HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT-Nashville Info

Old
02-20-2007, 04:06 PM
PJGooch

vCash: 500
I'm an Islanders fan coming down to Nashville this weekend for an annual college reunion -- we will be at the Preds-Wings game Saturday night and I wanted to throw out a couple of questions.

We're staying downtown and don't plan on using a car at any point, so I guess we're confining ourselves to the downtown area for the weekend. Anyway, what are some good Happy Hour spots to hit up for Friday night? And where does the Predators crowd go for a few drinks before the game?

Should be a great game and am looking forward to getting a feel for Nashville and the game-night crowd. Last year we went to Dallas and had a great time, and I was really impressed with the Stars fans. From what I can tell Nashville should be just as enjoyable.

PJGooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 08:33 PM
CandyDelNOmore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJGooch View Post
I'm an Islanders fan coming down to Nashville this weekend for an annual college reunion -- we will be at the Preds-Wings game Saturday night and I wanted to throw out a couple of questions.

We're staying downtown and don't plan on using a car at any point, so I guess we're confining ourselves to the downtown area for the weekend. Anyway, what are some good Happy Hour spots to hit up for Friday night? And where does the Predators crowd go for a few drinks before the game?

Should be a great game and am looking forward to getting a feel for Nashville and the game-night crowd. Last year we went to Dallas and had a great time, and I was really impressed with the Stars fans. From what I can tell Nashville should be just as enjoyable.
I will be in Nashville myself Friday-Sunday for the Preds game on Saturday night. A friend and I are driving up from Chattanooga, and we'll be hitting up the bars around the arena on Friday and Saturday night after the game. I was wondering what are some of the best bars, pubs, etc. to hit up? I've been to a few but that was years ago before a Titans game. Usually when we go to Preds games(my girlfriend and I, and some friends average 10-12 games a year) we drive home after the game since it's only about an hour and a half back to Chattanooga. If anyone has ever been to the Jack Daniel's Old No.7 club inside the arena before the game, can you tell me what to expect? What's it like? My girlfriend got me seats on the glass for Christmas, which is the greatest single thing I've got and first time on the glass too. Usually when I go to games it's upper level, or at the most, second level, and maybe once a year lower bowl, but never glass. Any input you guys could give me would be greatly apprecited!! GO PREDS GO!!

CandyDelNOmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 11:14 PM
Radulov for Czar*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyDelNOmore View Post
I will be in Nashville myself Friday-Sunday for the Preds game on Saturday night. A friend and I are driving up from Chattanooga, and we'll be hitting up the bars around the arena on Friday and Saturday night after the game. I was wondering what are some of the best bars, pubs, etc. to hit up? I've been to a few but that was years ago before a Titans game. Usually when we go to Preds games(my girlfriend and I, and some friends average 10-12 games a year) we drive home after the game since it's only about an hour and a half back to Chattanooga. If anyone has ever been to the Jack Daniel's Old No.7 club inside the arena before the game, can you tell me what to expect? What's it like? My girlfriend got me seats on the glass for Christmas, which is the greatest single thing I've got and first time on the glass too. Usually when I go to games it's upper level, or at the most, second level, and maybe once a year lower bowl, but never glass. Any input you guys could give me would be greatly apprecited!! GO PREDS GO!!

Trade your tickets for some club level seats. Sitting on the glass is terrible.

Radulov for Czar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 11:32 PM
CandyDelNOmore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesey View Post
Trade your tickets for some club level seats. Sitting on the glass is terrible.

No way!! I have waited since the age of 11 to finally get a chance to sit on the glass at an NHL game. It may be terrible, I'll find that out, but I wouldn't trade this chance for anything.

Old
02-20-2007, 11:37 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyDelNOmore View Post
No way!! I have waited since the age of 11 to finally get a chance to sit on the glass at an NHL game. It may be terrible, I'll find that out, but I wouldn't trade this chance for anything.
the thing that stinks about it is that when play is at the other end of the ice, all you can do is watch on the jumbotron. you simply can't see the other end.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 11:48 PM
CandyDelNOmore

I figured that to begin with. I think the best seats at the GEC are second level club/suite level. I have just always wanted to sit down there not the view but for the atmosphere and being that close to the ice and the action.

Old
02-21-2007, 12:22 AM
Radulov for Czar*

Enjoy the game, I may try and make it out to another game this season.

Radulov for Czar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 09:42 AM
SharkGirl27

Send a message via AIM to SharkGirl27
I just wanted to thank you guys for all your help. If the general population of people in Nashville are as cool as y'all when I visit, I think my mind has been made up.

Two more questions though.
1. How is the job market down there?
2. Do you guys think it will be tough to get playoff tickets, should my trip down coincide with a playoff game?

SharkGirl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 11:03 AM
RaiderDoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABSoluteDMB11 View Post
I just wanted to thank you guys for all your help. If the general population of people in Nashville are as cool as y'all when I visit, I think my mind has been made up.

Two more questions though.
1. How is the job market down there?
2. Do you guys think it will be tough to get playoff tickets, should my trip down coincide with a playoff game?
1. Depends on what you do.

2. Maybe. The first year we were in the playoffs, tickets were tough to come by, but that was vs. Detroit. Last year, vs. San Jose, we had trouble selling out. You'll probably be able to get some if you buy them soon after they go onsale, but i dont think we'll have trouble selling out the closer it gets to gametime.

RaiderDoug is offline   Reply With Quote