HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

For those going to the game on tuesday/wednesday

Old
02-21-2007, 12:31 PM
chosen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
How can you prioritize booing Malik at this point? I know the crowed at MSG don't represent the NYR fan base, but how can thoose who are there be that braindead?
To be fair, more than a few who post here are the same as those that boo Malik when their brains can come up with nothing else.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 12:47 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
Nothing to do with political correctness. The garden crowd remains as crude as ever. The difference between now and then is that the Garden sedates the crowd with over the top decibel level of music to discourage us. I hate the pounding of that music.
You're completely right about the music. It's absurb. I for one could do without it.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 01:26 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
You're completely right about the music. It's absurb. I for one could do without it.
Oh come on you guys love it !
Doesn't it give ya that carnival like atmosphere? Huh? Huh?

Just remember, when you're at the game, you are having fun ! Isn't it fun?

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 05:00 PM
Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
What really annoys me is that the place is dead silent, untill Malik does something, a goal is scored, or Hollweg lands a hit. Earlier in the season you could hear it when Prucha touched the puck. If the reffs screw us, or something else, its like there are a bit chatter in the background. If Malik makes a bad pass you can clearly hear the boos.

How can you prioritize booing Malik at this point? I know the crowed at MSG don't represent the NYR fan base, but how can thoose who are there be that braindead?

Why not boo Broduer instead?

Its been a few years since I were at the garden, 1999 and 2001. At that time people were booed, but thoose fans gave it to the other team and the reffs too. But if I went to a game today, and someone sat quite when Prucha were jumped like against Toronto, and then booed Malik, I would've nailed him without a doubt. Thoose fans are de facto the biggest reason this team is out of the PO's race, look at the home and away record. Wed have 73 pts instead of 63 pts if our home record were as good as out away record...

Well I wouldnt go so far as to say stupid fans are a reason the team isnt in the top eight right now, I mean didn't Carolina and Tampa Bay win the last two cups?

It's just a fact of sports life, especially in New York, when the team isnt going so well there just isnt going to be as much electricity in the building.

Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 05:07 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

It doesn't help that opposing players don't find it very intimidating to play here like they used to.

How bout:
Marty's Sister *Clap Clap Clap-Clap-Clap*

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 05:09 PM
Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
Nothing to do with political correctness. The garden crowd remains as crude as ever. The difference between now and then is that the Garden sedates the crowd with over the top decibel level of music to discourage us. I hate the pounding of that music.
Hell yeah. I went to see the Mets at Wrigley Field this summer and was so amazed and how nice it was with just organ music and no crazy over the top techno crap every five seconds. When are teams gonna realize this isnt what sells tickets and isnt what fans want to see? People are gonna go to see the team not to see the garbage during the timeouts.

Old
02-21-2007, 05:12 PM
paintballruler*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
Too many corporate fans and young fans who have no idea whats going on at the garden lately.

It seems like everytime I go to the Garden, no matter where I sit, I sit right infront of some 16-24 year old kid who is at his first hockey game of his life, and who has obviously never seen hockey or known of its exsistence, because the kid next to him has to explain EVERYTHING going on. And the worst part is, the kid doing all the explaining doesn't know what he's talking about either.

I haven't sat next to a real, passionate, smart fan in years.
that is how it is every time i go to the devils rink...none of them know anything

paintballruler* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 07:56 PM
nexusrage21

I'll be there, fired up.

Positive thinking. Cheers not boos.

I remember when lundqvist got hurt last year, there were a lot people on Kevin Weekes, not givng him the support he needed. My brother and I went to a game against I believe Philly or the Islanders, and we went in saying that we had to go nuts for Weekes (We sit behind the goal the rangers defend in 1 and 3). He made a nice save, we started yelling WEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKESSSSSSS! And a few saves later, the whole place was doing it. Rangers won.

The crowd has not been turned on this season, so let's turn it on.

nexusrage21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 08:40 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

I'll be there in 345...of course all HFers at section 88 during warmups! Should be a fun one boys.

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 08:50 PM
NYRMatt

I will be there.

Quit with the Malik stuff already MSG. He is a good defenseman, no one see's it.

NYRMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 09:00 PM
mhurley

Up in the Blues, we chant this to Marty:

UNCLE DADDY!!!

mhurley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2007, 03:22 PM
crisb

Can you guys please fire up the team early?

crisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2007, 04:13 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Marty's sister up for rent...doo-daa...doo-daaa...Marty's sister up for rent doo-daa..doo-daa-rayyyy

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2007, 05:10 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyChoice View Post
Well I wouldnt go so far as to say stupid fans are a reason the team isnt in the top eight right now, I mean didn't Carolina and Tampa Bay win the last two cups?

It's just a fact of sports life, especially in New York, when the team isnt going so well there just isnt going to be as much electricity in the building.
Yeah, but if it only were quite there wouldn't be any problems.

We all know its impossible to play infront of a homecrowed that booes you, nobody can do that well. Heck Jagr often got problems on the road if he is booed, like against the Canadians it were obvious that it affected him some.

If you sit quite all night, and doesn't support the team at all, thats ok, but if you only decide to open your mouth when Malik got the puck, and not when our stars are jumped and the reffs screwes us, then you are pretty darn braindead, and my advice would be for thoose dudes to go behind the barn.

You can't even compare MSG with Tampa and Carolina anymore , if anything fans around the globe knows its that you boo when your team is given a penalty. The MSG is deadsilent when we are given penalty after penalty. Against Toronto when we were extremely screwed by the reffs, the only thing you could hear was the booing of Malik and Potvin sucks... Thats pathetic.

Its obvious that we are much less comfortable at home then on the road, and thats not strange looking at how few loud fans there behave. It makes me pretty darn pissed.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2007, 11:16 PM
Choice

I agree that it is ridiculous the treatment Malik is getting from a lot of the garden fans, and it certainly cant help a players' mentality getting booed at home. But I think professional athletes should be able to perform regardless of how the crowd treats them, especially on the road.

Old
02-22-2007, 11:24 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Malik didn't get it that bad tonight. Everyone was so pumped up from when Hossa scored all the way through to the end of the game. The most boos of the night were directed towards the refs.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2007, 05:39 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Please guys, going to game 3 tuesday take this thread and use it. We need to stick with our team and not boo over a bad pass or mis-play. They have taken 2 games for us on the road.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2007, 05:42 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Be LOUD and be POSITVE!

Rather be pro-Ranger than anti-Thrasher.

04-14-2007, 05:42 PM
gaglinefan

Our Playoffs

We are part of the team, see all Tuesday, Lets Go Rangers!!!

gaglinefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2007, 05:51 PM
Cartman27

Send a message via AIM to Cartman27
the Garden is a different place come playoff time.

Cartman27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2007, 05:52 PM
dkatzism

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman27 View Post
the Garden is a different place come playoff time.
Absolutely. Last year's 2 playoff games at the Garden didn't count. At all.

Old
04-14-2007, 06:08 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

I should be at one of the games, and rest assured, I plan on leaving without a voice!! Lets Go Rangers!!!

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2007, 12:45 AM
gamera

Send a message via ICQ to gamera Send a message via AIM to gamera Send a message via MSN to gamera Send a message via Yahoo to gamera
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Be LOUD and be POSITVE!

Rather be pro-Ranger than anti-Thrasher.

I'll be there, but I'll be pro-Thrashers (we need all the help we can get ) and not anti-Ranger (I'm not a complete idiot )

gamera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2007, 08:53 AM
g52*

Send a message via AIM to g52*
You need to start a LOUD " Lets Go Rangers! " chant during warmups, especially down in the Thrashers end of the ice.

g52* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2007, 09:17 AM
PMNEWYORK

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamera View Post

I'll be there, but I'll be pro-Thrashers (we need all the help we can get ) and not anti-Ranger (I'm not a complete idiot )
We should take back all the advice and information regarding getting to the game and let you figure it out yourself. Maybe you will get lost or delayed and not show up.
This is no time to be warm and welcoming. At least not from me. Maybe others, who are nicer and better human beings than I, can be more decent.

PMNEWYORK is offline   Reply With Quote