HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

A look at Avery

Closed Thread

Old
12-11-2003, 11:51 AM
punchy1

vCash: 500
A look at Avery

So far he has 2 goals and 9 assists in 26 games for an amazing 11 points. His highest season total was last year where in 51 games he had a total of 6goals and 9 assists for 15 points. He is on a pace for better than 30 points this season in his scoring department. The reason i bring this is up as that he "isn't supposed to contribute much in the scoring dept.".

His penalty minutes are a team leading 98 this year and his career high is 153 in 51 games last year (split between us and the wings). He is on a pace to eclipse those numbers as well. The thing is this, his penalties have been largely allot smarter of late than they have been before. He is taking agressive penalties and the majority of them tend to be in his end of the ice. He is 23 years old and is certainly one of our young players who is having a solid impact. He is a pisser who likes to nab under his opponents skin like her were a chigger in heat! I really like his agressive style and am happy to have him on the team. Cheers to another solid young player DT! No wonder the Wings hated losing him.

Old
12-11-2003, 01:32 PM
palffytofrovlov

I totally agree, I liked the fact the Kings got him last year. He gets in opponents faces and battle's. Hopefully he continues to hold his emotions and doesn't take bad penalties....

Old
12-11-2003, 02:42 PM
swinginutter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by punchy1
So far he has 2 goals and 9 assists in 26 games for an amazing 11 points. His highest season total was last year where in 51 games he had a total of 6goals and 9 assists for 15 points. He is on a pace for better than 30 points this season in his scoring department. The reason i bring this is up as that he "isn't supposed to contribute much in the scoring dept.".

His penalty minutes are a team leading 98 this year and his career high is 153 in 51 games last year (split between us and the wings). He is on a pace to eclipse those numbers as well. The thing is this, his penalties have been largely allot smarter of late than they have been before. He is taking agressive penalties and the majority of them tend to be in his end of the ice. He is 23 years old and is certainly one of our young players who is having a solid impact. He is a pisser who likes to nab under his opponents skin like her were a chigger in heat! I really like his agressive style and am happy to have him on the team. Cheers to another solid young player DT! No wonder the Wings hated losing him.
Good topic, and good post. I'm not as bothered as some regarding any of his penalties even in the first game of the year. That's his style, and we're constricting it. He was a menace when he got here last year, and it's completely changed. His game plain and simple is to take top players off of their game, and he excels at it if we let the reigns loose. I know every player has to follow the system that AM enforces, but i'd love to really see him let go. In my eyes he can draw even more penalties, because 29 other teams in the league protect their star players...........UNLIKE US! Basically leading to penalties.

Old
12-11-2003, 03:04 PM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

i don't get why people hate avery, that guy is great. i havne't seen him do anything crazy to crazy lately, but that's fine too. seem's like he's slowly focusing more on his game.

Closed Thread