HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

GDT: Coyotes @ Predators - 2.19.07 (El Presidente edt.)

Old
02-19-2007, 07:31 PM
DrCrane

vCash: 500
Forsberg had 5 shots on goal and 4 shots missed. Usually he doesn't shot the puck that much so I assume he wanted his first Predator goal pretty bad tonight.

DrCrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 07:37 PM
jstreet

vCash: 50
I had to step away, glad to see that we won though.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 07:47 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

wow, almost 16K there tonight, pleasant surprise.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 07:54 PM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 291
The weekly "Lets crap on Forsberg" threads are already up on the NHL board. Seriously disgusting.

The Kingslayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 08:05 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

to quote The Who ... "The Kids Are Alright"

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 08:07 PM
Testify

Well 0 point in 2gp..

preds got robbed in that trade!! Forsberg is useless

Plz read this msg with your irony glasses

Testify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 09:03 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

It really sounded like the team is starting to gel offensively again. The addition of Forsberg opens up our lines.......This could be a very entertaining stretch run.

02-19-2007, 09:08 PM
vopatsrash

just returned from the gec. good crowd. much improved from the MLK day crowd. Hartnell was awesome. great moment on the second goal. Classic Bull.

I was on the attack once side, so I only got one period of Forsberg in front of me. That line was defintely better than Saturday night, but you can still see all 3 of them putting (nice) passes where no one is and Forsberg still missed a couple of possible breakouts because he doesn't seem to be used to our 2 line pass, try to spring the breakaway style. They were much more dangerous tonight, but it still felt a little mismatched stylistically.

I will say this, if they get it together they will create some beautiful and stunning goals. You can even see the brilliance of Forsberg just in his ideas that don't work.

I came away from the game thinking Kariya and Forsberg might work well together and better with a Hartnell or Dumont than Erat. There are too many times when they're running into each other because they all play by the boards or behind the net. I don't know if Erat would work with Legwand-Radulov, but Hartnell could score 30+ easily by just putting his stick down on a line with Forsberg/Kariya.

vopatsrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 09:28 PM
Jarnberg

Man, the Forsberg line played about just as good as you can without getting a point. Everytime they stepped onto the ice something good happened. They easily could have had about 4 goals, with a ton of very, very close chances. The puck found its way onto Forsberg's stick alot.

He is awesome on the PP too. He tries to take people on and provides a totally new element to our team.

He really is a treat to watch. I don't even care that he didn't get a point tonight. The line played awesome, especially considering that they haven't even had a full practice together.

Our depth really showed tonight. Just when you think you shut down the Forsberg line, Arnott and company come flying back at you. Then the Legwand line comes out. The 3 line attack was effective, finally.

I can't wait to see what happens when Forsberg is able to have a few practices with his line. I still think he might be more effective with Dumont and Sullivan, but his line looked awesome tonight. What I liked about the Kariya-Forsberg-Erat line was the fact that it was a puck possession line. Almost all the chances were created working the puck around in the Coyotes zone. Not the same counter attack offense that we've been using alot (which ended up being effective however, all 4 goals were counter attack goals).

Vokoun played pretty solid; he saved a bunch of screen shots.

Great effort by the offense and heavily improved from what I saw on Friday (and read about on Saturday).

Some tough games coming up, hopefully this breathes more confidence in the team.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 10:31 PM
Crazyhorse

Upshall with another two point. Philly clearly was the winner of the trade.

Seriously, it sounds good. You don't win games and cups by having one decent line. Depth wins championships.

Crazyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 10:46 PM
PredDave

From ESPN.COM recap:

"Jovanovski left the ice at 14:01 of the third period after taking a puck to the collarbone. He is scheduled for an MRI on Tuesday in Phoenix."

=========================================

I saw JovoCop go down to the ice, but I thought he was slashed in the neck on Paul Kariya's follow-through. I hope he's alright... I hate to see anyone get seriously injured.

PredDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 10:48 PM
PredDave

Attendance 15,862 at Gaylord Entertainment Center

That's 92.7% full on a Monday at 5pm. I'm really impressed...

PredDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 11:32 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice berg slim View Post
The weekly "Lets crap on Forsberg" threads are already up on the NHL board. Seriously disgusting.
They go perfectly with the "Lets crap on Nashville" threads.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 11:33 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
It really sounded like the team is starting to gel offensively again. The addition of Forsberg opens up our lines.......This could be a very entertaining stretch run.
Agreed, and even read a quote from Hartnell saying he's glad that Leggy is on the 3rd line again getting him the puck.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 12:00 AM
irisheyes555

my $0.02 from the game:

good gate considering it was a 5pm game on a quasi-holiday. wish it was a sellout, but a weekday against a cellar-dwellar. seemed that there were a lot of no-shows. parking was a little more difficult than usual, but i'm sure that was partly due to the work crowd still not having left for home. (as a side note it looks like one of the new construction projects is a parking garage-behind the CMHoF). i initially sat with a couple of guys who seemed relatively new(which is good). tried to explain no-goalie zone, icing, penalty shot, delay of game, etc... one guy told me his other game was the recent kings game(nothing like having a new guy attend a craptastic exhibition of what we are trying to sell). told them we have a good record when i attend so take heart(now @ 5-0-1 this year). moved down a little afterward when my friend said he had some open seats next to them.

preds had a lot of energy in the 1st and 2nd(not quite as much in the 3rd when they were cruising-no tacos). several good chances even if they didn't go in(ding goes the post). skated good and mostly the passes were good. didn't give up to many odd-man rushes and vokie looked good when we did. vokies only goal was on a shot from the blue line that was redirected around the dot. we had a few of these tonight's but none of them found the nylon.

god, somebody please tell our PP to just shoot once-and-awhile. not that the passing isn't good, but i just watched as the yotes packed it in deep knowing we were trying the little cross-crease pass. we have got to take some outside shots just to keep them honest(i.e. screening the keeper).

foppa looked better tonight. thought it was him on the breakaway(PS) due to the angle(twisted torso going away looked like a 21-71 dumont). stilll needs a little time to jell with PK and ME. was really hoping they would put him on the 2nd or 3rd line to get some easy pts and get him up to speed. at least leggy is benefiting from foppas learning curve.

hartnell was the man. i really hope we have to room to sign everyone, but i know we won't. between kariya and harts that is bad enough, but given everyone else and the pipe dream that is foppa i know somebody is testing the waters. i think harts would probably be the best value of everyone.

lines at the concessions were bad(i think they were understaffed due to our previous weekday draws). good problem to have i guess. lovely guy who tries to by beer w/o any ID.

sorry about some of the GDT inaccuracies, but limited coverage by the rags both in nashville and phoenix didn't let me know that cujo or kimo were playing.

Last edited by irisheyes555: 02-20-2007 at 12:06 AM.
irisheyes555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 02:32 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Good win. I figured it was a must win for both teams, but in entirely different reasons. We had to have this win to get back on top, get guys going again and start playing the way we had been. Phoenix needed a win to end a 5 game losing streak and to have any shot at all at making a run just to get to the playoffs.

Cujo saved the Coyotes. If not for him, we could have had about 3-4 more goals.

Forsberg should have broken his own record tonight with the passes he made for Erat/Kariya. But even w/out points that line must have created at least 2-3 chances every time they were on the ice. It was awesome.

Preds came out strong, right from the beginning. They really controlled the play all night long. Really the whole team looked 100% better than Saturday night. Great effort by everyone. They really tried to get Hartnell his HT and were trying pretty hard to get Forsberg his first point. Weber had a great game.

Got a scare from Hartnell. He blocked a shot in the lower leg/ankle area and had to crawl to the bench and some teammates had to pull him onto the bench. He was doubled over and then hopped down the hallway to the lockerroom. But, he came back out a few minutes later, skated around and took his next shift.

Trotz said in his press conf. that Vish. took a shot in the knee and it was swollen a little. He should be OK by Thursday.

And the Dixie Flyers were like rock stars! One of the Flyers son was out there and my Dad was talking to him and he said the Flyers had gotten together Sunday night and were telling stories all night long, just having a great time. They said they were worried that no one was going to remember them or want their autographs. Well, the line for autographs was like the lines at the Meet the Team party!

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 04:34 AM
OpenWheel

I can follow the game better when it's Pete and Crispy on the radio instead of Gold and Daunic. The other night I heard Eli saying "long pass out of the zone, intercepted, pass over to the right side, turnover, Predators bring it in" and I realized four guys had touched the puck and I didn't know a single name. Pete Weber usually gets most of them in there.

I'm sorry but I had to laugh hard after Forsberg threaded a nice pass that Kariya couldn't finish. Crispy: "There's only two hockey players who could've made that pass! And one of them is retired... Forsberg's still playing, but I'm retired..."

I was thinking that it sure sounded as if the Legward-Hartnell pairing was opening up some space, since they sounded active. Glad to hear Hartnell say that he likes playing with Legwand again since Leggy "really opens up the ice" for him. Which is why many here had been saying that line needed a center.

What's Radu doing these days. I think he played ten minutes but had zero shots. I heard his name just once when Leggy fed Hartnell who was stopped, Leggy got the rebound and missed, and then Radulov regained the puck briefly.

Good job Predators! Hope they keep it going. As Kariya said afterwards, this win-one-lose-one stuff isn't good enough heading into the playoffs.

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 06:50 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

The top line was really dominate although they didn't score, 9 shots on goal from the group and a number of other really good chances. When that line breaks loose, watch out, they'll score in bunches. I'd like to know zone time when that line was out.

triggrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 09:30 AM
jstreet

well hopefully, adding Forsberg will boost Hartnell's production even if they never play on a line together.

"It is always nice to get the puck in the net," Hartnell said. "I hadn't scored in nine games. It was a big relief."

Hartnell credited the return of David Legwand to center the third line as one of the keys to his success.

"David opens up a lot of ice for you," Hartnell said. "He skates so hard and skates so well. He can put the puck on your tape, too. I'm happy to be back with him."

ARTICLE

Old
02-20-2007, 09:39 AM
Jarnberg

Radulov and Hartnell got the benefit of playing with a quality center finally.

Our 3 lines are awesome now. If a team tries to shut down line 1 then we throw out the Arnott Sullivan and Dumont line. If you try to shut them down we throw at you Legwand Hartnell and Radulov. And if you shut down that line, well we take it on the cheek and then Tootoo and Hordichuk beat you up

This depth is going to be crucial in the playoffs.

Old
02-20-2007, 10:02 AM
Jarnberg

Also, I think one of my favorite moments of the game was the crowd booing Dave the Horn guy. All I heard was booo and then DROP THE PUCK.

Old
02-20-2007, 10:30 AM
Nordic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Also, I think one of my favorite moments of the game was the crowd booing Dave the Horn guy. All I heard was booo and then DROP THE PUCK.

That equates in to a pretty boring game, huh`?

Nordic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 10:31 AM
Radulov for Czar*

ho hum. another 2 points.

anyways, glad to get back on the winning side of things, maybe we can get 2 in a row?

Radulov for Czar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 10:47 AM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilros View Post
That equates in to a pretty boring game, huh`?
Sigh

Old
02-20-2007, 11:09 AM
jstreet

Ive seen Dave The Horn Guy beforem I thought it was pretty neat, would have been better for intermission entertainment though.