HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers need to get some defense.

Old
02-21-2007, 06:53 AM
Tomas Sandstrom 28

vCash: 500
Malik is by no means a norris winner, but he has definitely played better since his awful start to the season. and imo doesn't deserve the boos at home anymore... for our team to be successful, i think we can really only afford to have 1 of the three of rachunek, pock, and girardi in the lineup. Right now we have all 3 in the lineup and its hurting us. In order to do this, we need malik back, and to trade for another defenseman if available

Tomas Sandstrom 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 07:25 AM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhockey193195 View Post
In all honesty, today was probably Girardi's worst game in the NHL. Not that he did anything glaringly terrible, but I just noticed that he was a step behind the devils in his coverage, and the speedy players like parise and gomez were flying by him.

As well as he's played, I don't think we can sit back and be satisfied with him as a 6th defender. I think we should definitely go after another d-man, and keep girardi as a 7th man.
Yep just because he's young doesn't mean we have to stop be objective. He was beat pretty badly a few times.

IMO Roszival and Tyutin are the only two guys that you can truly rely on. If need be, Ward/Rachunek/Pock/Malik/Girardi could all go and be upgraded. Also, look at the two players...they're not one specific type like a puckmover, fighter, hitter, two way. They do it all. They're two way, pass, shoot, hit. Bottom line is we just need good talented defenders.

Old
02-21-2007, 07:30 AM
JayMan82

I think some of our defensive problems have to be contributed by our forwards... It seems like when we break out, they don't know where to be positionally to receive that first pass... On top of that, some of our forwards (especially Betts and Nylander) turn over the puck in our zone with unnecessary passes or overhandling of the puck... What do you guys think?

JayMan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 07:53 AM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
that is a sign of our coaching, the devils don't do that because they know to go up the boards and chase the puck, the rangers think they are the red wings and that we play a puck possession game, problem is we play the puck possession game so well our players don't want to shoot the puck

at least one good scoring chance a game is due to rozsival, malik, tyutin, rachunek, nylander, straka, avery, or whoever passing the puck in front or behind the net trapping someone costing a scoring chance

girardi does not do this, he was well coached in hartford, ward, although he has gaffes, seems very antsy with the puck and usually just gets it out of the zone, which i will take anyday over the risky passes keepin it the in zone
Nothing to do with coaching. This is how the Czech players were taught and how they have always played. Put them all on the ice at the same time and expecting to see something else is odd.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 08:06 AM
Screaming Banshee

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhockey193195 View Post
In all honesty, today was probably Girardi's worst game in the NHL. Not that he did anything glaringly terrible, but I just noticed that he was a step behind the devils in his coverage, and the speedy players like parise and gomez were flying by him.

As well as he's played, I don't think we can sit back and be satisfied with him as a 6th defender. I think we should definitely go after another d-man, and keep girardi as a 7th man.
You mean he looked like a rookie? Perish the thought!

Screaming Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote