HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jaromir Jagr's sticks

Old
02-23-2007, 05:09 PM
GarretJoseph*

vCash: 500
Jaromir Jagr's sticks

With the trading deadline fast approaching, I've found myself reading & checking out my main reading material in the bathroom. "Offical Guide & Record Book /2007 NHL" & The Hockey News 2006-2007 year book.

I haven't even looked at the Hockey News year book in months since I read just about every word in it.

What I noticed was

1. Four players are on the cover. Hanks has the largest picture of him on the cover while between his legs & under him are Brodeur & Dipietro.
In the top right hand corner is a picture of Sean Avery. Theres a great article in it about him called "The Most Hated Man In The NHL" - its a great read & I enjoyed it even more NOW since hes been traded to the NYR.

&

2. The whole reason for creating the thread was for Jaromir Jagr's sticks. Do you guys remember last year how many times he was "caught" with an illegal stick? Does anybody remember at least ONCE this season if that has happened? I can't. Does anybody think that hes not using the same sticks?

There is a Quote on page 30 by Tom Renney "Why have an illegal curvature when you want more goals scored anyway?"

Glen Sather & Tom Renney I have found out by doing searches on Google/Yahoo about Illegal curvatures are "leaders in trying to convince the NHL to get rid of tedious stick measurements"

Now, Jagr's 54 goals last year was his most since the 95-96 season with the Pens when he scored 62. He did hit 52 in 01/02 though for the Pens also.

I've been trying to figure out why Jagr just isn't playing the same. Everybody has been talking about his shoulder & the injury he picked up last last season. Its not healed I hear & hes playing scared... I remember he took the All Star Game off so he could rest his shoulder & stated when he came back that hes ready to put the team on his back & that his shoulder is now fine & ok.

So is it his sticks? He is using different ones? Is he BS's the media about his shoulder & is it still messed up/injured?

Hes got 21 Goals in 61 games. He has no goals in his past 6 games (7 Assists though).

In the past 32 Games, Jagr has scored 7 goals. And two of those goals was in one game (Dec 19th VS Islanders) He has THOUGH put up 30 Assists in those 32 games. He went pointless in 10 of those games.

In the first 29 Games of the season, Jagr has scored 14 goals & assisted on 22 of them. Giving him 36 points in 29 games.

So

First 29 games of the season - 14G 22A 36PTS
Last 32 games of the season - 7G 30A 37PTS

Based on stats alone & how well an injury heals, wouldnt you think he would score more goals so far in the second part of this season? Wouldn't the injury as he stated get better & allow him to play better than he did during the first 29 games?

Or is it his STICK?

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 05:19 PM
kasparaitis666

I think the only reason we arn't hearing about illegal stick curves this year is because the NHL lightened up on the stick curve regulations over the summer. They made the rule so you can have more of a curve then was allowed in previous seasons, in attempt to boost scoring. Correct me if im wrong but I think I remember them doing this over the summer.

kasparaitis666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 05:24 PM
dank

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasparaitis666 View Post
I think the only reason we arn't hearing about illegal stick curves this year is because the NHL lightened up on the stick curve regulations over the summer. They made the rule so you can have more of a curve then was allowed in previous seasons, in attempt to boost scoring. Correct me if im wrong but I think I remember them doing this over the summer.
agreed, they lightened up considerably and now no coaches are going to really go for those calls.

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 05:31 PM
lotus

It's just the way Czech players are brought up if, forwards at least. Big curve. I almost orderer a pro-stock Petr Sykora stick and then i saw what the curve looked like, not my style

Euro snipers like big curves like that. I wouldn't expect someone like Prucha to have one similar as he likes to go to the net and nab deflections (flatter blade helps).

They're not breaking like they used to, he must be using a stiffer stick.

lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 05:39 PM
shoothepuck

It's all in Jagr's head.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 06:48 PM
GarretJoseph*

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoothepuck View Post
It's all in Jagr's head.
I was thinking that too. Hence the reason he wont take any shootout shots in OT.

Old
02-23-2007, 08:01 PM
roxchipsi8

Has to be a mental or injury problem. A tiny change in stick curvature isn't going to account for such a large dropoff in production.

roxchipsi8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 11:49 PM
GarretJoseph*

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxchipsi8 View Post
Has to be a mental or injury problem. A tiny change in stick curvature isn't going to account for such a large dropoff in production.
I understand what you are saying 100% but if that is the case why did coaches on other teams talk so much about Jagr's stick curve & attempt many times to make sure hes not using those sticks?

Old
02-24-2007, 12:12 AM
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun

Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
Jagr sucks.

Just saying =)

Cynical TyranT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 12:23 AM
Block More Shots

Definitely mental. I've seen him in spots where he could easily shoot and possibly even score and he opts to pass the puck.

It's really odd to see your captain lack confidence and shy away from stepping up in certain situations. He should be in the top 3 in the shootout...I don't care how much he struggles, he's one of the best players in the NHL and should be a regular in the shootout.

Block More Shots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 09:33 AM
Draft Guru

vCash: 920
Half of Jagr's goals last year came off one-timers from the slot. How many times have we seen him set up for that shot this year? Not many.

Draft Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 10:28 AM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoothepuck View Post
It's all in Jagr's head.
It's that and he's hurt. The shoulder is not 100%. He's not taking the violent shots from 20 feet he did last year.

He's also blowing the league away in giveaways. Which could be mental, or could be that his brain wants to make a move but his body won't let him.