HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

Musings

Old
02-22-2007, 10:16 AM
BTCG

vCash: 500
Musings

I think I've figured out what's wrong with AO: he's depressed over Anna Nichole Smith.

I KNOW I'm depressed over the news coverage. Reminds me of an incident I had to handle when I managed Div 57 for Sears. Had this woman who insisted on speaking with me, as one of our techs wasn't able to fix her VCR (she had to bring it back 3 times, and this was the 3rd time). I told her that the tech had assured me that he had found the problem, and asked her what recording hadn't worked. She said that the VCR wouldn't record Princess Diana's funeral. I couldn't resist:

Me: "Maybe the VCR just has good taste?"

It took about 10 seconds, but she finally started laughing.

Watchin the between periods show from last night's Wings/Blackhawks game and who should be the talking head? Why...it was none other than our long-gone super D_man Larry Murphy, enlightening us with his never ending wisdom. My missus's comment upon seeing him?

"Should I start doing the 'whoop'?"

Cracked me up!

Speakin of my significant other...for some reason this morning I got to thinking about the last post one of the regulars made on the ESPN board just before the lockout. He posted and said that he had just discovered that his wife of many years had been cheating on him, and he was devastated by it. I'm not ashamed to say that I said a little prayer for him that night. Now...he and I had had a few go-arounds with words over the years when I first met him, but we'd long since gotten over it...and I had developed quite a deep respect and outright liking for the guy. And I'm not the only one. Thin Icer brought the subject up outta the blue during one of our IM chats last year (TI is a GREAT human being and probably my fav writer) and shared my angst over the situation. I hope the guy's okay...and hope he knows that he's missed around the boards.

Now...I know that it was just Valentine's Day...but why not stop somewhere tonight and get your S.O a little bit 'o chocolate, or some flowers? Sometimes just a call or e-mail telling her you're thinking about her is enough. My missus & I have this little ritual...I head downstairs and fix her a bit 'o dessert as we watch something I've Tivo'ed for us to watch (usually between the 2nd & 3rd period break). Then I give her a foot rub. Take it from me men...the foot rub is a universal love among these women of ours. Do it once (and I mean do it properly, put some effort into it) and you'll have her purrin like a kitten. Trust me on this...bring home a surprise dessert tonight and spring it on her. It'll do wonders.

I'm not buyin Hanlon's claim (excuse is more like it) that AO is "tired". Chris Chelios is older than dirt...and works out before and after his games. He shows up to work out on off-days as well as all-summer. He's a workout machine, which, he attributes as his "secret" as to why he's able to play given his advanced age. How old is AO?

I was particularily troubled by quotes in the paper the other day where AO discussed how he doesn't play during the penalty kill.

My take?

Put his @ss out there. It's time that he learned how to play both ends of the ice.

Ya know, I know that Ted doesn't want to open up the old wallet (moths are liable to fly out)...but I wonder what Mike Keenan is doing these days?

The other night's booing of Zednick might be a "tell" as to whether the Habs want Zed back. Maybe Vancouver would be a better fit. Weren't he and Bulis always considered to be a "package" deal?

Sudden thought: AO is probably immune from being on the receiving end of the 'whoop'...but can't you just hear him asking his teammates...in broken english:

"What is whoop mean?"

We've got Larry (Niko)...and Mo (Morrison)...so when will Curly reveal himself?

BTCG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2007, 12:44 PM
Tinordi24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCG View Post

Speakin of my significant other...for some reason this morning I got to thinking about the last post one of the regulars made on the ESPN board just before the lockout. He posted and said that he had just discovered that his wife of many years had been cheating on him, and he was devastated by it. I'm not ashamed to say that I said a little prayer for him that night. Now...he and I had had a few go-arounds with words over the years when I first met him, but we'd long since gotten over it...and I had developed quite a deep respect and outright liking for the guy. And I'm not the only one. Thin Icer brought the subject up outta the blue during one of our IM chats last year (TI is a GREAT human being and probably my fav writer) and shared my angst over the situation. I hope the guy's okay...and hope he knows that he's missed around the boards.

Ya know, I know that Ted doesn't want to open up the old wallet (moths are liable to fly out)...but I wonder what Mike Keenan is doing these days?

I remember the person you speak of and I hope he's ok. I miss having him around. He posted on the OB for a bit too before he got banned.

Mike Keenan would be an improvement but his iron touch seems to be fading if Jacques Martin got him fired.

Ted wouldn't be able to function as Keenan would have him fetching coffee for him.

Tinordi24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2007, 07:31 PM
BTCG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinordi24 View Post
I remember the person you speak of and I hope he's ok. I miss having him around. He posted on the OB for a bit too before he got banned.

Mike Keenan would be an improvement but his iron touch seems to be fading if Jacques Martin got him fired.

Ted wouldn't be able to function as Keenan would have him fetching coffee for him.
I only wrote this because, as I said, for some reason I thought of him today. Call it an oddity or eccentricity, but I believe that when you're touched suddenly by a memory...it's because something may have happened to the person. So I too...hope that he's okay.

On the other thing... about all of your significant others (those couple of you who actually have em and aren't living with your mothers )...I hope you took heed and bought that box of chocolates, or sent that e-mail, or are currently giving em that foot rub (trust me on that...the foot rub really works).

As to MK...yeah...you're probably right.
Don't know what it is about me that just refuses to give up...even in the most hopeless situations, like the team resides in currently.

Old
02-23-2007, 09:08 AM
Tinordi24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCG View Post
I only wrote this because, as I said, for some reason I thought of him today. Call it an oddity or eccentricity, but I believe that when you're touched suddenly by a memory...it's because something may have happened to the person. So I too...hope that he's okay.

On the other thing... about all of your significant others (those couple of you who actually have em and aren't living with your mothers )...I hope you took heed and bought that box of chocolates, or sent that e-mail, or are currently giving em that foot rub (trust me on that...the foot rub really works).

As to MK...yeah...you're probably right.
Don't know what it is about me that just refuses to give up...even in the most hopeless situations, like the team resides in currently.
Well I bought my wife a vacuum cleaner and a new toothbrush to scrub the toilet with...does that count???

I took your advice about the foot rub and have paid dearly for it as my nasal cavities were scorched with a pungent odor akin to Black Panther from Anchorman....add in some nice bunions and toe cheese and it made me ill to this day.

thanks for the advice dood!

Seriously tho..I'm totally with you on that.

Tinordi24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 10:12 AM
BTCG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinordi24 View Post
Well I bought my wife a vacuum cleaner and a new toothbrush to scrub the toilet with...does that count???

I took your advice about the foot rub and have paid dearly for it as my nasal cavities were scorched with a pungent odor akin to Black Panther from Anchorman....add in some nice bunions and toe cheese and it made me ill to this day.

thanks for the advice dood!

Seriously tho..I'm totally with you on that.
LOL,

You're a hoot guy.

Thanks for brightening my day.