HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bring Someone Up already!

Old
02-20-2007, 05:14 PM
JamesG1221

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by big boi View Post
That's great guys thanks. Being on the west coast we don't hear a lot of what goes on out east. Yeah, being on pace for 100pts is certainly not chopped liver.

Jagr got a bit of a reputation in Washington four pouting and not playing as hard as he could, am glad to hear that is not the case in NY.

And other than off season surgery, he's been pretty healthy...ie recovering nicely?

Cheers.

His groin/hip issues are still around but luckily while they've been present in his tenure as a Ranger they have not side lined him for any legitimate amount of time ::::knocks on wood::::

JamesG1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 05:35 PM
Fletch

Compared to last season, though...

he's about 75% the man. The numbers (or projected numbers) seem to be close to where he was last season, but he's not. His goals are down signficantly. I would say that the chances he's created is down a fair amount too, but one difference between this season and last is that Straka and Nylander have finished more of their chances (a good amount more) than last season. If Straka and Nylander were finishing last season like they are this season Jagr would've had 15-20 more points, I believe. Don't get me wrong, Jagr's still having a very good season, but it's still a bit off last season's phenomenal season. He's not as dominant and is quiet in too many games, when compared to last season. I can't help but think that the injury is partly to blame, but also other teams have figured out how to play him and aren't afraid to take him on.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 06:05 PM
JamesG1221

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
he's about 75% the man. The numbers (or projected numbers) seem to be close to where he was last season, but he's not. His goals are down signficantly. I would say that the chances he's created is down a fair amount too, but one difference between this season and last is that Straka and Nylander have finished more of their chances (a good amount more) than last season. If Straka and Nylander were finishing last season like they are this season Jagr would've had 15-20 more points, I believe. Don't get me wrong, Jagr's still having a very good season, but it's still a bit off last season's phenomenal season. He's not as dominant and is quiet in too many games, when compared to last season. I can't help but think that the injury is partly to blame, but also other teams have figured out how to play him and aren't afraid to take him on.

Great points. One thing that I recall from his Pitts days was that he was all over the ice at times. During his Ranger tenure he has seemed to really get comfortable around those right wing boards and not really stray from that spot. it's pretty predictable at this stage of the game.

JamesG1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 08:01 AM
free0717

Are you suggesting they bring up Jessiman? [/QUOTE]

I wouldnt suggest that, the Hockey rodent may write a scathing article about you.

free0717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 02:42 PM
94now

We are in playoffs push. That is not a time for rookie tryouts. The call up time is over for this season unless massive injuries force such a thing and bench (Prucha, Pock, etc.) is too short.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote