HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

lubo/chelios injury

Closed Thread

Old
12-09-2003, 09:21 PM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

vCash: 500
lubo/chelios injury

this is something i dont understand...when chelios had his injury, he jus went down and stayed down...the kings were on the PP and had it set up, but the play was stopped because of chelios' injury...but when visnovsky was injured, the wings were on the PP...instead of staying down like chelios, visnovsky decided he had to stay up and be completely useless which led to a few wings scoring chances...y didnt he jus stay down like chelios and the play would have been stopped...he certainly had a good reason for it...dont get me wrong...i love visnovsky's heart...but it seemed like he made things a lot harder than it should have been

Old
12-09-2003, 09:40 PM
Frolov

Give him credit for showing some toughness. He's only been in the league for a couple of years so he wasn't realy sure if the refs would stop play. But Cheli has been in this league for decades so I'm sure he knows the ropes by now.

Old
12-09-2003, 10:02 PM
David A. Rainer

Send a message via MSN to David A. Rainer
Because they were playing the Wings in so-called "Hockeytown". There was no way the Kings would have gotten the call. Unless he was hemorrhaging blood or missing a limb, you're not going to get that call in Detroit and it would be too risky on the penalty kill to expect it.

The next call the Kings get in Detroit will be there first. I remember how Bowman used to Jedi mind-trick the refs everytime we played them in the playoffs. And Bob Miller and Jim Fox used to talk about how sometimes the refs would get caught up in the aura and mystique that is Bowman and "Hockeytown".

Hell, if Bowman was still coaching Detroit, not only would the refs kept play going but they probably would have pushed Cechmanek out of the way giving them a wide open net to shoot at.

12-10-2003, 07:13 AM
B-MEL

One thing is. Chelios is a ***** and Lubo is a Man.

But another thing is, When Chelios went down, the Wings got the puck and they blew the Whistle.

When Lubo got hurt, the Wings had the puck and even if he went down, the whistle would NOT have been blown until the Kings got the Puck.

Injuries (unless deemed serious) do not call for the refs to take away a scoring chance.

Closed Thread