HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lineup for game..Intresting

Old
02-20-2007, 03:50 PM
Shaynsaw

vCash: 500
Lineup for game..Intresting

Thanks Dan

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=5643

Winchester, Jussi, Gilbert, and Jacques all in.

To me this confirms that Winchester and Jussi will be gone by the deadline. I imagine there will be a few scouts at the game tonight.

Wow that lineup is not pretty. Losing Stoll for the season is really going to hurt. Oh well thank god we have Rocket Petterson on the point.

Shaynsaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 03:55 PM
TowMater14

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaynsaw View Post
Thanks Dan

To me this confirms that Winchester and Jussi will be gone by the deadline. I imagine there will be a few scouts at the game tonight.

Wow that lineup is not pretty. Losing Stoll for the season is really going to hurt. Oh well thank god we have Rocket Petterson on the point.
I am not very optimistic with that lineup.

TowMater14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 03:56 PM
hockeyaddict101

Quote:
Thanks Dan

Since you beat my post by two minutes I will add that according to the Journal update Shaggy looks like he will play Thursday.

Oil drop: Defenceman Daniel Tjanqvist, who has been nursing a groin injury, has been given clearance to play again. He’s on his way from Edmonton to Ottawa and barring any setbacks will play in Columbus on Thursday

I believe they are showcasing both Jussi and Winchester.

hockeyaddict101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 03:56 PM
PuckNut

Where did you hear Stoll is gone for the season? All I've heard is he's on the IR but listed as day to day.

edit:
My mistake. Just saw the report that said he might be done for the season.

PuckNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 04:05 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

If they're going to sell, it should be Roloson that's going, and we pick up a young goalie.

That is of course, IF we're selling.

LoudmouthHemskyfan#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 04:05 PM
Mr Sakich

the season is shot, sit stoll and fernando. Ethan, take the next 8 weeks off and rest.

Lupul, time to hit the gym.

Winnie, sykora, shaggy..good luck in your new ventures.

Mr Sakich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 04:33 PM
Hemsky4PM

They haven't been winning with the line-up they have, and the injuries have basically sealed their fate. You cannot make it without Stoll, Pisani and Moreau, you just cannot.

I'm also of the mind that dealing Roloson wouldn't be the end of the world, although it would be odd to trade a player you signed to a 3 year deal and could deter future free agents, which is why it won't happen. Roloson hasn't been the problem this season and I hope the Oilers try to get a better tandem going next season with a 45-35 split. Guys I hope they look at are Backstrom, Holmqvist, Legace and Curtis Sandford.

Jussi will be gone, probably to the Vancouver Canucks. Tjarnqvist will be moved if they find a willing partner, perhaps Tampa or the Rangers (with Ozolinsh and Kasparitis gonzo) would be interested. Winchester will move to a bottom feeder like the Blues for a low pick. Sykora...could be interesting. Pittsburgh and Atlanta seem like the best bets to me.

Hemsky4PM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 04:35 PM
Master Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky4PM View Post
I'm also of the mind that dealing Roloson wouldn't be the end of the world, although it would be odd to trade a player you signed to a 3 year deal and could deter future free agents, which is why it won't happen. Roloson hasn't been the problem this season and I hope the Oilers try to get a better tandem going next season with a 45-35 split. Guys I hope they look at are Backstrom, Holmqvist, Legace and Curtis Sandford.
Backstrom, Holmqvist, Legace or Sanford?

These are not impressing me as #1 starters. Rolo is better than all four of them. I'd rather forget about the 2nd round pick and keep Rolo instead.

Master Lok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 04:36 PM
BleedingOil

Why would we trade Roloson, we just signed him to a 3 year deal in the offseason.

BleedingOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 04:37 PM
Hemsky4PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Lok View Post

These are not impressing me as #1 starters. Rolo is better than all four of them. I'd rather forget about the 2nd round pick and keep Rolo instead.
Ummm...I was suggesting them as guys who can pair with Roloson for a true split. I never claimed any of them were true starters. I'd say they're all better than Markkanen though.

Old
02-20-2007, 04:39 PM
Shaynsaw

Trade Roli..My God how short some people memories are. I never want to go back to the day have the Conklin, Morrison, and Markinen freak show. We may not have Luongo or Kipper but we have a good goalie who can win you a game. We have 2 more years to find a replacment for him.

Shaynsaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 04:40 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingOil View Post
Why would we trade Roloson, we just signed him to a 3 year deal in the offseason.
If we're selling, he's valuable right now.

By next season or the one after, he won't be.

Will he be good enough next year? Maybe...probably...but maybe not.

Old
02-20-2007, 04:40 PM
Slats432

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Lok View Post

Mason if available, Aebsicher if Halak steals his job.....there are a few goalies out there that might be decent.

And dare I say.....(Eats a slice of humble pie) JDD almost looks ready to be a back up?

Slats432 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 04:41 PM
jadeddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sakich View Post
the season is shot, sit stoll and fernando. Ethan, take the next 8 weeks off and rest.

Lupul, time to hit the gym.

Winnie, sykora, shaggy..good luck in your new ventures.
my thoughts exactly.... if stoll or pisani see the ice again this season, there is something *seriously* wrong with the oilers management and medical staff

sykora and shaggy should both be moved to whomever will take them.... winchester i actually like as a PB guy, but if he gets moved as well so be it

and yes, it is most definitely time for lupul to hit the gym, lol

jadeddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 04:41 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messier View Post
JDD almost looks ready to be a back up?
Yup. I want to see him play before the end of the year if we're not trying to win it all.

Old
02-20-2007, 04:43 PM
jadeddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1 View Post
Yup. I want to see him play before the end of the year if we're not trying to win it all.
agreed..... i think JDD deserves to be called up once jussi is traded away (like im assuming he will be) and not just sit on the bench... he should play a few games this year when it doesnt matter if we lose or not

jadeddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 04:44 PM
Walsher

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyaddict101 View Post
Since you beat my post by two minutes I will add that according to the Journal update Shaggy looks like he will play Thursday.

Oil drop: Defenceman Daniel Tjanqvist, who has been nursing a groin injury, has been given clearance to play again. He’s on his way from Edmonton to Ottawa and barring any setbacks will play in Columbus on Thursday

I believe they are showcasing both Jussi and Winchester.
Icould definitely agree with a showcasing of these two - have you seen or heard of relative worth for either guy? My thought would be mid-round pick each type of deal - what do you think?

Walsher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 04:47 PM
Hemsky4PM

They could get a 3rd for Jussi IMO, to replace the one they traded to the Isles perhaps?

Winchester...maybe a 4th...maybe a 5th...certainly not much, it will be a mercy move.

Tjarnqvist...maybe a 3rd.

There will be no shortage of work for the scouts heading into this draft.

Old
02-20-2007, 04:48 PM
JRock

Send a message via ICQ to JRock Send a message via MSN to JRock
Exactly.

Quote:
Trade Roli..My God how short some people memories are. I never want to go back to the day have the Conklin, Morrison, and Markinen freak show. We may not have Luongo or Kipper but we have a good goalie who can win you a game. We have 2 more years to find a replacment for him.
Yeah no kidding! Ditto! Some of the people really need to get a grip!

JRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 04:49 PM
Lowe in Oil

Quote:

In 2 years we'll have JDD and DD as goalies

Lowe in Oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 04:56 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Stop this stupid talk about trading Roli...

02-20-2007, 05:01 PM
Walsher

Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26 View Post
Stop this stupid talk about trading Roli...
Not that it would be a high priority for me, but I would not be against it if there was a reasonable offer. He has a fat contract and has been average this year at least statistically speaking. Sure he has had some decent stretches, but lets face it the only reason most are thinking he has been great is because of what we watched for the better part of last year from Conklin, Morrison, and Juice. Roli is not playing above his head, he is not playing with a consistency that great teams need, and he is not getting any younger. I understand what is happening in front of him doesn't help at times, but he has not been the night in shining armour as well.

Walsher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 05:36 PM
Sayuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckNut View Post
Where did you hear Stoll is gone for the season? All I've heard is he's on the IR but listed as day to day.

edit:
My mistake. Just saw the report that said he might be done for the season.
Sorry but where is this report? I'd like to take a look at it.

Sayuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 05:37 PM
DrDrai

Personally I think the team plays better infront of jussi, he's much calmer and he makes some huge saves....he went through a transformation after the finals, I think that raised his game....I would rather see jussi stick around and have DD or JDD fight for a spot on the team....and do a split with jussi

DrDrai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 05:42 PM
NMK

There is no way the Oilers are trading Roloson unless they get a legitimate tender back, but why would a team do that? Rollie's been rock solid this year, and I have no idea why anyone would think he wouldn't be again next year. He is not looking worse now than at the beginning of the season, he has stolen a dozen games for the Oilers, and has had very few poor games; all in his first season as a full-on starter.
Just take 10 seconds to consider what trading Rollie would do to this team, and then shake your head and go back to dreaming about drafting the next Crosby with a 10th pick.

NMK is offline   Reply With Quote