HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

For those going to the game on tuesday/wednesday

Old
02-21-2007, 01:30 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

vCash: 500
For those going to the game on tuesday/wednesday

Considering the pressure this team feels when playing at home - What we need is fans to go in there and rock the garden with the LETS GO RANGERS CHANT. Ease up on the Malik Boo's and just create alot of ELECTRICITY. "LETS GO RANGERS" throughout the anthem and first period and see hwo they respond. I want to hear it loud and clear on a CONSISTENT BASIS.

Last edited by hpNYR: 04-14-2007 at 06:40 PM.
hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 01:38 AM
lotus

Yeah the Garden has been dead. For reasons maybe but damn is it dead. I agree on easing up on the boo's. It wont accomplish anything at this point in the season. If they've been playing poor they'll be dealt with.

lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 01:38 AM
Harry Vee

I propose we throw out an "Avery's Better" chant. Kinda childish to take other teams chants, but hey, it's not something that hasn't been done before. Feel free to tear me apart if you dislike the idea.

I'll be up in the 400's with my Avery jersey....Goodnight Trueblue

Harry Vee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 01:50 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvnolimit View Post
I propose we throw out an "Avery's Better" chant. Kinda childish to take other teams chants, but hey, it's not something that hasn't been done before. Feel free to tear me apart if you dislike the idea.

I'm all for it. That sounds like a BRILLIANT IDEA!

Old
02-21-2007, 02:38 AM
Balej20*

Too many corporate fans and young fans who have no idea whats going on at the garden lately.

It seems like everytime I go to the Garden, no matter where I sit, I sit right infront of some 16-24 year old kid who is at his first hockey game of his life, and who has obviously never seen hockey or known of its exsistence, because the kid next to him has to explain EVERYTHING going on. And the worst part is, the kid doing all the explaining doesn't know what he's talking about either.

I haven't sat next to a real, passionate, smart fan in years.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 10:45 AM
Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
Too many corporate fans and young fans who have no idea whats going on at the garden lately.

It seems like everytime I go to the Garden, no matter where I sit, I sit right infront of some 16-24 year old kid who is at his first hockey game of his life, and who has obviously never seen hockey or known of its exsistence, because the kid next to him has to explain EVERYTHING going on. And the worst part is, the kid doing all the explaining doesn't know what he's talking about either.

Most NY hockey fans just arent that knowledgeable. Like the calls for SHOOT!!! every time a guy has the puck within the blueline...

Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 10:53 AM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyChoice View Post
Most NY hockey fans just arent that knowledgeable. Like the calls for SHOOT!!! every time a guy has the puck within the blueline...
I heard that when I was at the game on sunday!!! I wanted to cause physical pain to that guy, because not only was he doing it, his 3 kids thought it was the right thing to yell so I had it in stereo

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 11:06 AM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvnolimit View Post

Avery jersey already, I like it.

"Avery's Better", nice chant!

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 11:44 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

The problem is our society has become too politically correct.Look at Martin Brodeur's personal life and what Rangers fans used to chant at Denis Potvin.When Potvin and his wife were in the process of getting a divorce,some allegations about spousal abuse were part of the divorce.That was more ammo for the venom against Potvin.Not only did Potvin contribute to Ulffie Nilsson breaking his ankle but he was also an alleged wife beater which lead to the "Beat Your Wife Potvin,Beat Your Wife" chant.Pelle Lindbergh gets killed in car accident driving his Porsche..."Drive a Porsche Hextall,Drive a Porsche"...Brodeur and his wife Melanie broke up.Marty stars boning his sister in law like there are no other women in the world..."Melanie"...."Melanie"

Father of the year

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 12:06 PM
Choice

Yeah I'd love to hear a chant like that but
a) most people probably dont know his sister in laws name
b) its kind of hard to get that going against someone who has demoralized your team on countless occaisons

Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 12:15 PM
bar down*

Send a message via AIM to bar down*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post

I dont know about you but i wouldnt mind sitting next to Elisha Cuthbert.

bar down* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 12:24 PM
Cartman27

Send a message via AIM to Cartman27
"How your wife marty, hows your wife, which one!"

Cartman27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 12:38 PM
mrhockey193195

I agree that there should be no booing this game.

Especially on the powerplay, even if they don't shoot the puck, let's not boo. Let's stick behind our team and support them all the way through. They need to know that they won't be slaughtered if they make a mistake, and that will ease the pressure and hopefully make them play better.

mrhockey193195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 12:42 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
How about cheering the Rangers instead of jeering the Devils....

02-21-2007, 12:49 PM
JamesG1221

Quote:
Originally Posted by collinsjimster View Post
I dont know about you but i wouldnt mind sitting next to Elisha Cuthbert.

For real. To Hell with Messier. I want a reserved seat next to HER as a benefit of my optimum rewards card

JamesG1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 12:51 PM
Harry Vee

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
How about cheering the Rangers instead of jeering the Devils....
Yea, i agree with you. Last night i thought it would be kinda funny doing an avery chant. Won't work to good if we are losing or Avery plays like S***. I just hate hearing the boos and Shoot! when the guy clearly has no shooting lane. I guess we'll see how the Garden is tomorrow night. Should be an intense game.

Harry Vee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 12:52 PM
Evgeny Oliker

I've had a thread on this before...that we don't cheer enough and boo too much.

Let's get at least 2 chants going:

"LETS GO RANGERS"

and when Avery gets involved:

"AVERY IS BETTER"

We need to SCORE FIRST to beat the Devils...they only play well with the lead!

I will be at the game (with a freaking Devils fan for a friend...if you want to beat him up, go ahead )

Evgeny Oliker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 12:52 PM
JamesG1221

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyChoice View Post

I know where you're coming from. However, with this team there is usually an appropriate time to start yelling for a shot at some point during the 60 minutes..usually whenever Nylander has it on a PP while they're down by one late in the third...

JamesG1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 12:55 PM
mrhockey193195

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG1221 View Post
I know where you're coming from. However, with this team there is usually an appropriate time to start yelling for a shot at some point during the 60 minutes..usually whenever Nylander has it on a PP while they're down by one late in the third...
I know that this might warrant booing, but let's allow nylander to hold onto the puck without hearing it from the fans. I mean, sure he's not shooting, but let's support him while he's trying to make a play. Booing will not help at all.

mrhockey193195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 12:58 PM
nni

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2forsbergaura1 View Post
We need to SCORE FIRST to beat the Devils...they only play well with the lead!

thats not true by any stretch of the imagination.

avery's better would be pretty funny.

nni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 01:16 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

**** Broduer

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 01:21 PM
Ola

What really annoys me is that the place is dead silent, untill Malik does something, a goal is scored, or Hollweg lands a hit. Earlier in the season you could hear it when Prucha touched the puck. If the reffs screw us, or something else, its like there are a bit chatter in the background. If Malik makes a bad pass you can clearly hear the boos.

How can you prioritize booing Malik at this point? I know the crowed at MSG don't represent the NYR fan base, but how can thoose who are there be that braindead?

Why not boo Broduer instead?

Its been a few years since I were at the garden, 1999 and 2001. At that time people were booed, but thoose fans gave it to the other team and the reffs too. But if I went to a game today, and someone sat quite when Prucha were jumped like against Toronto, and then booed Malik, I would've nailed him without a doubt. Thoose fans are de facto the biggest reason this team is out of the PO's race, look at the home and away record. Wed have 73 pts instead of 63 pts if our home record were as good as out away record...

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 01:27 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

We need to do this guys. So what two chants are we going to get going? One is offcourse LETS GO RANGERS THROUGHOUT THE ANTHEM AND FIRST PERIOD. What is the other one?

Old
02-21-2007, 01:28 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
The problem is our society has become too politically correct.Look at Martin Brodeur's personal life and what Rangers fans used to chant at Denis Potvin.When Potvin and his wife were in the process of getting a divorce,some allegations about spousal abuse were part of the divorce.That was more ammo for the venom against Potvin.Not only did Potvin contribute to Ulffie Nilsson breaking his ankle but he was also an alleged wife beater which lead to the "Beat Your Wife Potvin,Beat Your Wife" chant.Pelle Lindbergh gets killed in car accident driving his Porsche..."Drive a Porsche Hextall,Drive a Porsche"...Brodeur and his wife Melanie broke up.Marty stars boning his sister in law like there are no other women in the world..."Melanie"...."Melanie"

Father of the year
Nothing to do with political correctness. The garden crowd remains as crude as ever. The difference between now and then is that the Garden sedates the crowd with over the top decibel level of music to discourage us. I hate the pounding of that music.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 01:31 PM
GarretJoseph*

everywhere/body i go, they all want like an extra %50 on top of face value. Can't do that. :-(

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote