Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Notices

Who Stole Kipper's Mojo???

Old
02-20-2007, 08:46 PM
Danny__K

vCash: 50
Who Stole Kipper's Mojo???

He's getting worse as the season goes on. I don't even think he's been playing like a top 10 goalie this season. He's looked outright bad in this series against the Avalanche.

Danny__K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 08:49 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

vCash: 500
He's definately not on his game tonight against Colorado. Of course, it doesn't help that he's playing with no defence in front of him tonight.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 08:51 PM
Lunatik*

only one of the 3 goals was kippers fault... and when you face 19 shots in 20 minutes you are bound to allow a bad goal... blame another pathetic effort from teh defense and back checkers

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 01:53 AM
Milpool

Yes, let's blame Kipper for bad defensive decisions. He's still top 10 in every major goaltending statistics, so that's a pretty asinine comment to make. Lunatik's right - he let in one bad goal, but the Avs pelted him in the 1st.

I hate to say it, but the Flames could benefit from watching Vancouver play - they work hard, and they're defensively responsible in front of Luongo. Kinda like we were last year and the year previous.

Milpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 01:05 PM
Java

One of his problems is he doesn't cheat enough. He was following the shooter right outside the net and sliding out of the crease on numerous occasions last night. I don't blame him on the backhand, those are tough to stop, but he's got to stay in his net on those wraparound and take away the bottom of the net when the puck is behind the net.

He'll be fine by the time the playoffs roll around in my opinion. Its the overall team defense I'm worried about.

Java is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 01:34 PM
ForeignFlame

It doesn't help when the defense (and the team as a whole) are not playing very well in their own zone.

Also, with no disrespect to Noodles, I think the Flames need a backup who can give Kipper a breather a bit more often. This is looking like a repeat of last year where Kipper seemed burnt out by the playoffs and was not at his reliable self against Anaheim.

ForeignFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 01:57 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeignFlame View Post
Also, with no disrespect to Noodles, I think the Flames need a backup who can give Kipper a breather a bit more often. This is looking like a repeat of last year where Kipper seemed burnt out by the playoffs and was not at his reliable self against Anaheim.
I think McLennan has been a pretty solid backup, this far. Hopefully he'll be in net tomorrow in Phoenix, so Kiprusoff can focus and be ready for San Jose on saturday.

Old
02-21-2007, 05:53 PM
JorgeRocks!

[QUOTE=Danny__K;8161573]He's getting worse as the season goes on. I don't even think he's been playing like a top 10 goalie this season. He's looked outright bad in this series against the Avalanche.[/QUOTE

People are jumping off Kipper's bandwagon already. Tch, tch.

JorgeRocks! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 06:21 PM
Bobby Lou
We Surrender

The answer to the initial question is definitely Luongo.

Bobby Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 06:39 PM
vbet*

He is getting tired, don't blame it on him. He has never been able to play a ton of games and perform at the max. You guys need a real backup that can play 20 games a year.

vbet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 09:18 PM
Phaneuf*

He's likley most overated player in the game today. It's all the D in front of him keeping shots to the outside. When teams get inside Kipper looks like a pee-wee girl.

To me it seems like the guy dosent even really care. He's been smoking to many cigs.

Phaneuf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 09:25 PM
Bardo Thodol*

Kipprusoff would be a suitable backup for Luongo... I guess. Sabourin's pretty good too.

Bardo Thodol* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 09:30 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaneuf View Post
It's all the D in front of him keeping shots to the outside.
The Defence has bailed out on him numberous times this season, and on many occasions Kiprusoff was there to make a big save, so I have no idea what you're talking about. He's been inconsistant on the road this season in comparison to last season, but he's still one of the best goalies in the league today.

Old
02-21-2007, 09:33 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardo Thodol View Post
Kipprusoff would be a suitable backup for Luongo... I guess.

I'm sure Luongo would have plenty to pass down on to Kiprusoff, with all his playoff experience and all.

Old
02-21-2007, 10:05 PM
Bardo Thodol*

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post
I'm sure Luongo would have plenty to pass down on to Kiprusoff, with all his playoff experience and all.
Like Kipprusoff would have led Florida to the playoffs

Old
02-21-2007, 10:19 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
He led a very offensively-challenged Flames team to the playoffs last year, while Luongo was golfing. Luongo is having a great year, hell, he's playing better than Kiprusoff right now. But the fact of the matter is, Kiprusoff has proven to be a playoff goalie. Luongo hasn't. When he does, then you come come over here and yap your mouth.

Old
02-21-2007, 10:25 PM
Dogbert*

Send a message via MSN to Dogbert*
Quote:
Given how many people - including many of your fellow Canucks fans - claimed that we'd have had the worst team in the NHL if it wasn't for Kiprusoff, I'd say that it isn't a far-fetched statement.

Dogbert* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 10:44 PM
Bardo Thodol*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogbert View Post
Given how many people - including many of your fellow Canucks fans - claimed that we'd have had the worst team in the NHL if it wasn't for Kiprusoff, I'd say that it isn't a far-fetched statement.
Obviously, people only said that to spite Flames fans. In your opinion, can you honestly say that the Flames would have been as bad as Florida?

All I'm saying is that not even Jesus could get the Luongo-era panthers into the playoffs.

Old
02-21-2007, 11:31 PM
Milpool

Quote:
Obviously, people only said that to spite Flames fans. In your opinion, can you honestly say that the Flames would have been as bad as Florida?

All I'm saying is that not even Jesus could get the Luongo-era panthers into the playoffs.
Perhaps. Doesn't excuse your lame trolling.

Regardless, Kipper had a better season that Luongo last year, and has the Vezina to prove it. Roberto's playing better now, but overall there's not a big difference between the two.

Last edited by Milpool: 02-21-2007 at 11:38 PM.
Old
02-21-2007, 11:43 PM
Bardo Thodol*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Sir Robin View Post
Kipper had a better season that Luongo last year, and has the Vezina to prove it. Roberto's playing better now, but overall there's not a big difference between the two.
Luongo's having a better season this year, and with luck will have a Hart, Vezina or Conn Smythe to prove it. And I would say lately there is a big difference between the play of Luongo and that of Kipper.

Old
02-21-2007, 11:49 PM
Milpool

Quote:
Luongo's having a better season this year, and with luck will have a Hart, Vezina or Conn Smythe to prove it. And I would say lately there is a big difference between the play of Luongo and that of Kipper.
...Lately, yeah, but that doesn't make Luongo a better goalie. By that logic, in 1995 I could have made the argument that Jim Carey was better overall than Patrick Roy... the point still stands. It makes him a better one right now, yes, but not overall. It's all dependednt on who's hot and who isn't at the moment. I'm not gonna sit here and slam Luongo - I didn't when he was struggling, and I'm not going to now. Slamming a player when they're struggling (the HF norm it seems) is retarded. At their best the difference *is* negligible.

Last edited by Milpool: 02-22-2007 at 04:10 AM.
Old
02-21-2007, 11:57 PM
xtra

I know i am just a silly little nuck fan but could it have to do with the skulls on his mask? i mean i don't know exactly how long ago he changed it but ever since i noticed he had changed it he hasn't done too well....and to think he even had one of if not the coolest masks in the NHL

xtra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2007, 12:04 AM
Milpool

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtra View Post
I know i am just a silly little nuck fan but could it have to do with the skulls on his mask? i mean i don't know exactly how long ago he changed it but ever since i noticed he had changed it he hasn't done too well....and to think he even had one of if not the coolest masks in the NHL
I don't think the equipment change has much to do with it... If someone could dig up his Home and Away stats I'm pretty sure they'd be quite contrasting.

Old
02-22-2007, 12:36 AM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtra View Post
...and to think he even had one of if not the coolest masks in the NHL
Yeah, I loved his old mask. The colours just looked better than the gray. I still like his new mask, but not as much as the old one.

But I don't think his inconsistancy on the road has anything to do with his mask.

Old
02-22-2007, 01:12 AM
Beetmaster General

Send a message via AIM to Beetmaster General
*takes shirt off for kipprusoff*

Beetmaster General is offline   Reply With Quote