have been...
I'll always remember one seeing-eye pass he made just before that injury that had me convinced he would be a top 6 centreman. He was playing with a lot of offensive confidence prior to that and he's simply never regained that part of his game. He's still a decent bottom 6 guy but he's someone I see Brodziak replacing relatively soon.

02-18-2007, 12:50 AM
Spawn

I'm not saying reasoner should be a 1st or 2nd line guy, I'm saying with the injuries, I'd rather have Reasoner getting the minutes petersen is getting, I think he would do more with them.

Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote