HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cassidy is officially done

Closed Thread

Old
12-10-2003, 07:17 AM
Teezax

vCash: 500
Cassidy is officially done

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/artic...10_110822_3116

thought you guys should know

Old
12-10-2003, 07:22 AM
officeglen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teezax
Party in locker room at noon. It will be interesting to see Jagr play for a new coach.

Old
12-10-2003, 07:42 AM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to usiel
Thanks be to the gods.

A move had to be made. It will be interesting to see how the team responds. With their AHL defense I don't see too much room for improvement however.

12-10-2003, 08:39 AM
Killerbeez
HFBoards Sponsor

Hopefully the caps bring someone in from the outside and do it quick. Hanlon isn't your answer either, nor do I think Army is. The upheaval is started, why not complete the process while your at it.

Old
12-10-2003, 08:59 AM
txpd

this is not the start of anything. cassidy is being let go because he was coming apart under the stress. the outburst about family members was
the only one that made the media, but it was not rare and they were getting worse and worse as time went by.

he has been having trouble coping since that game in ottawa when he threw a fit between the first and second periods and stood in the dark on an empty bench for the last 7:00 before the team came out for the second period.

Old
12-10-2003, 09:05 AM
King of Stankonia

Send a message via Yahoo to King of Stankonia
Is there anyone out there who didn't see this coming? I'd wager that it was long overdue . . .

Old
12-10-2003, 09:16 AM
Marshall
Hi beat writers!

vCash: 50
It will be interesting to see how the team performs now. Cassidy wasn't the solution at coach, clearly, but I still place a significant portion of the blame on the players themselves.

Hopefully, this will mean less Grand Rapids players...

Old
12-10-2003, 09:18 AM
gocaps8

It is about time.

Good Luck Coach Hanlon!

Old
12-10-2003, 09:55 AM
Brock
HFB Partner

About time I must say.

Old
12-10-2003, 09:56 AM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall
It will be interesting to see how the team performs now. Cassidy wasn't the solution at coach, clearly, but I still place a significant portion of the blame on the players themselves.

Hopefully, this will mean less Grand Rapids players...
blame the players..sure. thats fair. however, there are coaches that get more out of less and coaches that get less out of more. which one of those is cassidy? there were two strong factions in the caps locker room. the jagr group and the caps long term vets. cassidy equally failed with both of those groups. this he added failure with a group of young talented players. none of them were comfortable with him.
Cassidy has clashed openly with Johansson, Konowalchuk, Jagr, Zubrus, Sutherby, Charpentier, Witt, and Halpern. seems to me like cassidy ran thru the roster.

Old
12-10-2003, 01:13 PM
AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar

Send a message via AIM to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar Send a message via MSN to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd
blame the players..sure. thats fair. however, there are coaches that get more out of less and coaches that get less out of more. which one of those is cassidy? there were two strong factions in the caps locker room. the jagr group and the caps long term vets. cassidy equally failed with both of those groups. this he added failure with a group of young talented players. none of them were comfortable with him.
Cassidy has clashed openly with Johansson, Konowalchuk, Jagr, Zubrus, Sutherby, Charpentier, Witt, and Halpern. seems to me like cassidy ran thru the roster.
not to mention he treated Bondra like crap last year (demoted to 3rd line for no reason, taken off top power play point for miller), though Bondra would never say anything about that.

Old
12-10-2003, 10:28 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Source on that?

[QUOTE=txpd]there were two strong factions in the caps locker room. the jagr group and the caps long term vets/QUOTE]

Just curious.

On Cassidy, I'm suprised at all the dirt that was in the paper today. It seems the players really disliked this guy. I hate to say they HATED him, but I don't remember this kind of talk about Ron Wilson. I guess the guy who should have had the job this summer finally gets it. Notice that Hanlon refused the offer to renegitiate his contract. Hanlon could be a sought after coach if he can improve the Caps from Worst to just Bad for the rest of the season.

How bad does it look for the coach to be repeatedly late for the team bus? Wow talk about unprofessional.

Old
12-10-2003, 10:59 PM
txpd

the guy was downright mean. he has benched every player on the team at one point or another. read the post article. its says that hanlon was the go between for cassidy and the players. cassidy was not on speaking teams with most of the players. it was pretty bad.

Old
12-10-2003, 11:01 PM
txpd

late for the team bus? details please?

Old
12-11-2003, 04:27 AM
Sports Junkie

Send a message via Yahoo to Sports Junkie
Post article today

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2003Dec10.html