HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Like it or not..montreal is too small, imo.

Old
02-18-2007, 02:48 PM
darrylsittler27

vCash: 500
Like it or not..montreal is too small, imo.

Early in the year,it was more wide open and smaller players like koivus,wellwoods and sullivans looked good.Now it is getting tighter as the playoffs close in.Montreal needs a Bertuzzi type player who can fight through other teams defenses.Koivu and kovalev are not the answer.It isnt that they arent skilled,but the reason sundin,antropov,ponikorvsky is so effective ,they are too big too handle.

Montreal needs to tank and rebuild,the east is too tough for such a soft team.

darrylsittler27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 02:50 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrylsittler27 View Post
Early in the year,it was more wide open and smaller players like koivus,wellwoods and sullivans looked good.Now it is getting tighter as the playoffs close in.Montreal needs a Bertuzzi type player who can fight through other teams defenses.Koivu and kovalev are not the answer.It isnt that they arent skilled,but the reason sundin,antropov,ponikorvsky is so effective ,they are too big too handle.

LOL...do you know how big Kovalev is? In weight, he must be third on the team...only after Komi and Souray. He's not easy to get off the puck.

And Latendresse is also really big, but he isn't scoring...what we need is a victory more than anything. No single player could solve our actual problem. And we are not that small and I don't think we have to be bigger. We need chemistry and we need scoring right now...

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 02:51 PM
As the Glorious Weep

Quote:

I remember hearing that in the new NHL, big and fast hockey players excelled. It seems that it has always been the small players that had to hook in the past to keep up.

As the Glorious Weep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 02:54 PM
darrylsittler27

My opinion you need a Bertuzzi type.

Yes, i know Kovalev is big.But Montreal needs a bleep disturber who can score.The east is brutal.The only reason Toronto is in the playoff hunt is size.By that i mean size and skill i.e Sundin.Koivu bertuzzi makes more sense than koivu Kovalev.Bottom line guys,it isnt working.

darrylsittler27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 03:00 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Yeah, Buffalo is huge...

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 03:06 PM
Chocho39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan View Post
LOL...do you know how big Kovalev is? In weight, he must be third on the team...only after Komi and Souray. He's not easy to get off the puck.

And Latendresse is also really big, but he isn't scoring...what we need is a victory more than anything. No single player could solve our actual problem. And we are not that small and I don't think we have to be bigger. We need chemistry and we need scoring right now...
Sullivan still look pretty good...

Chocho39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 03:17 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Yeah, Buffalo is huge...
Yeah, and let's not forget those massive St.Louis and Gionta guys... pure beef.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 03:18 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
The leading scorer in the NHL is like what 7'8 320 lbs?

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 03:21 PM
terreur

Crosby and St-Louis are great strong players.

terreur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 03:22 PM
hab 4ever

Quote:

And of course your statement is proven right by the Sabres year-long struggles. As well as Nashville's with leaders such as Kariya, Sullivan, Timonen, erat, zidlicky ...

hab 4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 03:24 PM
One Trick Pony

arnott

One Trick Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 03:24 PM
Masao

The problem with the Habs is not that they're too small or too soft, it's that they're the result of 15 years of bad managment.

Masao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 03:26 PM
hab 4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliash View Post
arnott
Yeah of course they have a few bigger ones. Just wanted to show that the no.1 team in the league has as many or maybe even more KEY players that do not stand at least 6'.

hab 4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 03:30 PM
AH

I remember the Leafs were REALLY big last year. They had Lindros and Allison in addition to whatever they have now.

Worked out real well for them.

AH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 03:31 PM
Penalty Killer

Yeah, Buffalo is too small too. We should be a lot bigger...like Philly!

Penalty Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 03:33 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by AH View Post
I remember the Leafs were REALLY big last year. They had Lindros and Allison in addition to whatever they have now.

Worked out real well for them.
But then the Ponikarovsky-Sundin-Antropov line gives tons of trouble to any opponent and known as one of the toughest to play against nowadays....

Mixed of both would be ideal though. In reality it's how you play that is important, now the actual height and weight you are. If you're 5'8'' and succeed in winning your battle along the boards, see if I care if you're tiny.....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 03:34 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Yes, i know Kovalev is big.But Montreal needs a bleep disturber who can score.The east is brutal.The only reason Toronto is in the playoff hunt is size.By that i mean size and skill i.e Sundin.Koivu bertuzzi makes more sense than koivu Kovalev.Bottom line guys,it isnt working.
Do you mean we should try to get Sundin and Bertuzzi to play with Koivu?

Old
02-18-2007, 03:34 PM
As the Glorious Weep

Quote:
Do you mean we should try to get Sundin and Bertuzzi to play with Koivu?
Hey, I agree. When are they arriving in Montreal?

As the Glorious Weep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 03:43 PM
STAALing

Like it or not, our players aren't too small, they're just bad.

STAALing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 03:49 PM
Habitant#1

Let's get Drury and Smyth this summer!

10M between the two should do it!

Bob can deal with he salary cap however he wants.

Habitant#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 03:51 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by As the Glorious Weep View Post
Hey, I agree. When are they arriving in Montreal?
Tuesday...

And do you think we gave to much for two big players? I mean, Andrei and Sergei Kostitsyn, Ben Maxwell, Ryan White, Alexei Emelin, Carey Price and a 1st in 2007 and 2008...

I think it's fair...they are all under 6 feets, exept Price, but he's in net. Too bad we are losing Price, he would have been a good foward...6'3''

Old
02-18-2007, 03:52 PM
Leon_La_Came

Yeah, i know that the habs are small. But it's not the problem. The problem is that they don't have true offensive firepower. Buffalo are very small, but they a lot of offensive firepower. Bertuzzi won't solve the problem. First, he's always injuried, second, he's not the same player since the Steve Moore incident.

Leon_La_Came is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 03:55 PM
Jean-Guy Drouin*

I laugh so loud when I lisent to guy who says things like "Buffalo is good, so we dont need tall and big players" God damn, we dont even have 1 player who have the fourth of the skills of any top 6 players of Buffalo...And dont mention the name of Kovalev of i'll hire the Hansons Brothers to fight you on a rink; Kovalev just dosent want to play and pay the price at all. And name me Buffalo's fourth line, just for fun, I dont think they are small. Buffalo have big players and knows how to use it...

We NEED Big and Tall players. If it's not good AND big players, we must at least start getting those littles AND great players like Briere, Pominville, Afinogenov. And then, build a intimidating 4th line with greater players than Downey.

It's not with Plekanec-like or Dagenais-like players that we will win games as top 6 forwards.

Jean-Guy Drouin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 03:55 PM
Reuben

Quote:
Tuesday...

And do you think we gave to much for two big players? I mean, Andrei and Sergei Kostitsyn, Ben Maxwell, Ryan White, Alexei Emelin, Carey Price and a 1st in 2007 and 2008...

I think it's fair...they are all under 6 feets, exept Price, but he's in net. Too bad we are losing Price, he would have been a good foward...6'3''

Both Kostitsyns are 6 foot plus. the rest i'll have to check I think they are close to 6 feet and probably still growing since they are only 18-19. except for emelin

Reuben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 03:57 PM
myre

Quote:

Kovalev is on the market trade!
Lets read: heard from the radio this morning and i read it on the journal La Presse that Alex Kovalev could be trade before the trade limit. The La Presse article said that Kovalev ask Gainey for to trade im to a team who have chances to win the Stanley cup. Maybe more to come this next week.

The San Jose Sharks, the Detroit Red Wings and couple teams have ask Bob Gainey on Kovalev status.

Personaly, that will be a big add for a team, specially on the Power Play because Kovalev one of the best stickhandler of the league and can score goals too.

more to come ...

myre is offline   Reply With Quote