HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Sean Avery Mancrush Thread

Old
04-02-2009, 01:41 AM
clmetsfan

vCash: 500
I always thought it would be a great idea to mic Avery at all times and charge people to listen to it ala Pay Per View. It would never happen, but how much would you be willing to pay per game to listen to everything that Sean Avery has to say over the course of 60 minutes?

Set a price at around $50 bucks per game and I guarantee a ****load of people would be willing to do it at least once.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2009, 07:18 AM
wa2k99

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmetsfan View Post
I always thought it would be a great idea to mic Avery at all times and charge people to listen to it ala Pay Per View. It would never happen, but how much would you be willing to pay per game to listen to everything that Sean Avery has to say over the course of 60 minutes?

Set a price at around $50 bucks per game and I guarantee a ****load of people would be willing to do it at least once.
Joe and Evan were taling about exactly that on Tuesday.

wa2k99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2009, 01:06 PM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmetsfan View Post
I always thought it would be a great idea to mic Avery at all times and charge people to listen to it ala Pay Per View.
Well I'm sold.

Seriously though. It would've been awesome... Hearing Aves during a heated game against the Pens or Debbies. Oh baby.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2009, 03:25 PM
Maineice11

Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
I was going to make a new thread about this, but since it has to do with Avery I'll put it in here, if someone feels it should be its own thread go ahead and make it....

http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/2009/0...-on-the-drive/

Quote:
“He is a marked man, Avery,” Carton said.

“Other teams are marking him,” Boomer said.

“I don’t think he’s a marked man at all, he’s come back as smoothly as could have been the case under the circumstances,” Bettman said. “He’s doing his thing. When you’re an agitator and you play aggressive you probably find your self in more things than others. But I think based on what happened this season, his comeback couldn’t have been any smoother.”

“I will say this,” Boomer said. “He’s working on his hockey skills because he’s not trying to agitate any more, he’s trying to become a big time hockey player.”

“And I think he’s helped the Rangers,” Bettman said.

“He’s got six goals and four assists, so yeah that’s pretty good,” Boomer said.

“I do want you to do me a favor though,” Carton said. “I’d like you to check the tape of the Devils game. And he gets thrown around like a rag doll and doesn’t hit or engage the other guy and somehow gets a two-minute penalty. That was wrong, you know it, we all know it, bad job.”

“On balance the Devils got the shorthanded situation and had to kill a penalty,” Bettman said. “You gotta to look at the whole context of what went on.”
Boomer and Carton on WFAN interviewing Bettman...
That final quote by Bettman is ridiculous, "look at the whole context of what went on"????
seriously? Avery stood there told the official that was standing there doing nothing that he didn't want to fight and official did nothing, and Avery still gets a penalty and Bettman says that, that is just wrong!!!!

Bettman should grow a set and own up to mistakes and stop protecting the refs...if this were in Montreal there'd probably be a riot

Maineice11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2009, 03:50 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineice11 View Post
That final quote by Bettman is ridiculous, "look at the whole context of what went on"????
seriously? Avery stood there told the official that was standing there doing nothing that he didn't want to fight and official did nothing, and Avery still gets a penalty and Bettman says that, that is just wrong!!!!
No, it isn't. Avery dropped his gloves. Gloves on or off that is how fighting differs from ruffing. That is how they call it now and probably will in the future. Why Avery did that? Because he wanted to control the situation and allow only things he wanted to allow. That was a smart act. Now, even if fight is instigated by other player (that was clearly the case with "rag doll" abuse), both are getting fighting minor regardless of whether actual exchange of fist hits took place or not. League doesn't want the refs to get into fighting details and circumstances and use their judgment , they have other work to do. Plus it makes the reviewing process a nightmare.Therefore it is simplified as much as possible. Gloves off - fight.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2009, 03:58 PM
Maineice11

Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
No, it isn't. Avery dropped his gloves. Gloves on or off that is how fighting differs from ruffing. That is how they call it now and probably will in the future. Why Avery did that? Because he wanted to control the situation and allow only things he wanted to allow. That was a smart act. Now, even if fight is instigated by other player (that was clearly the case with "rag doll" abuse), both are getting fighting minor regardless of whether actual exchange of fist hits took place or not. League doesn't want the refs to get into fighting details and circumstances and use their judgment , they have other work to do. Plus it makes the reviewing process a nightmare.Therefore it is simplified as much as possible. Gloves off - fight.
Normally you need 2 gloves off and a stick dropped (not sure of the official rulebook part on that), and if you look at the video only 1 glove came off and he still had his stick in his hand, that is not fight. And you can almost bend the truth a pinch and say that glove fell off while he was being ragdolled around...

We all will have our own opinions, and I think there is someone out there that could do a lot better job at NHL commissioner than Bettman can

Maineice11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2009, 04:16 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineice11 View Post

We all will have our own opinions, and I think there is someone out there that could do a lot better job at NHL commissioner than Bettman can
Refs work for him. Every good boss would find an excuse for his workers and protect them against outside criticism. That doen't mean he/she would tolerate mistakes the future. It wasn't a terrible error, worse things happen routinely. No one in his right mind would count the gloves that dropped off of Avery, they did not have video review. They give Avery PP at the end. Fair to me.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 12:46 PM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Bump!

