HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Isbister Called Up

Old
02-21-2007, 01:19 PM
Staggarelli
@erikthedirector

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Staggarelli
Isbister Called Up

Isbister Called up from Hartford, in case Marcel can not play tomorrow....

Man am I glad we have him on the team now

http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/

Staggarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 01:20 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staggarelli View Post
Isbister Called up from Hartford, in case Marcel can not play tomorrow....

Man am I glad we have him on the team now

http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/
Dunno if youve been watching Pack games this year, but Isbister has impressed the heck outta me with his overall game, and his team first mentality.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 01:23 PM
TheRedressor

Isbister is the perfect player to use to beat up on the Devils.

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 01:23 PM
Staggarelli
@erikthedirector

Send a message via AIM to Staggarelli
Dont get me wrong, i am glad that we have someone like that joining what recently has been a team effort as far as play goes....

I dont get to see many pack games, but I thought he was ok while he was up here earlier in the season.....

But part of me would rather see Immo or Callahan.

Staggarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 01:26 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Shanny was also placed on IR. He can come off on 2/25.

02-21-2007, 01:30 PM
Fletch

I too would rather see...

Callahan, and think he's playing better than Isbister, but Renney's not comfortable with a kid in that position, which is fine, it's his arse that's on the line in the end...

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 01:31 PM
Anthony Mauro
DraftBuzz Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
Callahan, and think he's playing better than Isbister, but Renney's not comfortable with a kid in that position, which is fine, it's his arse that's on the line in the end...
IS ISSY still as slow as he was in his first go round? I thought I was watching a guy in skate in quick sand but brushed it off as rust.

TWITTER
@draftbuzzhockey
Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 01:34 PM
TheRedressor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staggarelli View Post
Dont get me wrong, i am glad that we have someone like that joining what recently has been a team effort as far as play goes....

I dont get to see many pack games, but I thought he was ok while he was up here earlier in the season.....

But part of me would rather see Immo or Callahan.

I'd rather have Isbister play 8 minutes a night than Callahan playing 5 (Renney would trust the veteran with more responsibility )

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 01:36 PM
SML

If you're going to have a guy called up simply to keep a jersey filled, I'd rather see him than a young guy. If you need a guy to give or receive punches in the head, I'm okay with that too. If I see Isbister on the PP, I'm going to break something.

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 01:58 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

I hope Hossa plays tomorrow night he is playing so well on the top line it would really be a shame if he cannot play. As for calling Isbister up, i'm not against the idea, but i'm also not going to worry too much about it untill its definite that he will play. Untill then

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 02:08 PM
VEGASRANGERFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHenrik35 View Post
I hope Hossa plays tomorrow night he is playing so well on the top line it would really be a shame if he cannot play. As for calling Isbister up, i'm not against the idea, but i'm also not going to worry too much about it untill its definite that he will play. Untill then
I wonder what would have happened if you made the same post in the beginning of the season.

VEGASRANGERFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 02:10 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGASRANGERFAN View Post
I wonder what would have happened if you made the same post in the beginning of the season.
I would have been lynched lol

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 02:20 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Why is Isbister exempt from recall waivers?

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 02:20 PM
Larry Melnyk

Isbister is the only call up that makes sense right now…Being called up in case Hossa can’t go or for 5 minutes for the 4th line instead of Hollweg (which I think will happen)..Not a spot for Callahan..And isbister has been doing fine in Hartford

Don’t get me wrong, Callahan has earned a call up (the only kid in Hartford that really has) but it just doesn’t makes sense for him right now…If there' an extended injury on the top 9 or we drop by the way side, calling up Callahan and playing him will make more sense..

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 02:31 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk View Post
Isbister is the only call up that makes sense right now…Being called up in case Hossa can’t go or for 5 minutes for the 4th line instead of Hollweg (which I think will happen)..Not a spot for Callahan..And isbister has been doing fine in Hartford

Don’t get me wrong, Callahan has earned a call up (the only kid in Hartford that really has) but it just doesn’t makes sense for him right now…If there' an extended injury on the top 9 or we drop by the way side, calling up Callahan and playing him will make more sense..

Isbister can help, he can stand in front on the PP if he gets ice time there. But what about Krog. Id rather waive him and leave the spot open just in case down the line. Chris Thorburn was just sent to the minors by the Pens. He has to go through waivers. He has more potential than Krog and is more physical and can play centre and the wing. And Thorburn is only 23.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 02:32 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
I don't understand these things. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that he did not sign an NHL contract? (at least I thought he signed a minor league deal with CAR). Two-way contract?

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 02:51 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I don't understand these things. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that he did not sign an NHL contract? (at least I thought he signed a minor league deal with CAR). Two-way contract?
if he signed a minor league deal, hed have to sign with the Rangers before getting called up the first time. Im guessing he is on a 2 way contract, but that just means the players pay is different from the NHL to AHL. 2 Way contracts, the player still have to go through waivers.

Old
02-21-2007, 02:52 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
Not enough NHL games played for the season.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 04:39 PM
Ola

As much as I love Callahan's 31 goals, his 14 assists in 50 games aren't that flattering, especially when playing on the perimeter 5 on 5, and constantly on the 1st PP unit. Not only the stats either, I don't think Callahan is even close to a level yet were he would be able to contribute offensivly on a top 2 line in the NHL.

If Hossa is out, and we decide to keep our lines as they are, my first choice for Straka-Jagr would be Korpikoski, my 2nd choice would be Immonen. I don't think Isbister can playe there.

If Isbister is out, I move Nylander or Prucha up to the 1st line and play Brad on the 2nd...

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 05:07 PM
skymachine

Problem solved. Isbister. Why not KROG? or why dont we clone Colton Orr?

skymachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 06:07 PM
lotus

He's here for size and he's good at being big. 6'4" 231 LBS. Now let's strap some rockets on those skates and point him towards Brodeur.

lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 09:51 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus View Post
He's here for size and he's good at being big. 6'4" 231 LBS. Now let's strap some rockets on those skates and point him towards Brodeur.
Isbister has size and will use it. I dont have a problem with this move, but most teams would call up their leading scoring prospects from the AHL and insert them in the injured player's spot. Devils did this with Tackellson and put him with Gomez last night. Why not call up Dawes and put him in Hossa's spot if Hossa cant play???? Most NHL teams would do this.

Old
02-21-2007, 11:15 PM
lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall18NYR View Post
Isbister has size and will use it. I dont have a problem with this move, but most teams would call up their leading scoring prospects from the AHL and insert them in the injured player's spot. Devils did this with Tackellson and put him with Gomez last night. Why not call up Dawes and put him in Hossa's spot if Hossa cant play???? Most NHL teams would do this.
I see where you're coming from but without Hossa we lose size. If Hossa is in we can assume Isbister is out. Throw another light weight up there and he's gonna get clocked. Need more size. We got speedy people in the likes of prucha dupuis cullen etc etc. Size prevents us from being bullied into submission e.x. flyers game. Even though we had Hossa for it and shanny for most of it, just an example.

Old
02-21-2007, 11:34 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus View Post
I see where you're coming from but without Hossa we lose size. If Hossa is in we can assume Isbister is out. Throw another light weight up there and he's gonna get clocked. Need more size. We got speedy people in the likes of prucha dupuis cullen etc etc. Size prevents us from being bullied into submission e.x. flyers game. Even though we had Hossa for it and shanny for most of it, just an example.
Hossa has size but he aint real physical. But he has played well the past few weeks. I understand the Isbister callup. But when Hossa comes back, the Rangers should just waive Krog and have Isbister on the roster. He is better and would help us down the road. He can play on the 4th when Orr aint needed. He can fight as well.

Old
02-22-2007, 12:47 AM
lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall18NYR View Post
Hossa has size but he aint real physical. But he has played well the past few weeks. I understand the Isbister callup. But when Hossa comes back, the Rangers should just waive Krog and have Isbister on the roster. He is better and would help us down the road. He can play on the 4th when Orr aint needed. He can fight as well.
I'm not a fan of giving prospects 4th line time. I'd rather keep them in the minors. I doubt he would have a bigger effect than Orr if given 4th line minutes. Hossa doesn't play overly physical sure but that doesnt mean he'll get pushed around.