HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HFL Talk (Continued from the beast - part 2)

Old
04-10-2007, 08:18 PM
TMHUNH

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs View Post
just to ask in this thread - shane said teams can just pick free agents, but i was under the assumption that there's a bidding process. is there a bidding process?
check posts 910 and on in this thread.

Sarge said he agreed and we went with it. But I am fine either way.

TMHUNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2007, 08:37 PM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMHUNH View Post
check posts 910 and on in this thread.

Sarge said he agreed and we went with it. But I am fine either way.
ok - i think someone needs to tell shane in that free agent thread

neelynugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 12:15 PM
x-bob

Quick Question cause I'm getting confused

It probebly has been discussed and mentionned a hundred times or so but......which players are going to be counted against the cap? Is it only the 20 roster players? or the 23 Pro roster players?

x-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 03:44 PM
Vic Rattlehead*

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-bob View Post
Quick Question cause I'm getting confused

It probebly has been discussed and mentionned a hundred times or so but......which players are going to be counted against the cap? Is it only the 20 roster players? or the 23 Pro roster players?
Roster players. Min = 20, Max =23 I believe.

Vic Rattlehead* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 05:17 PM
TMHUNH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Rattlehead View Post
Roster players. Min = 20, Max =23 I believe.
correct

It just depends on how many you have up as far as who counts but it will be between 20-23 depending on who you have in the minors.

TMHUNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 06:49 PM
neelynugs

when are we going to start playing for real? i know we need to fill out the rosters w/minor league guys, but we should get rolling pretty soon, right? i know nothing about the "choosing a simulator" process, but maybe that should be a priority?

Old
04-13-2007, 06:57 PM
TwineTickler
TheUltimateBruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs View Post
when are we going to start playing for real? i know we need to fill out the rosters w/minor league guys, but we should get rolling pretty soon, right? i know nothing about the "choosing a simulator" process, but maybe that should be a priority?
I've been saying that for a week, so I'm with ya... the exhibition thing is great but I wanna get the real deal up and rolling. I'd like it if we could find an up to date simulator and create a league or something (not sure how this works at all) and have a site we can all access to check out whats going on, make roster adjustments if need be etc.

TwineTickler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2007, 08:35 AM
sarge88

Sorry I haven't been around - working a lot lately.

I'll be away Wednesday to Thursday late but will be back in full swing when I get back.

As for the league - on the prospect draft thread I suggested starting the pick a day in round 2.

Matt (Kaoz) is on the perpetual clock and BruinAddict is up. Check that thread for more info.

At this point I want to ask those who are tech savvy to volunteer their services to run the sim league. Maybe 3 or 4 of you can come up with which one to use etc.

Also, Matt (Kaoz) offered to set up a site just for this league, so hopefully he can be in on the discussion with TMHUNH and some others who are knowledgeable about that part of it.

I hope we can get that part set up by early May and then start the season by the middle of May.

Please chime in here with ideas.

sarge88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2007, 08:54 AM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarge88 View Post
Sorry I haven't been around - working a lot lately.

I'll be away Wednesday to Thursday late but will be back in full swing when I get back.

As for the league - on the prospect draft thread I suggested starting the pick a day in round 2.

Matt (Kaoz) is on the perpetual clock and BruinAddict is up. Check that thread for more info.

At this point I want to ask those who are tech savvy to volunteer their services to run the sim league. Maybe 3 or 4 of you can come up with which one to use etc.

Also, Matt (Kaoz) offered to set up a site just for this league, so hopefully he can be in on the discussion with TMHUNH and some others who are knowledgeable about that part of it.

I hope we can get that part set up by early May and then start the season by the middle of May.

Please chime in here with ideas.
I can have the server up in short order, with a dedicated space and access for whoever wants tp develop the site. The new baby is due in a week or so, so I've been busy renovating, but hope to have the server ready by this weekend.

One that's done, if anyone wants to send me a sample of the html output of whatever sim is being used, I can take a look. If anyone has the time to develop the site that would be great, let me know and I'll hook you up with access for the server.

I've registered a redirect (http://bbfhl.servergame.com - it was free, so beggers cant be choosers), thought it was easy, bbfhl = Boston Bruins Fantasy Hockey League, but I can change it if everyone so desires. Side note, if you go there now, you won't get anything.

If anyone wants a sample of sites run like this, I've helped setup a couple, http://fofhl.no-ip.info being one. Site is quick, easy to access, no ads, etc etc... FHLsim is the simulator used on that particular site, although I know EHM was an idea people kicked around. I'm cool with either, just wondering what the team control is like for EHM. For instance, can I change my lines before games, or do I need to send an email to the person running the sim, who then has to go in and make the changes, cause that could get very tedious.

Last edited by Kaoz: 04-17-2007 at 09:02 AM.
Kaoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2007, 11:58 AM
gurfling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
I'm cool with either, just wondering what the team control is like for EHM. For instance, can I change my lines before games, or do I need to send an email to the person running the sim, who then has to go in and make the changes, cause that could get very tedious.
I am in a couple of EHM leagues, & have been for a few years, so if you any questions, feel free to ask.

As for lines, you download the latest file, change your lines in game, confirm & save them, then send them as a file to the simmer who just uploads the file. Team control is pretty easy, if you want to download ehm to give it a try go to www.fhockey.com - just download the setup file (1.16 is the one generally used to most online leagues) & you should be good to go (you can also download a roster update in addons).

Just ask with any other questions!

gurfling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2007, 12:09 PM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurfling View Post
I am in a couple of EHM leagues, & have been for a few years, so if you any questions, feel free to ask.

As for lines, you download the latest file, change your lines in game, confirm & save them, then send them as a file to the simmer who just uploads the file. Team control is pretty easy, if you want to download ehm to give it a try go to www.fhockey.com - just download the setup file (1.16 is the one generally used to most online leagues) & you should be good to go (you can also download a roster update in addons).

Just ask with any other questions!
Excellent, sounds good to me, I was incredibly addicted to the old EHM, and played the try & buy version of the new one. I'll see if I can find some time and look at the html output just in case thats the sim we decide to go with..

I can make it a little easier on the guy who wants to do the simming by intigrating an option to upload lines. Any takers on website design?

Old
04-18-2007, 05:27 PM
x-bob

Hey whats the age that players become UFA's...?

x-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2007, 06:00 PM
13Hockey
Champs! Thank U B's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-bob View Post
Hey whats the age that players become UFA's...?
26 I believe

13Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2007, 07:07 PM
Vic Rattlehead*

Very busy today, so I'll make today's pick tomorrow, along with tomorrow's pick.

Vic Rattlehead* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2007, 06:14 PM
Bruinsyear

LOWELL LOCKOUT MONSTERS

Placing the follow players on the trade block.
Markus Naslund
Bryan McCabe

Looking for quality young player/prospect along with 2nd/3rd round prospect picks.

Shoot me a PM with offers.

Bruinsyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2007, 01:39 AM
Colt.45Orr

Geez, whodda thunk Bulis would re-invent himself as a all-around player... led ALL Canucks in icetime tonight and I just got him a day ago.

Colt.45Orr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2007, 11:35 AM
gurfling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt.45Orr View Post
Geez, whodda thunk Bulis would re-invent himself as a all-around player... led ALL Canucks in icetime tonight and I just got him a day ago.
Yeah, he is getting better.

But at the beginning of the year, he didn't deserve the ice time. He was godawful. He is playing much better, but still makes incredibly brain dead plays from time to time. He isn't getting nearly the flack he was getting earlier in the season, which is probably good. He is a solid checking forward with some wheels, with some, at times, questionable hockey sense.

gurfling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2007, 01:49 PM
doubleminor138
Call me Snake

vCash: 50
I haven't picked any free agents yet. Its just too damne dmuch to keep track of who's available and who's already been taken. If anybody has a list available to share, I'd really appreciate it.

doubleminor138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2007, 01:50 PM
13Hockey
Champs! Thank U B's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleminor138 View Post
I haven't picked any free agents yet. Its just too damne dmuch to keep track of who's available and who's already been taken. If anybody has a list available to share, I'd really appreciate it.
There is a list of all the players on page 2 of the Free Agency thread.

13Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2007, 03:26 PM
Kosikarzzz

Send a message via MSN to Kosikarzzz Send a message via Skype™ to Kosikarzzz
Please don't let the league die. What can I do to help...

Kosikarzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2007, 04:38 PM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosikarzzz View Post
our weekly plea - we need to save the HFL!

Old
06-09-2007, 11:39 AM
sarge88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosikarzzz View Post
All we really need is for someone to set up a site and choose a sim program.

sarge88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2007, 12:09 PM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarge88 View Post
All we really need is for someone to set up a site and choose a sim program.
tell yaz what, Im short on time, but ill design a basic site and host it so we can get it going. If someone can choose a sim, Ill need to know what it is and a sample of its HTML output.

Im in publihing till Wednesday or Thurs of next week, but if I get that simple I can pitter away at it and have it good to go maybe (guesstimite) 20th of this month. Let me know

Old
06-09-2007, 06:24 PM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

I'll post in this twice a day until we find out what sim we are using

These things can die easy.... long off seasons and drafts are FHL killers, since they're pretty much done we're over the hump. I dont have time to run another one though as I'm restarting an old one (no offseason, much easier, teams will start as they are next year).

So, what Sim? Someone create a poll, I only know of two available ones, FHLsim (I have a license from a retro league I used to run that I can use to make it free, ), or Eastisde (which I hear is decent for running sim leagues, no experience with it though). Any others? If not, lets poll it and see what everyone thinks.

Also, to those teams out there, if you want a nice site, hows about some logos. If we don't have logogs, it will be all text, and that doesn't look as perty.

Old
06-10-2007, 09:10 AM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

which sim, which sim? (see above )