Trade Proposal Flames/Blues

Old
02-18-2007, 11:01 AM
scoringmachine

vCash: 500
Trade Proposal Flames/Blues

Here is a propsal I think may help the Flames

Flames trade

Tony Amonte, Prospect Matt Pelech (D) from Belleville (OHL) and a 4th Round pick they got from L.A for

Blues
Bill Gurien and Eric Brewer

Bill can play on the Second Line and Brewer can be d-man for second and third line

scoringmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 11:05 AM
JayByrd

Send a message via AIM to JayByrd Send a message via MSN to JayByrd
Obviously I'd take this if I was the Flames' GM, but I think there will be a lot of teams interested in Guerin and Brewer, and the price will be higher than that.

JayByrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 11:26 AM
CofRed

Amonte has a negative value. Even though he's a UFA, St. Louis is trying to shed salary in the next few weeks and wouldnt take on his salary without getting compensation in the form of a draft pick. The return for Guerin AND Brewer is going to be much nicer for St. Louis. Most likely a package of early round picks and a prospect or two.

CofRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 11:37 AM
scoringmachine

I know that Bill Gurien and Brewer would be hard to get and if it means given two or three picks plus a Flames roster player the Flames should do it.

Old
02-18-2007, 11:49 AM
KenLinsemanFanClub
Sorry State

vCash: 1159
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoringmachine View Post

Flames trade

Tony Amonte, Prospect Matt Pelech (D) from Belleville (OHL) and a 4th Round pick they got from L.A for

Blues

Bill can play on the Second Line and Brewer can be d-man for second and third line
Put PROPOSAL in your thread title.

KenLinsemanFanClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 12:31 PM
BenThatcher

We don't have the cap space to take either or both players, St. Louis will trade them both and get a much much higher return.

BenThatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 01:13 PM
JannikAtTheDisco
No panic it's Jannik

Those 3 things wouldn't fetch Guerin's left nut.

Or Brewer

JannikAtTheDisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 01:24 PM
numbrman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenThatcher View Post
We don't have the cap space to take either or both players, St. Louis will trade them both and get a much much higher return.
Actually we do have the cap space to take one of those players. Not both, but one.

numbrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 01:26 PM
numbrman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanucksMorrison View Post

Or Brewer
Actually, what was proposed would be enough to get either Guerin or Brewer, but not both. But Calgary won't be trading away Pelech, so it's a moot point.

numbrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 01:27 PM
scoringmachine

CanucksMorrision

If you think the Flames should trade more to Get Gurien and Brewer this is another proposal.

Flames trade

Tony Amonte who is fading in Flames lineup, Darren McCarty who is injured and can help Blues next season, Marcus Nilson not a bad player but he been talked about in trade rumors, Prospect Matt Pelech (D) from Belleville (OHL) since the Blues will give up a d-man they should get a d-man and a 2nd Round pick as the Flames want to keep their first round pick since the Flames have two 4th round picks they can manage without a 2nd round pick and Blues would need someone to replace Bill Gurien so the 2nd Round pick may help.

Blues
Bill Gurien and Eric Brewer. The blues can rent these players and resign them when the playoffs are over.

If this deal happens then Calgary would have to sign Brad Stuart, Wayne Primeau, Bill Gurien and Eric Brewer. The Flames could afford to lost at least two of these players when the playoff are over but not all. Hopefully they can get Guerin and Brewer.

Old
02-18-2007, 01:57 PM
BenThatcher

Why would the Blues take the Flames garbage on for legitimate players like Guerin and Brewer?

If you'r serious about a trade, you can start with Boyd and Irving and a first, then we'll talk. McCarty's career is likely over, Nilson is becoming a healthy scratch more and more often because of his knee problems. Pelech is a project and likely five or more years away from the NHL, if he ever makes it.

BenThatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 02:05 PM
CofRed

Quote:
Why would the Blues take the Flames garbage on for legitimate players like Guerin and Brewer?

If you'r serious about a trade, you can start with Boyd and Irving and a first, then we'll talk. McCarty's career is likely over, Nilson is becoming a healthy scratch more and more often because of his knee problems. Pelech is a project and likely five or more years away from the NHL, if he ever makes it.

Boyd and Irving maybe, but they are definitely not throwing in the 1st.

CofRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 02:45 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:

if he is scratched because of knee problems then how is that a "healthy scratch" i'm sorry but i foud it funny

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 02:50 PM
scoringmachine

Well sorry KenLinesmanFanClub for forgetting to put proposal in my thread line it happens people make mistakes.

Old
02-18-2007, 04:25 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:

Flames trade

Blues

Yeah, that would definately help the Flames. But what woudl St. Louis get out of it? If I was the Blues GM and you came to me with this proposal, I would literally laugh in your face. lol.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 05:51 PM
CCBC

Quote:

Flames trade

Blues

no way man. We dont want Amonte, we dont want to get older, we want to get younger. Amonte for Guerin.... nope.... Pelech and a 4th for Brewer.... not even close... Blues need either a better pick or some more prospects. Can i even ask Phaneuf? For both of them? Straight up? Or is Dion untouchable?

CCBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 05:59 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCBC View Post
Can i even ask Phaneuf? For both of them? Straight up? Or is Dion untouchable?
Yeah, Phaneuf is definately untouchable.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 06:13 PM
kruezer

Quote:
no way man. We dont want Amonte, we dont want to get older, we want to get younger. Amonte for Guerin.... nope.... Pelech and a 4th for Brewer.... not even close... Blues need either a better pick or some more prospects. Can i even ask Phaneuf? For both of them? Straight up? Or is Dion untouchable?
That is going much too far the other way, Dion Phaneuf will not be traded for two rental players.

kruezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 09:14 PM
CCBC

i wasnt asking Dion for those two... i was just seeing what he would take to get.

CCBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 12:57 AM
kruezer

Quote:
i wasnt asking Dion for those two... i was just seeing what he would take to get.
Fair enough, the name Erik Johnson comes to mind in a Phaneuf deal.

kruezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 05:57 PM
JorgeRocks!

take it in a sec, but the price must be higher.

JorgeRocks! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2007, 03:56 PM
iceman_88888888

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanucksMorrison View Post

Or Brewer
absolutely hilarious!

Quote:
Flames trade

Tony Amonte, Darren McCarty who is injured and can help Blues next season, Marcus Nilson , Prospect Matt Pelech (D) from Belleville (OHL) since the Blues will give up a d-man they should get a d-man and a 2nd Round pick as the Flames want to keep their first round pick since the Flames have two 4th round picks they can manage without a 2nd round pick and Blues would need someone to replace Bill Gurien so the 2nd Round pick may help.

Blues
Bill Gurien and Eric Brewer.
here's the deal: the flames are giving up nothing to get everything. honestly, how much credit are you giving amonte?! he's 36 years old and hasn't scored 30 goals in his 2 years with the shames. he's still got some, but not all, of his wheels, he doesn't provide any offense anymore and has turned into a checker. nilson is a 3rd liner if he's lucky and won't provide any scoring to st louis' anemic offense. mccarty has no place in hockey. he doesn't skate well, he doesn't pass well, he can't shoot. how's he going to help the blues? and matt pelech may be a good prospect but he's gonna be about 2 years away from cracking any lineup.
i said it in another forum: if you want guerin and brewer, you're gonna have to give up a lot more than amonte, nilson, mccarty, pelech, and a 2nd. it'll be more like, 1st, 2nd, boyd/lombardi, regher.
in another light, if st lou were coming at you with a trade for regher and iggy, under your idea of a good trade, they'd be offering jamal meyers, dallas drake, jamie rivers, and a 2nd. sound good? didn't think so.

iceman_88888888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2007, 04:45 PM
Rudolf Yaber

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman_88888888 View Post
i said it in another forum: if you want guerin and brewer, you're gonna have to give up a lot more than amonte, nilson, mccarty, pelech, and a 2nd. it'll be more like, 1st, 2nd, boyd/lombardi, regher.
in another light, if st lou were coming at you with a trade for regher and iggy, under your idea of a good trade, they'd be offering jamal meyers, dallas drake, jamie rivers, and a 2nd. sound good? didn't think so.
Not that I agree with the original proposal (just awful), this one is just as bad. Maybe if by Regehr you mean Richie, but I have a feeling you are talking about Robyn.
And I wouldn't compare Guerin and Brewer with Iginla and Regehr, but I see the point you are trying to make. In the original proposal, Flames give up their garbage for the goods.

Now I am going to recommend that a mod create a "Please Punctuate" stickie.

Rudolf Yaber is offline   Reply With Quote