That wasn't necessary.
no but it was funny and a plesant flashback to the spring of 04

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2007, 02:40 PM
Matty31

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Matty31
Kipper is one of the top 5 goalies hands down.

The guy lets in one bad goal last game and everyone goes nuts. From what I recall the last goal was a breakaway, the 2nd goal was a 5-3 that just ended and a guy was missing a stick.

He is for sure the best value goalie in the league, his salary is much lower than Luongo and Brodeur.

Matty31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2007, 04:38 PM
Danny__K

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty31 View Post
The guy lets in one bad goal last game and everyone goes nuts.

Was that not counting 2 games earlier when he got pulled in the first??

Or 2 games before that when he surrendered 7(6??) goals to Detroit??

Okay some of these goals were unstoppable. however,we're not seeing these great saves that he used to make the last couple years to steal games for the flames in which they otherwise would have lost.

IMO this season, the flames have had more games stolen from them by opposing goaltenders, then Kipper has stolen for the flames.

And that should be the trademark of one of the great goalies in the game.

Danny__K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2007, 04:54 PM
TMNSI*

You guys have short memories....do you not remeber the games iginla was out? WHO WAS CALGARY"S best player? It was kipper.....its the ups and downs of the season against a desperate Avs team that has no problem scoring goals..

TMNSI* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2007, 11:47 PM
UBCsalmonslayer
@2Holmes2

Send a message via ICQ to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via AIM to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via MSN to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via Yahoo to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via Skype™ to UBCsalmonslayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Sir Robin View Post
Yes, let's blame Kipper for bad defensive decisions. He's still top 10 in every major goaltending statistics, so that's a pretty asinine comment to make. Lunatik's right - he let in one bad goal, but the Avs pelted him in the 1st.

I hate to say it, but the Flames could benefit from watching Vancouver play - they work hard, and they're defensively responsible in front of Luongo. Kinda like we were last year and the year previous.
As a Canucks fan, but also a casual Flames fan, I have to agree with this comment... allthough Kipper isn't standing on his head as much this year, your team system just isn't as tight as it has been the last couple years... The Canucks have adopted the Flames style (somewhat) from when you went to the finals a couple years ago.

UBCsalmonslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 12:27 AM
VanIslander
10 Years of ATDing

I did it. I confess. I also let the dogs out.

VanIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 12:49 AM
Danny__K

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJDarling View Post
You guys have short memories....do you not remeber the games iginla was out? WHO WAS CALGARY"S best player? It was kipper.....its the ups and downs of the season against a desperate Avs team that has no problem scoring goals..
Sorry i would disagree there. Langkow played way over his head while Iginla was out and was our best player. Others like Lombardi also stepped it up big time.

Old
02-23-2007, 12:58 AM
pitseleh

One thing I've noticed watching Calgary games is it seems like one of Kiprusoff's biggest assets, being able to read the play, has diminished. A lot of the reason he seemed to be unbeatable was because he was one step ahead of the play, and always seemed to be in position to make the save. It may be that he hasn't become accustomed to the change in strategy that Calgary has seen this year and it's affecting his play as a whole.

pitseleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 01:02 AM
Flames420

Were definately not as tight defensively as we have been the past few seasons right now. It puzzles me as Phaneuf/Regehr/Hamrlik/Stuart would imo be one of the top 4 d-men on a team in the league. Kippers getting hammered with shots on the road like mad, we just cant win away from home, soooo frustrating. We should be top 3 in the conference, i vote Sutter coaches the last 20 games of the season, he'll smack em into shape i bet.

Flames420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 01:15 AM
Canucks19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
no but it was funny and a plesant flashback to the spring of 04
We'll see if there will even be a spring of '07 for you...

Canucks19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 06:31 AM
Senor Catface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardo Thodol View Post
Luongo's having a better season this year, and with luck will have a Hart, Vezina or Conn Smythe to prove it. And I would say lately there is a big difference between the play of Luongo and that of Kipper.
Luongo getting the Hart or Vezina over Brodeur? Laughable.

Senor Catface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 04:41 PM
Popcorn_Shrimp*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datsun View Post
Luongo getting the Hart or Vezina over Brodeur? Laughable.

laughable????
statements like that show everybody on hf boards that you dont know very much about hockey..

u think its laughable ..that luongo gets the heart or vezina over brodeur?? ya...maybe marty b would take it......but its not laughable..it would be very very close im sure.......

u know wots laughable?...you are and ure exagerated statements

Popcorn_Shrimp* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 08:53 PM
Senor Catface

Quote:
Originally Posted by polish_flyboi View Post
laughable????
statements like that show everybody on hf boards that you dont know very much about hockey..

u think its laughable ..that luongo gets the heart or vezina over brodeur?? ya...maybe marty b would take it......but its not laughable..it would be very very close im sure.......

u know wots laughable?...you are and ure exagerated statements
Your english hurts my eyes. This isn't an MSN conversation, you're allowed to spell "you" out and not get in trouble.

