HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Zach Hyman

Old
11-28-2010, 02:18 PM
pckstpr31

vCash: 500
Zach Hyman

Anyone know anything about this kid? Looking at the 2010 draft prospects points someone just posted by seachd, it has him at 52 points in 21 games! It is in the OJHL, and I'm not sure how hard of a league that is to play in, but still thats pretty impressive. Did Florida maybe get someone worth looking at?

pckstpr31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 05:44 PM
Dempsey

I've seen him play a few times this year. He's got a good frame at 6'2" and excellent speed and puck skills. He's a dynamic player with the puck on his stick, and seems like a great on-ice leader. In fact he was the youngest captain in the OJHL last year and was also one of the younger players in the draft. But he is obviously doing it in a lower league and will have his doubters.

Next year he'll be at Princeton so we'll get a better idea of his abilities, but he is pretty much doing everything expected of him and then some, so far.

Dempsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 05:52 PM
Stealth JD
Drexel's dead!!!

His nickname wouldn't happen to be "Buster", would it?

Stealth JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 06:44 PM
Dread Clawz
fmrly MarkstromRules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth JD View Post
If I had a nickel for everytime I've heard that already....

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth JD View Post
zzzzzzzzzzing!!!!

71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 07:56 PM
Dempsey

Hyman had a 4 goal game tonight

Old
11-28-2010, 09:05 PM
Garyboy

The OP is a pretty weak league. What were his stats at the Jr A Challenge?

Garyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 09:48 PM
gorbs27

Well you can't really tell the story by stats, so those folks who saw the tournament can shed light on that.

Hyman had 2 goals and 3 assists in 5 games. Here's how each game went for him...

USA 6 Canada East 1 (pre-lim) - Hyman had a power play assist.
Canada East 6 Sweden 2 (pre-lim) - Hyman had a power play goal and power play assist.
Canada East 4 Russia 3 (Quarter-final) - Hyman had a goal.
Canada East 4 Switzerland 2 (Semi-final) - Hyman had an assist.
USA 6 Canada East 4 (Final) - Hyman didn't register a point.

I would like to have seen some of the action, but unfortunately that didn't happen. Anyone who watched some of this tournament care to weigh in on how Hyman looked?

gorbs27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 10:47 PM
Rookie Chargers

Send a message via ICQ to Rookie Chargers
He has a good head on his shoulders. I think it was said he was the smartest kid in the draft or is it Hamilton I am thinking of?

I wonder what fuelled this thread. If it's what I think it was then a little bit more reading would provide an answer.

Rookie Chargers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 11:07 PM
PanthersRule96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie Chargers View Post
He has a good head on his shoulders. I think it was said he was the smartest kid in the draft or is it Hamilton I am thinking of?

I wonder what fuelled this thread. If it's what I think it was then a little bit more reading would provide an answer.
haha nice post, he's had an interesting situation around him to say the least. hopefully he has the skills to prove any doubters wrong.

PanthersRule96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 11:36 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

That's an unfortunate last name.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 02:21 PM
james30

if you google his name there is a great article about him by the torontostar.com. "How a dad with NHL dreams bankrolled a hockey empire".

james30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 04:58 PM
Garyboy

Yeah, his dad is the owner of the Hamilton Red Wings amongst numerous GTHL teams, and a Mississauga football team.

Does anyone know where Hyman is slated for next year? A D1 scholarship? The AHL?

Old
11-29-2010, 05:54 PM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyboy View Post
Yeah, his dad is the owner of the Hamilton Red Wings amongst numerous GTHL teams, and a Mississauga football team.

Does anyone know where Hyman is slated for next year? A D1 scholarship? The AHL?
Going to play for Princeton

Blad Meaning Gud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 06:36 PM
pckstpr31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie Chargers View Post

Thanks for the info guys, I honestly just posted this because I saw his name and stats in the thing posted by seachd and thought his stats were pretty ridiculous.

pckstpr31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 06:48 PM
Tigers1992

Quote:

And recently bought ISS before his draft year, which has effected the covered of the OHL draft significantly

Ill say this, I believe that Hyman was drafted of his own merit, its just a shame that the cloud of his fathers actions follow him.

Tigers1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 08:25 PM
Garyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers1992 View Post
And recently bought ISS before his draft year, which has effected the covered of the OHL draft significantly

Ill say this, I believe that Hyman was drafted of his own merit, its just a shame that the cloud of his fathers actions follow him.
Wow. I didn't know he bought the ISS. Thanks. I feel for his son Zach, after a purchase like that. Definitely has conflict of interest written all over it.

Gudbransson4prez, thanks for letting me know he'll be at Princeton.

Old
11-29-2010, 08:29 PM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

Quote:
Wow. I didn't know he bought the ISS. Thanks. I feel for his son Zach, after a purchase like that. Definitely has conflict of interest written all over it.

No prob

Blad Meaning Gud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 09:13 PM
Tigers1992

Quote:

Previously ISS had a dedicated scout at minor midget every tournament, since then, I have not seen one. Im not sure how they come up with their OHL Draft rankings now.

Last edited by Tigers1992: 11-29-2010 at 09:47 PM.
Tigers1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 09:37 PM
Laus723
Future Now

I think there's a few of us who wonder if poppa will buy the Panthers when he joins the team. Would certainly be an owner who wants to put money into the franchise. (Unlike our last owner)

11-29-2010, 09:47 PM
Garyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers1992 View Post
Previously ISS had a dedicated scout at minor midget every tournament, since then, I have not seen one. Im not sure how they come up with their rankings now.
Bizarre. Minor Midget AAA (we'll, the elite teams) is better hockey than the OPJHL. Would be interesting to hear his logic behind buying the ISS and why he decided to stop sending scout to the minor midget showcase tourneys.

Old
11-30-2010, 01:48 AM
SeenSchenn2
Have Faith GLG

Went to school with Hyman,
Very determined. Good hands, decent defensively(he'll get better obv).

Could very well be a steal in that draft.

SeenSchenn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2010, 12:47 AM
pantherfanz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeenSchenn2 View Post
Went to school with Hyman,
Very determined. Good hands, decent defensively(he'll get better obv).

Could very well be a steal in that draft.
Ya I agree Zach Hyman is sick. I watch a lot of his games and am a HUGE fan. He is averaging over 2.5 points a game. Has 63 pts (27g) in only 25 games. The OJHL is a way underated league. Looking at the results of the World Jr A Challenge and the CJHL Prospect game the West (BCHL, AJHL) gets more credit than OJHL or CJHL but the East is stronger.

Hyman was a steal at #123. He is a sniper, and has moves that make a goalie look stupid. Also he plays both ends of the ice. Always hustling never quits. He has NHL written all over him.
I bet he will be a stud for the Panthers when they call him up. Just a dominant player with real good hockey sense. Also a powerful skater and a monster on the boards. He is not afraid to muck it up or grind in the corners. Some guys with his kind of talent shy away from the corners but not Hyman. One game I saw him level a kid with one punch and I think he knocked the guys teeth out cuz there was blood everywhere so he's real strong and impossible to move from in front of the net.

Its too bad he cant play in the O and go to NCAA. I am sure he would dominate in Major Jr but then hey if he played in the O he would've been a high draft pick but playing in tier 2 he went undeer the radar and this way the Panthers scored big.

pantherfanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2010, 02:09 PM
Dempsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantherfanz View Post
He is not afraid to muck it up or grind in the corners. Some guys with his kind of talent shy away from the corners but not Hyman. One game I saw him level a kid with one punch and I think he knocked the guys teeth out cuz there was blood everywhere so he's real strong and impossible to move from in front of the net.
I haven't seen that intensity out of him in the times I've seen him play live this season. I've never seen him get mad, always minds his business after the whistles.

That said, he mas supreme skills against his OJHL competition. I'm really looking forward to seeing Hyman play in university next season. He's improving so fast and was one of the younger players in the 2010 draft, I think he will do great at the next level.

Old
01-16-2011, 06:25 AM
pantherfanz

Quote:
Originally Posted by pckstpr31 View Post
Anyone know anything about this kid? Looking at the 2010 draft prospects points someone just posted by seachd, it has him at 52 points in 21 games! It is in the OJHL, and I'm not sure how hard of a league that is to play in, but still thats pretty impressive. Did Florida maybe get someone worth looking at?
7 point night for Zach Hyman yesterday. 4 goals 3 apples. Now has 84 points in only 33 games.

pantherfanz is offline   Reply With Quote