HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How's Dupuis, thanks for Hall

Old
02-20-2007, 04:10 PM
The Big E

vCash: 500
How's Dupuis, thanks for Hall

I was wondering how you like Pascal Dupuis. I'm definitely liking what I've seen of Adam Hall so far. We desperately needed a large, decent-skating power forward who's willing to play physical and in front of the net. He picked up his first goal the other night and has been hitting everything that moves.

The Big E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 04:14 PM
bar down*

Send a message via AIM to bar down*
dupuis is one of the fastest skaters ive ever seen

bar down* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 04:15 PM
Fletch

Hall will do that...

then he won't. Sounds like a perfect trade. Maybe one, both, or neither will finally 'get it'. Dupuis made a splash in his first game with a goal. He skates well, seems to go to the puck with a purpose, and will be physical on occasion (more physical than I had expected). He works well with Cullen, who's also a good skater. I hear he may have a tendency to slack off a bit (like Hall), so that may be something to keep an eye one.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 04:16 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big E View Post
I was wondering how you like Pascal Dupuis. I'm definitely liking what I've seen of Adam Hall so far. We desperately needed a large, decent-skating power forward who's willing to play physical and in front of the net. He picked up his first goal the other night and has been hitting everything that moves.
Dupuis has scored a goal. He works hard every shift (which is something we never saw from Hall when he was here).

02-20-2007, 04:17 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

He's been pretty good for the Rangers in the three games he has played. He scored in his first game as a Rangers against the 'Canes. He seems to be working well with Cullen and Ortmeyer so far. I'm glad to here that Hall is doing well for the Wild.

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 04:31 PM
nickrOck

what i've seen from pascal so far makes me forget hall was even on this team.. i did'nt see one thing i liked from hall in his tenure here.. to me he seemed lazy, and at best an average skater..

nickrOck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 04:34 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickrOck View Post
what i've seen from pascal so far makes me forget hall was even on this team.. i did'nt see one thing i liked from hall in his tenure here.. to me he seemed lazy, and at best an average skater..
I agree. Dupuis is quicker and a better player.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 04:42 PM
WheresBarnaby

Hopefully both players mesh with there respective teams. Hall only scored a handful of goals here, and never lived up to what he was supposed to do, which was be a presence in front of the net. Maybe he just didn't click here Dupuis been ok, but I'm not sold yet. He doesn't seem like a Ranger to me, but I guess that'll change over time.

Last edited by WheresBarnaby: 02-20-2007 at 04:47 PM. Reason: forgot a word
WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 04:44 PM
Fish

First off let me say I don't miss Adam Hall at all...he just never got it going in New York. I'm happy that he's doing better in Minnesota, because he just didn't seem to fit in with Tom Renney's team.

As for Dupuis, I've not been that impressed so far. He doesn't seem to fit either at the moment, and I've seen him shy away from a forecheck or contact when he had the opportunity to put pressure on the defender. Haven't really seen him pass the puck, and his shooting so far has been pretty limited. May be a case of just him adjusting to his line mates and new team, but I suspect that it may be more than that.

The biggest problem I have at the moment is that he doesn't really contribute much that the team doesn't already have...we'll see how he goes on the PP tonight, and perhaps his defense will be enough to warrant a longer look.

Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 04:49 PM
Ola

Quote:
To be honest, I am a little little bit dissapointed in Dupuis, don't know what I expected, but he seems to be very weak on the puck down low. He plays smart though defensivly, allot of good small plays, he backcheck and forechecks really well. But he often drives the puckto the end boards, and then got nothing to put up, looks a bit lost trying to get a circle gooing, have not seen any playmaking skills from him either.

I think he have to pick it up a bit if he wants a contract offer in the summer.

At the same time, for us he have been a upgrade over Hall without a doubt. Though Adam never fit in here.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 04:51 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

well after the trade ive been saying i felt hall was the better player, and nothing ive see has made me change my mind.

just because a player stunk doesnt mean he actually stinks. sometimes it can be the circumstances in which the player is put that causes him to stink.

just my 2 cents.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 05:06 PM
Edge

Two players who can look good at times and vanish just as quickly.

Doubt either one puts all the pieces together, but if they can play a little better for their respective team's it'll be a good trade.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 05:35 PM
in the hall

Quote:
lmao. that doesn't sound like hall, in fact i'm willing to bet this is an exageration just to rub it in

we expect you to check in a couple months from now so you can tell us how badly you want him off the team

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 05:35 PM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post

Doubt either one puts all the pieces together, but if they can play a little better for their respective team's it'll be a good trade.
very well said

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 05:50 PM
shoothepuck

Hall stunk in NY. Dupuis, skates and backchecks well, but is not physical. Seeing how Hall did nothing here, Pascal is an improvement, but if he dosen't pick it up, he won't get resigned. With Hall gone, NY adds some cap space.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 05:54 PM
Fletch

in the Hall..

I've seen Hall in parts of a couple games, and he hasn't been bad. In fact, while overall Hall just never did much, there were games in which he would be active, register 3-4 bodychecks, play well along the boards, be aggressive, and get the odd goal. Unfortuantely, you need to do that more than 1/4 of the time for people to care. Hall's capable of playing well, but seems incapable of doing so on a consistent basis. Sounds like Dupuis may be in the same boat.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 06:40 PM
dank

Quote:
this is Hall? he should keep it up. good luck to you all..

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 08:23 PM

I think Dupuis is a definite upgrade from Hall.
My issue is, I keep getting Russ Courtnall flashbacks

28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 09:44 PM
VEGASRANGERFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
well after the trade ive been saying i felt hall was the better player, and nothing ive see has made me change my mind.

just because a player stunk doesnt mean he actually stinks. sometimes it can be the circumstances in which the player is put that causes him to stink.

just my 2 cents.
But would you rather have the better player that doesn't play well for your team, or the lesser player that plays better for your team than the better player did? wow

VEGASRANGERFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 09:50 PM
philbo

I think in the end it'll be a wash. Minn needed a big body w/ possible upside, and we needed a speedster to work w/ cullen.

philbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 09:57 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Glad Hall is working out. Dupuis is REALLY fast and is a better fit for our present needs

02-20-2007, 10:05 PM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
He was all over the place tonight, and everytime Emrick mentioned his name I couldn't help but think of Owen Wilson.

02-20-2007, 10:13 PM
The Big E

Quote:
Originally Posted by collinsjimster View Post
dupuis is one of the fastest skaters ive ever seen
Ya ... he's fast. He was fifth fastest on the Wild. We're a little fast out here in the North Woods.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
First off let me say I don't miss Adam Hall at all...he just never got it going in New York. I'm happy that he's doing better in Minnesota, because he just didn't seem to fit in with Tom Renney's team.

As for Dupuis, I've not been that impressed so far. He doesn't seem to fit either at the moment, and I've seen him shy away from a forecheck or contact when he had the opportunity to put pressure on the defender. Haven't really seen him pass the puck, and his shooting so far has been pretty limited. May be a case of just him adjusting to his line mates and new team, but I suspect that it may be more than that.

The biggest problem I have at the moment is that he doesn't really contribute much that the team doesn't already have...we'll see how he goes on the PP tonight, and perhaps his defense will be enough to warrant a longer look.
Sadly, this sounds familiar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
To be honest, I am a little little bit dissapointed in Dupuis, don't know what I expected, but he seems to be very weak on the puck down low. He plays smart though defensivly, allot of good small plays, he backcheck and forechecks really well. But he often drives the puckto the end boards, and then got nothing to put up, looks a bit lost trying to get a circle gooing, have not seen any playmaking skills from him either.

I think he have to pick it up a bit if he wants a contract offer in the summer.

At the same time, for us he have been a upgrade over Hall without a doubt. Though Adam never fit in here.
Hmmm ... deja vu all over again?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post

<sardonic>What? Is there an echo in here?</sardonic>
Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall View Post
lmao. that doesn't sound like hall, in fact i'm willing to bet this is an exageration just to rub it in

we expect you to check in a couple months from now so you can tell us how badly you want him off the team
I'm not against kicking someone when their down (especially Ranger or Yankee fans)and I always enjoy a little schadenfreude now and again. However, we're not expecting Hall to light it up -- he's not the second-coming of Brendan Shanahan or something. We've already got two kick-ass scoring lines. We've just never had a bang-n-crash line. In fact, we haven't had one anywhere in MN since Willie Plett played for the North Stars in the 80s. Hall has teamed up with Mark Parrish. They create quite a mess, it's great.

The Big E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 10:35 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Hall is just playing physical now to try and make an impression with the team and the fans.... That's not his regular game... He's very soft for his size....

Pred fans said the same thing about him when he was traded here... He was virtually non-existant in some of our most physical games this year.... He was good on the PK but that's about it....

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 10:54 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGASRANGERFAN View Post
But would you rather have the better player that doesn't play well for your team, or the lesser player that plays better for your team than the better player did? wow
id keep the better player and try to put him in a position to succeed.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote