HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Offical Prucha Power Game Day Thread 2/20/07 Nyr @ Njd

Old
02-20-2007, 03:59 PM
Evgeny Oliker

vCash: 674

I think someone else kind of touched on this already:

The Devils WIN by getting a lead and then playing D to keep the lead and convert on turnovers.

The way to BEAT the Devils is to get a lead...they do not like having to come back from behind because then they are the ones who actually have to open up their game. Their loss to Pitt last Friday showed this clearly...Pitt got a 3-0 lead and never looked back.

So, the key:
Score first!
Score often!

Evgeny Oliker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 04:01 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

vCash: 500
We are going to get ABUSED!

We definitely need secondary scoring if we even want to think about winning this game because Jagrs line will be shut down all night.

And we need Lundqvist to play amazing because Marty won't give up more then 2 goals.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 04:02 PM
JamesG1221

I'm not saying the Devils series isn't important, I'm only addressing the setiments that this week is a make or break for the playoffs.

I gotcha. It would just be nice to see them keep pace by beating some of the better teams along the way.

JamesG1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 04:19 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Not sure you guys realize how important it is NOT to get swept.
---
If the Rangers want to make the playoffs theyll need somewhere around 91-94 points, with 23 games remaining.

Thats 28-31 points theyll need meaning theyll have to go around 16-7, 15-8, or 14-9 depending on help.

• A DEVILS sweep would seriously damage their chances with 21 remaining.
Theyd have to go 16-5 or 15-6.
Thats pretty tough for a very shaky team at home IMO.

• If the RANGERS sweep- Theyll need 24-27 points with 21 remaining
They'd have to go 14-7, 13-8, 12-9.

Now thats do-able!

Last edited by HockeyBasedNYC: 02-20-2007 at 04:27 PM.
HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 04:26 PM
artoor13

Anyone know if the game will be streamed somewhere on the Internet?

artoor13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 04:35 PM
WheresBarnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2forsbergaura1 View Post
I think someone else kind of touched on this already:

The Devils WIN by getting a lead and then playing D to keep the lead and convert on turnovers.

The way to BEAT the Devils is to get a lead...they do not like having to come back from behind because then they are the ones who actually have to open up their game. Their loss to Pitt last Friday showed this clearly...Pitt got a 3-0 lead and never looked back.

So, the key:
Score first!
Score often!
I think score often is your best bet, or least pressure for a full 60 minutes. While the Devils do love to sit on a lead, they also have a knack for late game came backs......the ********

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 04:54 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

A key player to the game; Marcel Hossa

Straka-Nylander-Jagr have been the most played against the devs....all 3 players soft..now you got hossa on the wing- he isn't soft at all..standing in front of that net is going to leave the debbies scrambling at times. He's also a bull along the boards.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 04:54 PM
WheresBarnaby

Any one wanna get pissed?

I got this from over on the Devils board (NOTE:this is not aimed at them, it's strickly about the link.)

"No doubt these next two games are one team trying to climb back up and another team trying to push them down," Devils coach Claude Julien said yesterday at Codey Arena in West Orange. "There's a rivalry between these two teams that has existed for years."

"It's more exciting if both teams are good. For the state of the game, it helps when your big market is healthy," Devils center Scott Gomez said. "Talk to people and it's so much better when both teams make the playoffs. Think how much excitement there was last year, and that was only the first round.

"But I can tell you this: I'd never want to see them win the Stanley Cup. I'd take any other team over them."

F Gomez !

http://www.nj.com/devils/ledger/inde...890.xml&coll=1

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 05:09 PM
Edge
Kris King's Ghost

Uphill battle with Shanahan out.

The timing of that could not have been worse and this team's lack of scoring depth (even with recent additions) is going to be a very big factor.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 05:31 PM
Anthony Mauro
DraftBuzz Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheresBarnaby View Post
I got this from over on the Devils board (NOTE:this is not aimed at them, it's strickly about the link.)

"No doubt these next two games are one team trying to climb back up and another team trying to push them down," Devils coach Claude Julien said yesterday at Codey Arena in West Orange. "There's a rivalry between these two teams that has existed for years."

"It's more exciting if both teams are good. For the state of the game, it helps when your big market is healthy," Devils center Scott Gomez said. "Talk to people and it's so much better when both teams make the playoffs. Think how much excitement there was last year, and that was only the first round.

"But I can tell you this: I'd never want to see them win the Stanley Cup. I'd take any other team over them."

F Gomez !

LMAO!! Guess who's not coming here when he's unrestricted?

TWITTER
@draftbuzzhockey
Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 05:34 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheresBarnaby View Post

F Gomez !

Hey, if I were a NJ fan and he didn't say that, id be pissed.

I NYI, NJD and Philly, thats three teams I really don't want to see win a cup. If we had a chance to send NJD out of the PO's, I would be pumped.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 05:38 PM
shoothepuck

NY needs to score early and often as mentioned, and not allow NJ to play their boring game.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 05:42 PM
fob

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2forsbergaura1 View Post
Well, I don't know which team actually "likes" having to come back from behind, but the Devils lead the league in ties in the last minute of regulation (5).

And while they did lose to the Pens, it was a 5-4 game with 10+ minutes to play.

Whether or not they're comfortable doing it is up for debate, but they're clearly capable of it.

fob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 05:44 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

The thing the Rangers need to remember is if they get an early goal they need to keep pushing, Jersey,contrary to popular belief has the ability to run the score up. So if the Rangers out work them for a FULL 60 they can take this game, if they give the Dev's the chance to set up in their zone it could spell trouble.

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 05:45 PM
Ola

Anyone know any stream?

Old
02-20-2007, 05:47 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

OLA, the only stream i'm aware of is the Radio streams, but i'm guessing your looking for a video stream and unfortunatly I cant help. BUT if you want radio streams you can go to NHL.com or www.1050espnradio.com.

Old
02-20-2007, 05:51 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

After just looking on the Devils GDT the guys over there are saying no Elias and no Gionta. I found out from a poster earlier that said Gionta is out due to a Groin, anyone know whats the deal with Elias??? No Elias so I wonder who is going to play with Gomez

Old
02-20-2007, 05:55 PM
lotus

No clue but as long as Gionta is out thats a huge ++ even more so than Eliash (i totally typoed that as Elisha the first time, eheheh) in my book. As long as our defense refuses to clear the crease, that little guy is nasty at screening. I swear he can jump 15 feet.

lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Anthony Mauro
DraftBuzz Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHenrik35 View Post
After just looking on the Devils GDT the guys over there are saying no Elias and no Gionta. I found out from a poster earlier that said Gionta is out due to a Groin, anyone know whats the deal with Elias??? No Elias so I wonder who is going to play with Gomez
Not bad, but I'm still assuming they can find a way to kick our ass.

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
VEGASRANGERFAN

Quote:
This is terrible news!

VEGASRANGERFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 05:56 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Ragazzone View Post
Not bad, but I'm still assuming they can find a way to kick our ass.
No doubt about it, but I figured I would let everyone know

LETS GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
02-20-2007, 05:59 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Doesn't make a difference. The Devils don't rely on scoring to win anyway. They rely on not giving up goals. I would much rather see Pandolfo out of the lineup than Elias.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 06:03 PM
lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
Doesn't make a difference. The Devils don't rely on scoring to win anyway. They rely on not giving up goals. I would much rather see Pandolfo out of the lineup than Elias.
I see where you're coming from but the fact of the matter is that Elias has more than just a little offensive talent. I'll take either of them out of the lineup equally though. I think they are both of huge importance to both aspects of the devils gameplan (albeit defensive minded). They still need to score, and im more so thinking that Elias just seems to be Mr.Clutch, scoring whenever the hell they need it.

lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 06:04 PM
Ola

W T F is up with these 7:30 starts??? (1:30 here in Sweden)

No stream, no 7:00 start. I am off to bed.

Keep the GDT clean, I'll rely on it tomorrow morning!

Old
02-20-2007, 06:05 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus View Post
I see where you're coming from but the fact of the matter is that Elias has more than just a little offensive talent. I'll take either of them out of the lineup equally though. I think they are both of huge importance to both aspects of their game. More so thinking that Elias just seems to be Mr.Clutch, scoring whenever the hell they need it.
If I had to pick one of those guys to be out of the lineup (Gionta or Elias) I would want Gionta out. That guy scares the crap out of me, especially on the PP with his crazy defelctions. For whatever reason, Elias doesn't scare me as much.

But like I said before, this is a defensive minded team anyway, and they'll find a way to score 1 or 2 goals no matter who is in the lineup...and that's all they need to win.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote