HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Proposal: Joffrey Lupul to Toronto

Old
02-18-2007, 08:29 PM
Lexicon

vCash: 500
Proposal: Joffrey Lupul to Toronto

Hi Edmonton fans. Just so you know, Edmonton is tied for my second favourite hockey team (with Calgary, ironic )

I want to know what Edmonton wants for Lupul. Toronto needs a good winger, and I think he could play better in Toronto. Lupul is not playing well in Edmonton, as he can't adjust to the different games that Anaheim and Edmonton play. His measly 15 goals and 8 assists are evidence of this, as is his -16 rating.
As the Oilers will most likely not make the playoffs this season, they will most likely be sellers. So, here is my proposal.

Leafs: Lupul
Oilers: 1st rounder, Suglobov, Harrison, Kilger

Basically the Oil get a first rounder and a bunch of prospects. Kilger (22 pts) is a good 3rd/4th liner with a great, clean hit. Suglobov has had back luck with Toronto, and like Lupul may change his luck in the West. Harrison will develop into a solid defenceman and is a great player.

Lexicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 08:34 PM
MinnesotaFats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsfanforever View Post
Hi Edmonton fans. Just so you know, Edmonton is tied for my second favourite hockey team (with Calgary, ironic )

I want to know what Edmonton wants for Lupul. Toronto needs a good winger, and I think he could play better in Toronto. Lupul is not playing well in Edmonton, as he can't adjust to the different games that Anaheim and Edmonton play. His measly 15 goals and 8 assists are evidence of this, as is his -16 rating.
As the Oilers will most likely not make the playoffs this season, they will most likely be sellers. So, here is my proposal.

Basically the Oil get a first rounder and a bunch of prospects. Kilger (22 pts) is a good 3rd/4th liner with a great, clean hit. Suglobov has had back luck with Toronto, and like Lupul may change his luck in the West. Harrison will develop into a solid defenceman and is a great player.
NO!

Start with Steen and we'll talk.

MinnesotaFats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 08:38 PM
Lexicon

Lupul for Steen straight up then.

Lexicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 08:38 PM
jcoldwell

So let me see, 3 scrubs and a 1st rounder that KLowe will screw up for Lupul, no thanks.

Start with Steen + and then maybe we will listen.

jcoldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 09:47 PM
smytty's mullet

yeah, we need chad kilger back here. maybe you guys could make a play for brad invisibister and throw him in the deal as well. we love big, lazy 1st round busts here.

smytty's mullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 09:54 PM
Rin

Wasn't Suglobov recently on waivers?

Rin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 10:00 PM
Nols

How bout Sykora and not Lupul?

Nols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 10:07 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 50
Quote:

R U trying to get hurt??

Kilgar--been there done that
Slug?? on waivers awhile ago
HArrison?--Come on

Lupul for a first is what the offer in

no thanks

is it just me or do leaf fans think the oilers are trying to give Lupul away

I think the oilers would rather go down with a guy who could score 40---then with a first rounder, 2 guys who can not make the leafs and a guy who already got ran out of Edmonton once

Heaven wont take me and hell is afraid I'd take 0ver
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 11:13 PM
BleedOil83

Quote:
Originally Posted by smytty's mullet View Post
yeah, we need chad kilger back here. maybe you guys could make a play for brad invisibister and throw him in the deal as well. we love big, lazy 1st round busts here.
You know, Kilger wouldn't be a bad addition to this team....

If we were going to make the playoffs, and only had to give up a 3rd rounder, and if he's a UFA next year.

I'm being serious though, he would honestly be a good addition to the team. He'd be more useful than Sykora is right now, sadly enough.

BleedOil83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 11:14 PM
BleedOil83

Quote:
Originally Posted by graveyardshift View Post

is it just me or do leaf fans think the oilers are trying to give Lupul away
Everyone thinks we're trying to give Lupul and Torres away. It's the "in" thing.

BleedOil83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 11:14 PM
dreamshake

Quote:

suck my suglobov.

dreamshake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 11:16 PM
smytty's mullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedOil83 View Post
I'm being serious though, he would honestly be a good addition to the team. He'd be more useful than Sykora is right now, sadly enough.
maybe...when he came here the first time some people still had hope that he could be what he was supposed to be coming out of junior. at this point it's clear he's found his role as a 4th liner who is never going to develop to be the scorer that he was supposed to be.

smytty's mullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 12:19 AM
djmarcopolo

lupul is only 22.

djmarcopolo is offline   Reply With Quote