Brodeur has superior stats in every section. I'm not taking anything from Luongo, but if you have a season like Brodeur is having it's not even a competition. Brodeur has the League's most wins, the league's best SA% and the League's highest amount of shutouts. He's having an amazing year.

Senor Catface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 09:21 PM
Bardo Thodol*

I would think Luongo's chances of winning the Hart are equal if not better than Brodeurs.

Bardo Thodol* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 02:27 AM
Shamrocks

Send a message via AIM to Shamrocks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny__K View Post
Sorry i would disagree there. Langkow played way over his head while Iginla was out and was our best player. Others like Lombardi also stepped it up big time.
I personally think it was Huselius that stepped in and delivered while Iginla was out. Kiprusoff certain did his part as well. I love Kiprusoff and hope he gets back on track to his steller performance once again.. Not sure when he changed his mask, but I rather the old one much more.

Shamrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 10:03 AM
scoringmachine

Kipper would play better if Calgary's defence was better. Example the Flames have a hard time chipping out the puck when it is in their end and taking the puck away from their opponent. This causes the Flames to giveup too many scoring chances which Kipper cannot stop so Kippers Mojo is still there it the Flames team Mojo that is gone.

scoringmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 01:52 PM
Danny__K

Quote:
I would think Luongo's chances of winning the Hart are equal if not better than Brodeurs.
Not even close, if Brodeur keeps up his play they might actually have to think about who to vote for before annointing Crosby the Champion. Brodeur will win the Vezina by a landslide and as such Luongo won't get much if any attention for the Hart.

One of the biggest problems Kipper is having with his game right now is playing the puck. He keeps shooting it up the boards past his defensemen right to the other teams forwards. He needs to keep is simpler. Stop the puck behind the net and let the defensemen do their jobs, he's no Brodeur.

Old
02-24-2007, 02:57 PM
Boozers

MacT has his mojo and he holding it in his hand

Boozers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 03:06 PM
Daily Special

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny__K View Post
Who Stole Kipper's Mojo???
AP - Friday Feb 23: "..camera footage shows the partially obscured image of a man seen fleeing the scene at Pengrowth Saddledome Arena holding a jar labeled "Mojo". The only readily identifiable characteristics being a jersey with the name Nabokov #20. Further details have yet to be released pending an ongoing investigation."

Daily Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 03:09 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

Kipper is definately in a slump by his standards, but what do you expect when the guy only gets 12-15 games off to rest over the course of two seasons. As great players do, Kipper will rebound to his old self just like he ALWAYS does when he has bad game.

IMO the problem the Flames have is their lack of work ethic. The do not have one of the best top 4 defensive corps in the NHL, they are the "top" defensive corps in the NHL. The problem stems from the forwards right down the defense. They think since this is the most skilled team that has been in Calgary since the 80's that the skill they have will compensate for the lack of work ethic. This team plain and simple does not play a full 60 minutes of hard, in your face hockey the way it used too. I don't deny they have momemts where they return to that style for parts of game.

Conroy even admitted on the Fan 960 they lost the Pheonix game because they played 52 minutes of hockey. This trend is why they can not close teams out in the 3rd period. But back to Kipper's mojo, to me he looks burnt out. I love Noodles, he is great for the dressing room but I do think we need a better backup. Someone who can play 15-20 games a season, not 5-7. I still think Kipper will break out his funk by playoff time though.

Last edited by Johnny Hoxville: 02-24-2007 at 03:21 PM.
Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 03:24 PM
Lunatik*

it really sad that kipper is being made the scapegoat in this... of course it has nothing at all to do with the number of shots he's facing and the fact that he is facing them in flurries because his teammates can't clear the defensive zone... naw what am i thinking such logic doesnt work on message boards

Old
02-24-2007, 03:38 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
it really sad that kipper is being made the scapegoat in this... of course it has nothing at all to do with the number of shots he's facing and the fact that he is facing them in flurries because his teammates can't clear the defensive zone... naw what am i thinking such logic doesnt work on message boards
I agree, I think in last game against Colorado, Kipper faced 18 shots in the first period alone. With the defense we have that is unexceptable. Just because last year he won the Vezina doesn't mean he should have to stand on his head every night. With our defense and our goalie, Calgary should have the lowest GAA in the league. Our D really needs to step it up this last strecth.

Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 03:42 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
I agree, I think in last game against Colorado, Kipper faced 18 shots in the first period alone. With the defense we have that is unexceptable. Just because last year he won the Vezina doesn't mean he should have to stand on his head every night. With our defense and our goalie, Calgary should have the lowest GAA in the league. Our D really needs to step it up this last strecth.
the forwards need to help the defensemen out... in th past our forwards would be on the boards between the faceoff circle and the blueline waiting to help get the puck out... now most of the time no one is there because they are cheating to try and get an offensive opportunity

Old
02-25-2007, 04:48 AM
Bam Beet*

Quote:
Kipprusoff would be a suitable backup for Luongo... I guess. Sabourin's pretty good too.
no thanks

Sabourin >>>>>Kipper.

ever since he changed his pads, he blows.

Bam Beet* is offline   Reply With Quote