HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Predators NCAA prospects update

Old
02-21-2007, 07:35 PM
HF Article
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Predators NCAA prospects update

The Nashville Predators currently have seven players in the NCAA, including four forwards, two defensemen and a goaltender.

Read full article...

HF Article is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2007, 07:46 AM
AdmiralPred

While great talents can transcend the games they play in it still requires the effort and talent of the surrounding team. Geoffrion is not that type of player, but a lack of point production from Blake in his freshman season is hardly cause for concern. Eaves' style of coaching and Geoffrion's style of play will provide the Preds with a solid player. Geoffrion plays primarily LW, and some time at center, on a team trying to survive more than ever in the "Lock" system this season. He has the grit and has no problem mixing it up but, could work a little harder in the corners to generate more offense and maybe, as he gains experience, the point production will come.

The Badgers lost their top 5 scorers from the Nat'l Champ team of a year ago, two (Pavelski and Earl) were early departures. To begin the season the 6, 7, and 8th leading scorers (from the previous season) were injured, including Kyle Klubertanz and Jack Skille. Not that the Badger offense is anything to write home about to begin with, I wouldn't be woried about Geoffrion's point production at this point when he brings a lot of intangibles to the ice.

Last edited by AdmiralPred: 02-22-2007 at 07:52 AM.
AdmiralPred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2007, 09:32 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

It will be interesting to see how Santorellie and Dekanavich turn out in the AHL. I still think that both Schaeffer and Switzer have decent abilities as well.

Geoffrion - I'm not worried yet. He is a freshman after all.

02-24-2007, 01:50 AM
Eaton4

I've watched a number of Badger games this year and it's tough to tell on Geoffrion, he's getting typical freshman minutes. I'm a huge Boston University fan, and though I haven't got to see a game since Schaffer's return, I think he'll turn into a solid NHL defenceman.....2-3 years from now (realistically speaking, though I'd love to se a Terrier on our roster again).

Eaton4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 08:12 AM
AdmiralPred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaton4 View Post
I've watched a number of Badger games this year and it's tough to tell on Geoffrion, he's getting typical freshman minutes. I'm a huge Boston University fan, and though I haven't got to see a game since Schaffer's return, I think he'll turn into a solid NHL defenceman.....2-3 years from now (realistically speaking, though I'd love to se a Terrier on our roster again).
He's getting better than "typical freshman minutes". For example, he was taking crucial third period faceoffs, and winning them, against Okposso and Wheeler (I think), when the Badgers ended UM's streak. He's also been playing on the second line and doing some special teams work. He did have a concussion earlier this season and missed a few games/saw limited action, but that was before Christmas.

AdmiralPred is offline   Reply With Quote