AVERY AVERY AVERY

Old
10-13-2009, 12:56 PM
Ranger35
Proud of NYR

Send a message via AIM to Ranger35
That animated gif is hilarious.

Ranger35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 01:03 PM
Carl Hagelins Flow
Flow Status: AMAZING

LOL LoFFen that's good stuff right there.

Thanks for necro'ing this thread so I can express my manlove for SEAN!!

I gotta be careful around the girlfriend, I already have mancrushes on Matt Gilroy and Michael Del Zotto especially. Plus, Gaborik, Hank, Cally...She's gonna leave me if I keep falling for NYR players hahaha

Carl Hagelins Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 01:18 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Avery is making a strong case for being bumped up a line if someone in our top 6 falters.

I still think we'll see Avery-Dubinsky-Gaborik at some point, and it will be dominant.

we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 01:24 PM
Carl Hagelins Flow
Flow Status: AMAZING

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
Avery is making a strong case for being bumped up a line if someone in our top 6 falters.

I still think we'll see Avery-Dubinsky-Gaborik at some point, and it will be dominant.
Avery is not a 1st liner and I don't think he belongs with Dubi and Gaborik. I really like the dynamics Prospal brings to that line (thus far). Despite Avery's speed and grit in front of the net, the 1st line should be our scoring line, not our grit line. At most I think he could work on the 2nd line but as I discussed in another thread it really is a problem where we put our talent at the moment, especially since there is chemistry on at least the first two lines.

Carl Hagelins Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 01:25 PM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

I think we may see a 2nd Line consisting of Avery - Drury - Higgins at some point.
Avery's biggest skill exept for being physical and annoying is his passing-ability... And that current 2nd Line dosen't have a decent passer.

Old
10-13-2009, 01:28 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedsBlueforNYR View Post
Avery is not a 1st liner and I don't think he belongs with Dubi and Gaborik. I really like the dynamics Prospal brings to that line (thus far). Despite Avery's speed and grit in front of the net, the 1st line should be our scoring line, not our grit line. At most I think he could work on the 2nd line but as I discussed in another thread it really is a problem where we put our talent at the moment, especially since there is chemistry on at least the first two lines.
This.

Prospal is a much more skilled and better passer than Avery is. And you want a better passer to set up Gaborik. Prospal also has much better puck control and vision than Avery. And its not like Prospal doesnt bring grit to his game; he plays tough and is willing to do the dirty work, get physical and go into corners.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 09:28 PM
NYR Lunchbox

pretty pointless but ne1 else notice that avert is wearing the project messier helmet? i guess thats 1 way to get the kids 2 want 2 wear it

NYR Lunchbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 10:12 PM
NY Ranger86

anyone else see Avery NOT happy tonight? re: playing with Lisin & Anisimov

NY Ranger86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 10:18 PM
GothamRanger

Send a message via AIM to GothamRanger
Yeah seemed pretty absent tonite. Oooof he sure is moody.

GothamRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 03:01 AM
Leafer 21

Avery is awesome.

he should be on the second line instead of higgins

Leafer 21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 03:08 AM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafer 21 View Post
Avery is awesome.

he should be on the second line instead of higgins
a leafs fan cheering avery?
Whats the catch?

FromTheSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 01:22 PM
Leafer 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOWRanger View Post
a leafs fan cheering avery?
Whats the catch?
hahaha

No catch, some of us have to like the guy.

Leafer 21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2010, 09:01 AM
blue2noise

Methinks it's time for a BUMP!

Welcome back, Sean. We missed you.

It felt good to watch him yapping up up against Dallas last night,

blue2noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2010, 09:12 AM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Sean Avery was the performer of the night.Hell has officially frozen over.

FromTheSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2010, 10:12 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Nice post game with Aves and Stan Fishler. Said all the right thing ...not about him all about the team, just wants the W. But the Maven pressed hard and Avery basically just laid it out there that he has to play HIS GAME to be effective for the team and needs the team to have his back when things occassionally get ugly. He didn't say , when he crosses the line, but that was implied to me.

So what happened last night? He was the starter on a quirky line. Did Torts let him off the leash knowing it was Dallas? Is this the result?

4 points--- guys all over the ice --- a 10 minute sit in the box -- after every stop he was so completely in the Stars heads it was ridiculous.

Torts needs to just let Sean run...

01-07-2010, 10:21 AM
Garv23

Torts said in his post game interview last night that, and I quote, "The leash stuff is ********" as both coaches have pushed him to play with that edge he's infamous for.

This is all on Avery to play this way consistently. And I hope he does because man it's infectious and fun to watch.

Garv23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2010, 10:34 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garv23 View Post
Torts said in his post game interview last night that, and I quote, "The leash stuff is ********" as both coaches have pushed him to play with that edge he's infamous for.

This is all on Avery to play this way consistently. And I hope he does because man it's infectious and fun to watch.
Well then the issue is on the player, which doesnt surprise me when it comes to Avery.

It also doesnt surprise me in the least that he played his game to the max against the team that abandoned him.

Im glad he had a great game last night, but Im a little pissed it came on his terms. He should be playing like that every night, regardless of its against the Stars.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote