Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Notices

Do the Flames need make another trade?

Old
02-18-2007, 03:12 PM
scoringmachine

vCash: 500
Do the Flames need make another trade?

The Flames have good Depth but I feel they need another centerman. Yelle is their best centerman but gets hurt too often and doesn't log long minutes. I also feel they need another d-man to replace Andrei Zyuzin. Who do you think the Flames shoud trade for. Eric Brewer or Adrian Aucoin to fill the d-man role and Bill Guerin, Gary Roberts, Keith Tkachuk, or Darcy Tucker, to fill the centerman role.

scoringmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 03:14 PM
Lunatik*

so which of those career wingers is going to be traded to teh flames to become a centerman? a player needs to actually be a centerman to play center on a regular basis

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 03:28 PM
scoringmachine

I do not know of any good centermen that are rumored to be traded. The only one I can think of for the Flames is Martin Gelina. If anyone know of any other positions that the Flames need to fill and who they could get please let me know

scoringmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 04:41 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoringmachine View Post
I do not know of any good centermen that are rumored to be traded. The only one I can think of for the Flames is Martin Gelina. If anyone know of any other positions that the Flames need to fill and who they could get please let me know
Gelinas is not a center either he is LW... and btw Roberts is LW... Guerin is RW, Tkachuk is LW and Tucker plays both LW/RW... you are on the right track in naming wingers because the biggest weakness on this team besides intagibles is 2nd line RW (or LW cause Juice can be move to RW if needed)... we are deep in center and do not need another center... we need a 2nd line winger

Old
02-18-2007, 04:56 PM
Mizral

No, I don't think they need to.

They could, but they don't need to.

Stuart and Conroy are both two great additions that will add a lot to the playoff success of the Flames. I would like to see the Flames pick up another vet, but at the same time, if they don't, what-evs.

Calgary is set for another good run this year, I really believe that. I still feel they are the team that will come out of the West - but it's vey close. The lineup is solid top to bottom I think.

Mizral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 05:11 PM
FreshClean

lol this thread just makes me laugh...i feel all warm inside.

As for the trade, I dont see anything else major (like a 2nd liner) happening with the Flames. I just don't see what they could move that won't hurt them too much. With rental player's prices escalating sooo much I can't see it happen. Best bet is Roberts/Gelinas but word is Roberts wants TO/OTT and I havent heard of Gelinas being on the block.

The problem is that big trades happened too early and set a precedent on deadline trades. Now every GM will put their rental on the block and wait for teams to bid like heck for two weeks until they get what they want. I don't see anything else happening...stick Moss in there and roll with the punches.

FreshClean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 05:20 PM
Dogbert*

Send a message via MSN to Dogbert*
Langkow, Conroy, Lombardi, Yelle, Primeau... why do we need another centre again?

A depth defenseman would be nice, but otherwise, our major moves have been made.

Dogbert* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 07:02 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogbert View Post
Langkow, Conroy, Lombardi, Yelle, Primeau... why do we need another centre again?

A depth defenseman would be nice, but otherwise, our major moves have been made.
oh i agree that we are probably done... we are more than set at center... and i think up front we look pretty good and we have alot of depth... i think another top 6 winger would be great but i'm smart enough to know that's a pipe dream... i think Sutter is happy with our defensive depth as well since we have Richie Regehr & Brad Ference as our 8-9 guys... i think it would be nice to add another vet but i dont think we will be acquiring another as more teams need it worse than us and they will be more desperate to get it

Old
02-18-2007, 07:10 PM
farzamk*

Send a message via MSN to farzamk* Send a message via Yahoo to farzamk*
flames have traded so much, and i think they got the better part of the deal both times.

stuart and primeau great additions.

conroy huge addition.

farzamk* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 12:40 PM
OilKiller

Flames need an upgrade on RW. Murray out of Boston is rumoured to be on the block. He would be perfect. Not sure about salary cap implications (not my thing), but Glenn Murray would make the Flames top 6 pretty scary.

OilKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 01:21 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilKiller View Post
Flames need an upgrade on RW. Murray out of Boston is rumoured to be on the block. He would be perfect. Not sure about salary cap implications (not my thing), but Glenn Murray would make the Flames top 6 pretty scary.
murray has a cap hit of 4.15 million with 2 more seasons remaining on his contract... the flames top 6 is pretty damn good... we are top 10 in goals for and goals against... Nashville is the only team in the NHL that scores more than us and allows less than us... the Flames need to work on playing with emotion every night... they need to learn to play with heart... and they need to learn to clear their defensive zone... if they can do these things... especially the latter... they will be one of the most scary teams in the NHL

Old
02-19-2007, 01:23 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
the Flames need to work on playing with emotion every night... they need to learn to play with heart... and they need to learn to clear their defensive zone... if they can do these things... especially the latter... they will be one of the most scary teams in the NHL

Agreed!

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 03:19 PM
OilKiller

Quote:
murray has a cap hit of 4.15 million with 2 more seasons remaining on his contract... the flames top 6 is pretty damn good...
Yeah...so good that they sit 8th in the West.

Old
02-21-2007, 03:37 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Yeah...so good that they sit 8th in the West.
the problem isnt offense because as you can see they are still scoring goals... the problem is the defensemen.backcheckers and a lack of heart... and Murray would not be a help to any of those areas

Old
02-21-2007, 08:32 PM
Cactus Jack

Send a message via MSN to Cactus Jack
I may be wrong, but I think I heard Peter Maher say on the radio a few days ago that Regehr 2.0 is still recovering from the concussion and maybe a while. I don't check Omaha stats often, but is this true? Regardless, I've been out the get-a-similar-player-to-Aaron-Miller-or-just-Aaron-Miller thread for weeks. He's what they need, steady, responsible, a vet, and a right handed shot.....Warrener is far too brittle and is horrid defensively lately.

Cactus Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 10:39 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus Jack View Post
I may be wrong, but I think I heard Peter Maher say on the radio a few days ago that Regehr 2.0 is still recovering from the concussion and maybe a while. I don't check Omaha stats often, but is this true? Regardless, I've been out the get-a-similar-player-to-Aaron-Miller-or-just-Aaron-Miller thread for weeks. He's what they need, steady, responsible, a vet, and a right handed shot.....Warrener is far too brittle and is horrid defensively lately.
yeah baby Regehr is still out... but he took part in teh flames skills competition and won teh most accurate shooter... so at the very least he's able to work out some

Old
02-22-2007, 12:37 PM
OilKiller

Quote:
the problem isnt offense because as you can see they are still scoring goals... the problem is the defensemen.backcheckers and a lack of heart... and Murray would not be a help to any of those areas
Yes, I realize this, but it would seem this year the Flames are more interested in offense. If they are going to play that poorly defensively and be in games where 12 or more goals are scored, it would be nice to have someone who could help in that department...

Obviously the point of my post is I still think that even when the Flames are playing their best and are tight defensively and Kipper is on his game, they are still a top 6 RW away from being an elite team. That was the point I was trying to make.

Old
02-22-2007, 02:18 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Yes, I realize this, but it would seem this year the Flames are more interested in offense. If they are going to play that poorly defensively and be in games where 12 or more goals are scored, it would be nice to have someone who could help in that department...

Obviously the point of my post is I still think that even when the Flames are playing their best and are tight defensively and Kipper is on his game, they are still a top 6 RW away from being an elite team. That was the point I was trying to make.
i dont think thats true... they are a top 6 away from being one of the 3 in scoring... but this team should be an elite team now... last i looked (its been about a week) there was only 1 team in the NHL that had scored more and allowed fewer goals than the flames... you don't pull that off without being an elite team... what they need is to get their **** together and start clearing the defensive zone and play a full 60 minutes... if anything they need to acquire a veteran who could light a fire under their collective *****... a natural leader and a guy who would speak his mind in the dressing room... not another nice guy that is afraid to upset the balance in teh room (i'm talking about Conroy)... if the Flames are going to make a deal they need to get someone like Owen Nolan

Old
02-22-2007, 02:19 PM
Lexicon

vCash: 50
If your willing to pay, Yanic Perrault.

Lexicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2007, 02:19 PM
Lunatik*

Quote: