HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

How is Foppa doin?

Old
02-22-2007, 07:39 PM
CaliCash

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to CaliCash Send a message via Yahoo to CaliCash
How is Foppa doin?

Hey, I was just wondering how he is fitting in on your team? He hasn't produced point wise, but is he having an impact on the ice, just not on the score sheet?

CaliCash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 12:49 AM
Nordic*

Hes pointless and (-) on one of the best teams in the NHL.

Nordic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 12:55 AM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilros View Post
We all know u hate the guy but I doubt any Pred fans are dissapointed with his play considering everything.

The Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 12:56 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
worth noting, his "linemates" are pointless as well, which should tell you that despite your foreboding predictions and prophecies, the problem maybe isn't foppa?

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 01:11 AM
OpenWheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
worth noting, his "linemates" are pointless as well, which should tell you that despite your foreboding predictions and prophecies, the problem maybe isn't foppa?
Trotz used to mix lines up constantly when he'd complain that they weren't finishing or getting too fancy. Now he hasn't tried any other combos with Forsberg yet seems to claim the line is doing ok because "they're getting chances".

I don't get it. I hope he knows what he's doing.

Cringed when Barry Melrose called Forsberg's shootout slip "the worst shootout attempt I've ever seen." It was just a slip. I'm sure Forsberg was embarassed about it.

As soon as someone starts converting some of his passes it'll be good. He does control the puck well and make nice feeds. Someone please convert for the guy!

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 01:19 AM
The Kingslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenWheel View Post
Trotz used to mix lines up constantly when he'd complain that they weren't finishing or getting too fancy. Now he hasn't tried any other combos with Forsberg yet seems to claim the line is doing ok because "they're getting chances".

I don't get it. I hope he knows what he's doing.

Cringed when Barry Melrose called Forsberg's shootout slip "the worst shootout attempt I've ever seen." It was just a slip. I'm sure Forsberg was embarassed about it.

As soon as someone starts converting some of his passes it'll be good. He does control the puck well and make nice feeds. Someone please convert for the guy!
Dennis Widemans was way worse. If im being honest I hope that the "slip" becomes big news it can only motivate Forsberg even more imo.

Old
02-23-2007, 09:04 AM
Nordic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice berg slim View Post
We all know u hate the guy but I doubt any Pred fans are dissapointed with his play considering everything.
I dont hate him. During his peak he was one of the best players ever. Now hes far from that level, and pointing that fact out makes me hate him?

Old
02-23-2007, 11:14 AM
Moester

Send a message via AIM to Moester Send a message via MSN to Moester
Quote:
I think he just needs time to get used to his new linemates, and likewise for his linemates needing to adjust to his type of play. Its hard coming into a team mid-season even if you are Foppa. Personally I'd say Foresberg will keep being lukewarm for the next 3-4 games, will enter his groove by the end of next week, and will be owning the opposition before the end of the month. Its classic for deadline deals, those players take time to adjust some of them can't really do it until the next season. But Peter is an elite player. He'll need two weeks at the most.

Moester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 11:21 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

I'm not worried about Forsberg. If you have ever watched him play, you know that he will excel. Additionally, if you have watched him here in Nashville......he has completely changed our team, and its for the better. Right now we are in a slump. This isn't Forsberg's fault......its a mental problem. Hopefully, tomorrow we will break out of it. Having Kimmo miss two of the three games Forsberg has been in hasn't helped.

Bottomline: We need our captain on the ice, and we need Kariya and Erat to start scoring again. It sounds funny to say this, but we moved off the leading goal-scorer on that line which may have been the mistake. Legwand has done the dirty work for that line this year....Erat's game has changed from shooting to playmaking (which has made him a better player, but it has made him a worse scorer). For this line to work, Erat and Kariya have to start going to the crease and make sure their puck is on the ice. Let Forsberg and a pinching defenseman hold the puck in....and good things will happen.

02-23-2007, 12:06 PM
AdmiralPred

Quote:
Pick out any three game stretch of the Avs during the 90s/early 2000s. I am sure you'll find a Forsberg, in his prime, pointless and on the (-) side.

=======
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenWheel View Post
Yes, but those extra chances per game will eventually turn into something more tangible to the scoresheet. I didn't listen to much of the MTL game, but it doesn't sound like there is any shortage of offense in the last two games that has had Forsberg generate some decent scoring opportunities. I wouldn't worry, and as you said in part of the post I cut out, they need to finish. Nine goals over the last two games is seeing someone finish, at least.

AdmiralPred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 01:45 AM
Eaton4

Tomorrow night will be his breakout performance......you're not a true Pred until you play your first game against the Wings. Take the over on the scoring in that game, haha.

Eaton4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 01:49 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaton4 View Post
Tomorrow night will be his breakout performance......you're not a true Pred until you play your first game against the Wings. Take the over on the scoring in that game, haha.
I agree, Vishnevski4.

