HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

new lines

Old
02-17-2007, 09:02 PM
fras123

vCash: 500
new lines

I noticed at the end of tonights game vs atlanta murray had switched up the lines a bit, i think he put mcammond up with spezza and heatley, then had alfredson playing with fisher and schaefer, then comrie vermette and kelly, all the lines seemed to click pretty well, do you think murray will keep the lines how they are or keep on schuffling them around which it seems hes done alot of.

fras123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 09:07 PM
Buckleys

Quote:
Originally Posted by fras123 View Post
I noticed at the end of tonights game vs atlanta murray had switched up the lines a bit, i think he put mcammond up with spezza and heatley, then had alfredson playing with fisher and schaefer, then comrie vermette and kelly, all the lines seemed to click pretty well, do you think murray will keep the lines how they are or keep on schuffling them around which it seems hes done alot of.
McAmmond, Kelly, Fisher, Spezza, Comrie, and Vermette are the only players that can play center. With all of them on the top three lines, who will center the 4th line? If he were to keep the lines the same, would he not have to call up Hennessy or Ebbet and scratch Schubert?

Buckleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 09:53 PM
Lexicon Devil

I'm not sure those are really new lines. Seems like he just benched Neil and put Mcammond on the top line for the third.

Lexicon Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 09:55 PM
hockeycountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckleys View Post
McAmmond, Kelly, Fisher, Spezza, Comrie, and Vermette are the only players that can play center. With all of them on the top three lines, who will center the 4th line? If he were to keep the lines the same, would he not have to call up Hennessy or Ebbet and scratch Schubert?
Um, I have to say that when I was wanting McAmmond to move up with Spezza and Heatley full time, that didn't occur to me! Oops.

hockeycountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 10:04 PM
Gr8full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexicon Devil View Post
I'm not sure those are really new lines. Seems like he just benched Neil and put Mcammond on the top line for the third.
Smart move by Murray as Neil was probably taking numbers and had a few on his list.

Gr8full is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 10:25 PM
kyle747

I guess it does not matter how well Comrie plays - he will not be allowed to play with Alfie.

kyle747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 10:27 PM
Clutch Mediocrity

It's unlikely there will be any changes forthcoming with the team being winners of 4 straight. However, I'd still like to see something close to the following. McAmmond should be a permanent fixture on the Spezza line since it seems clear Murray wants more of a two-way presence there. Only McAmmond has blazing speed and can score at a much higher level than Kelly / is much better than Neil. Eaves is another possibility but I don't fancy him there over McAmmond if Dean brings a greater veteran (and defensive) presence to an often young, careless line....... plus Murray seems to have it in for Patrick. It is worth noting that Eaves had a chance with those two to start the season; the chemistry didn't seem to be there. Possible lines:

Heatley - Spezza - McAmmond
Vermette - Comrie - Alfredsson
Schaefer - Fisher - Neil
Schubert - Kelly - Eaves

At any rate, I think we have enough depth to roll 4 lines. We'll probably have to on some nights to keep everybody happy. And even more importantly just to keep everybody "into the game".

* Comrie has to stay in the top-six as far as I'm concerned. It's the role he was brought in to play, correct. He is certainly capable. He's also proving to be rather clutch.

Clutch Mediocrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 11:12 PM
hockeycountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch Mediocrity View Post
It's unlikely there will be any changes forthcoming with the team being winners of 4 straight. However, I'd still like to see something close to the following. McAmmond should be a permanent fixture on the Spezza line since it seems clear Murray wants more of a two-way presence there. Only McAmmond has blazing speed and can score at a much higher level than Kelly / is much better than Neil. Eaves is another possibility but I don't fancy him there over McAmmond if Dean brings a greater veteran (and defensive) presence to an often young, careless line....... plus Murray seems to have it in for Patrick.
Yeah. Eaves is in a weird spot now, because he hasn't made enough of an impact on most of his trips into the top six this year -- and with Murray and most players, it's all about immediate impact. Compounding Eaves's problem is that he looks great on the fourth line. I'd still pencil him into the top six ideally . . . but McAmmond is making the better case to move up at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch Mediocrity
Schaefer - Fisher - Neil
Schubert - Kelly - Eaves
I really like those lines. I doubt it'll happen, but I'd love a look at Vermette-Comrie-Alfredsson.

hockeycountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 11:18 PM
OttawaGM

Quote:
He put McAmmond on the 1st line to replace Neil in the game last Saturday against Montreal. I like his plan, periods 1 and 2 create room for them to operate and then if we need offense put McAmmond there, otherwise leave Neil to ensure no one takes any liberties.

Last edited by OttawaGM: 02-18-2007 at 12:49 AM.
OttawaGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 05:32 AM
kyle747

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeycountry View Post
Yeah. Eaves is in a weird spot now, because he hasn't made enough of an impact on most of his trips into the top six this year -- and with Murray and most players, it's all about immediate impact. Compounding Eaves's problem is that he looks great on the fourth line. I'd still pencil him into the top six ideally . . . but McAmmond is making the better case to move up at this point.

I really like those lines. I doubt it'll happen, but I'd love a look at Vermette-Comrie-Alfredsson.
YES !!! - why can you see that but Murray can't ?

I mean - given the endless stupid combos he's tried why not try Comrie in the role we acquired him for ? 2nd line center !!!

kyle747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 07:34 AM
Big Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle747 View Post
I guess it does not matter how well Comrie plays - he will not be allowed to play with Alfie.
I agree we have to get Comrie into the top six and why is he not on our power play. When he was on it we were scoring now with Fish and Spezza back he Drops Comrie off the power play and it has gone in the tank. Comrie's speciality has always been the power play.

Big Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 08:44 AM
pepty

Quote:
Schaefer - Fisher - Neil
Schubert - Kelly - Eaves
Those lines look just about perfect to me.

However how long has it been since Murray played Kelly on the 4th line?

I would be surprised if he ever played that second line, though I would love to see it.

pepty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 09:11 AM
Tony_S*

Eaves - Comrie - Alfredsson
Schaefer - Fisher - Vermette
Schubert - Kelly - Neil

Eaves, Neil, Vermette, McAmmond, and Kelly could all shift around if the lines aren't clicking

Tony_S* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 10:31 AM
Jennifer 19

Send a message via MSN to Jennifer 19 Send a message via Skype™ to Jennifer 19
Quote:

* Comrie has to stay in the top-six as far as I'm concerned. It's the role he was brought in to play, correct. He is certainly capable. He's also proving to be rather clutch.
I agree with all your post, but I wanted to highlight this. He needs to be on the PP too.

Jennifer 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 11:27 AM
bert

Quote:
They have done that a few times when they need a goal. Its been pretty evident that Neil cannot play with Spezza and Heatley he doesnt have the skill. McAmmond seems to fit well he did it with Conroy and Iginla and he is doing it now. Schaefer Fisher Alfredsson have been very good. Maybe they can trysome lines like.

McAmmond Spezza Heatley
Shaefer Fisher Alfredsson
Vermette Comrie Eaves
Schubert Kelly Neil
Mcgratton

bert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 04:12 PM
emo

Quote:

And I have no idea why. Neil was having a good game. He was hitting everything, wasn't responsible for any of the Atlanta goals and didn't take any stupid penalties.

emo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 04:15 PM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Quote:
Originally Posted by emo View Post
And I have no idea why. Neil was having a good game. He was hitting everything, wasn't responsible for any of the Atlanta goals and didn't take any stupid penalties.
It came down to his lack of offensive talent on the Spezza line not helping, which was why he made the switch. He also didn't want to break up Fisher or Comrie's line either, which would explain the benching. Eaves and Schubert didn't really play either, because none of them are centers so they couldn't put those 3 on the ice together.

The Mars Volchenkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 04:20 PM
Matsi
got paws?

I really wish Dean gets more ice time and a spot on the top-three lines... It's really bad to see him toiling around on the fourth line

Matsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 06:42 AM
Big Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheechoo14whitney View Post
I really wish Dean gets more ice time and a spot on the top-three lines... It's really bad to see him toiling around on the fourth line
I really do not care if he keeps the lines the way they are, but I am very concerned with the powerless play. With Comrie on it we were scoring. Just don't take him off because Spezza and Fisher returned. This is his speciality and it is going to be very important going into the play-offs that the power play is working.

Big Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 08:38 AM
jamiebez

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mars Volchenkov View Post
Eaves and Schubert didn't really play either, because none of them are centers so they couldn't put those 3 on the ice together.
Someone needs to explain to Murray that WE HAVE SIX CENTRES ON THIS TEAM!?!!

Not "yelling" at you, Mars, but this is how it looked to me, too, and that's kind of ridiculous. He has three centres (Vermette, Comrie and Kelly) on the same line! If he'd get over his man-crush on Kelly, we could be rolling four very effective lines:

Schaefer - Fisher - Eaves
Schubert - Kelly - Neil

Give Kelly extra minutes on the PK if you want him on the ice more often. He's a great penalty killer, but he shouldn't be anything more than a 4th line center with the depth we have at that position.

jamiebez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 05:48 PM
fras123

looks like everyone likes mcammond on that first line, hope he stays there for a couple games to see if he keeps on producing
and im glad that im not the only person who thinks murray is over rating kelly

fras123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 09:44 PM
Tony_S*

Quote:
Originally Posted by fras123 View Post
looks like everyone likes mcammond on that first line, hope he stays there for a couple games to see if he keeps on producing
and im glad that im not the only person who thinks murray is over rating kelly
You definatly aren't the only one....

Tony_S* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 10:20 PM
boyd

the sens are not winning a cup with dean mcammond playing on that line... the sens have a good chance with him on the 4th line. he is a good role player!
how about this;

schaefer spezza heatley
comrie fisher alfie
vermette kelly neil
schubie mcammond eaves

or at home with last change;
comrie spezza heatley
vemette kelly alfie
shaefer fisher neil
schubie mcammond eaves

and last and my favorite!
heatley spezza alfie
roberts comrie vermette
shaefer ficher neil
kelly mcammond eaves
shubie mcgratton
(roberts for a 2nd round... time is now!!!)

boyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 10:44 PM
Sensfanman

Does anyone think Schubert could do somethig effecting with Spez and Heater? I mean he isn't the fastest player around but then again neither is Dany, plus he is responsible two ways and has a great shot. Most of all he is big, one of the biggest on the team, and crashes the net, also given the opportunity he could drastically improve offensively, if we want to convert him to offense. Just a thought but it looks pretty good on paper.

Sensfanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 10:59 PM
boyd

NO! shubie needs someone to hit and run around with !!! he has no hands to play with top line players!

boyd is offline   Reply With Quote