Old
02-25-2007, 06:47 AM
Nordic*

I was wrong

2 points, game winner and first star of the game.

All my credibility is gone

Old
02-27-2007, 05:58 AM
hdw

Quote:
During his peak he was one of the best players ever. Now hes far from that level
Worth noting is that during his part season with Flyers, playing injured and with skate problems, on the worst team in the league he was still 1 ppg and +1.

Of course, a lowly 1 ppg is far from his best level, but it doesn't exactly make him a washout.

hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 12:45 AM
Nordic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdw View Post
Worth noting is that during his part season with Flyers, playing injured and with skate problems, on the worst team in the league he was still 1 ppg and +1.

Of course, a lowly 1 ppg is far from his best level, but it doesn't exactly make him a washout.
During his glorydays he was a threat in both ends of the rink, dominating every aspect of it, now hes more like Jagr..

Floating and gloating..

Another - game for Floppa.

But he did get a secondary assist.

Last edited by Nordic*: 03-01-2007 at 12:52 AM.
Old
03-01-2007, 12:53 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
During his glorydays he was a threat in both ends of the rink, dominating every aspect of it, now hes more like Jagr..

Floating and gloating..

You must not have watched it. He was easily our best player, tonight.

Keep up, though.

Old
03-01-2007, 12:56 AM
runkle

Quote:

Floating and gloating..

Floating? Gloating?

If he is such a disappointment to you and such a far cry from the player you once claim to have loved so much, why would you tune in to watch such an abomination in the # 21 jersey? Perhaps it would save you the heartache if you just didn't put yourself through it any more.

runkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 01:17 AM
Nordic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by runkletm View Post
Floating? Gloating?

If he is such a disappointment to you and such a far cry from the player you once claim to have loved so much, why would you tune in to watch such an abomination in the # 21 jersey? Perhaps it would save you the heartache if you just didn't put yourself through it any more.
Noone would love it more than me, if Forsberg once again put up the stats/points/performances he once did, while playing the same physical style from his peak.

But even the most die-hard Preds and Foppa fans must admit, hes been a dissapointment both in Philly but especially in the preds uniform.

Quote:
You must not have watched it. He was easily our best player, tonight.
It doesnt really matter when he continues getting minus stats.

Old
03-01-2007, 01:23 AM
The Kingslayer

Quote:
Noone would love it more than me, if Forsberg once again put up the stats/points/performances he once did, while playing the same physical style from his peak.

But even the most die-hard Preds and Foppa fans must admit, hes been a dissapointment both in Philly but especially in the preds uniform.

Didnt help that Philly lost Primeau last year along with a concussed Johnsson a flat footed Hatcher and a pain in my back Rathje. Flyer fans are not dissapointed with Forsberg and how could they be? Hes had how many games in Nashville? If you bothered to watch the game tonight he was the best player not names Vokoun or Nabokov. Seriously your perpetual hard-on for Foppa needs to stop. You just need to come out and say you hate the guy because your not convincing anyone otherwise.

Old
03-01-2007, 01:24 AM
The Kingslayer

Quote:

Yah playing on a line with Tootoo and Fiddler in the dieing minutes was a great coaching move.

Old
03-01-2007, 01:24 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:

he has been far from a disappointment. that's just it, you're basing judgement of him on the fact that he was out with TOOTOO AND FIDDLER, who sat with their thumbs up their ***** while the Sharks drove the net and scored. It happened in a matter of seconds...and Forsberg got a minus he had no part of. Forsberg was our best player tonight. He was our second best player in Detroit the other night...isn't that what we traded for? Who cares if he isn't "what he once was," he's still clearly a world class player, and he has gotten better EVERY SINGLE GAME since he's been here.

And we didn't acquire him for the regular season, at any rate. That's pretty much gravy, anyway...we got him for the playoffs, where he has ALWAYS delivered.

Old
03-01-2007, 01:26 AM
The Kingslayer

Quote:
he has been far from a disappointment. that's just it, you're basing judgement of him on the fact that he was out with TOOTOO AND FIDDLER, who sat with their thumbs up their ***** while the Sharks drove the net and scored. It happened in a matter of seconds...and Forsberg got a minus he had no part of. Forsberg was our best player tonight. He was our second best player in Detroit the other night...isn't that what we traded for? Who cares if he isn't "what he once was," he's still clearly a world class player, and he has gotten better EVERY SINGLE GAME since he's been here.

And we didn't acquire him for the regular season, at any rate. That's pretty much gravy, anyway...we got him for the playoffs, where he has ALWAYS delivered.
Is there any sense arguing with this guy really?

Old
03-01-2007, 01:28 AM
DrCrane

Quote:
No.

DrCrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 06:36 AM
Nacho
Special

Quote:
Ignorant bandwaggoner is what he is, don't be bothered with that guy.

Anyhow, can't wait for the playoffs.

Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 07:44 AM
Nordic*

The Swedes get together to bash my view on Foppa, I like it