HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Enough with the Devils

Old
02-23-2007, 02:35 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

vCash: 500
Enough with the Devils

It's time to focus on the Islanders now. We have 8 points up against them, which when you think about it turns into 16 points. At this point I'd rather the Islanders be the team we are chasing than Toronto because we hold our destiny against the Islanders while we only play Toronto 1 more time.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 02:37 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Agreed!

Marty Straka Come On Down!!!!

02-23-2007, 02:41 PM
Evgeny Oliker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyF27 View Post
It's time to focus on the Islanders now. We have 8 points up against them, which when you think about it turns into 16 points. At this point I'd rather the Islanders be the team we are chasing than Toronto because we hold our destiny against the Islanders while we only play Toronto 1 more time.

I'm with you man! We give way too much respect and thought to the Devils, they are a bunch of Whiners, starting with Brodeur!

The Islanderes are playing well, so it will be tough to play them. However, again, what we need to do is at least try to get 6 out of those 8 points against them and we'll be in business!

First thing is to beat Columbus and Montreal in the next 2 games

Evgeny Oliker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 02:42 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Plus it's more fun hating on the Islanders anyway. The Islanders fans will throw punch for punch back with you and make ridiculous comments for the sake of rivalries while Devils fans just try to act like they are better than you.

I remember this season we saw an Islanders fan at the Garden who looked like Jack Black, it was histerical.

Last edited by WhipNash27: 02-23-2007 at 02:48 PM.
Old
02-23-2007, 02:48 PM
fob

I'd like to see what Avery can muster up against the Isles.

fob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 02:50 PM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

Quote:
Plus it's more fun hating on the Islanders anyway. The Islanders fans will throw punch for punch back with you and make ridiculous comments for the sake of rivalries while Devils fans just try to act like they are better than you.

I remember this season we saw an Islanders fan at the Garden who looked like Jack Black, it was histerical.
you are correct. These next four games should be something else. I dont remember the last time these two teams played such important games so late in the year. It will be chaotic for sure.

IslesFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 02:55 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Very true in a sense.

4 more RANGERS-ISLES games.
(1 at MSG and 3 at NASSAU)

Heres what each team has got left:

NYR
GR: 21 - 12 HOME, 9 ROAD
93 Points* - 64 Points Now = 29 To Get
Have to go 15-6 or 14-7

NYI
GR: 21 - 11 HOME, 10 ROAD
93 Points* - 68 Points Now = 25 To Get
Have to go 13-8 or 12-9

*93 points is a good number for that 8th spot.

Huge games indeed.
The Islanders also have 2 more games vs. The Devils, but we know they won't do us any favors.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 02:56 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:

No Way!! I thought that guy was just my imagination playing games with me. Did he have an abnormally bright/starry outfit on with stupid glasses and a wig? I think. Did he get into a fight too maybe in the 200's?

Old
02-23-2007, 02:59 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Yep, that was him. Then his boy got kicked out because he kept standing up for long periods of time during play and taunting the fans in the 300s and then he eventually left too.

Old
02-23-2007, 03:00 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by fob View Post
I'd like to see what Avery can muster up against the Isles.
In light of Emery/Peters, I would not be surprised to see Avery/Dipietro going at it.

nyranger61494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 03:06 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Looking forward after this Devil back to back and getting only 1 point makes me really disappointed the Rangers didnt get anything out of that Flyer game. 2 points there were really needed there.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 03:11 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Let hope they dont forget that tomorrow.

ONE GAME AT A TIME

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 03:31 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Sad to say but, we might as well start rooting for the Devils going forward. With no chance to catch them in the Atlantic, gotta hope they do some of our dirty work and steal as many points from the other bubble teams as they can. Feels so wrong, but you know it's right.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 03:34 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
Feels so wrong, but you know it's right.
lol, that sounds so bad.

Old
02-23-2007, 03:38 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

The only team I have a problem with hoping to steal some points for us is the NYI. So Jersey, go right ahead!

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 05:01 PM
shoothepuck

Rangers vs the Isles should be good, and NY needs to snap back, and start on a streak.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 05:14 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Quote:
Sad to say but, we might as well start rooting for the Devils going forward. With no chance to catch them in the Atlantic, gotta hope they do some of our dirty work and steal as many points from the other bubble teams as they can. Feels so wrong, but you know it's right.
I agree, I've been rooting for them in alot of games already (Montreal, Tampa Bay, ect). Hell, I've even rooted for the Flyers too. Playoff races make for strange bedfellows

Bottom line is we have to handle our own business first. I said it before, if we lose to Columbus tomorrow, we are in serious trouble. We just need to bring an effort like we did against the Devils and finish this time around. But any setbacks against teams we should be beating - especially on home ice - could be fatal.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 06:16 PM
WheresBarnaby

Quote:
I've already started that, which sucks cause there's no team I like less than the Devils. I'd like to say as for next season, I'd rather get swept in the season series vs the Isles, (which we still have a chance to do this season... ) than lose one more friggin game to Brodeur and co.

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 06:23 PM
Cartman27

Send a message via AIM to Cartman27
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheresBarnaby View Post
I've already started that, which sucks cause there's no team I like less than the Devils. I'd like to say as for next season, I'd rather get swept in the season series vs the Isles, (which we still have a chance to do this season... ) than lose one more friggin game to Brodeur and co.
IDK about that. The Isles hate is still there.

Cartman27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 06:33 PM
lotus

Hey only 1 at MSG we'll go 3-1 at what is pretty much all home games !

lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 07:41 AM
bubba5

you guys dont actually think this team still has a chance! They are going backwards not forwards, the Bruins are now ahead of us, we are now in 12th. We have a better chance of letting Florida pass us than we do in catching the Bruins. Face it, this team is as good as they are going to get.

bubba5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 07:58 AM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba5 View Post
you guys dont actually think this team still has a chance! They are going backwards not forwards, the Bruins are now ahead of us, we are now in 12th. We have a better chance of letting Florida pass us than we do in catching the Bruins. Face it, this team is as good as they are going to get.
They are tied with the Bruins at 64 points and are currently 5 points back with 2 games at hand on Carolina and the Habs who are currently in 7th and 8th respectivly, so yes, I think they have a chance.

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 08:35 AM
bubba5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHenrik35 View Post
They are tied with the Bruins at 64 points and are currently 5 points back with 2 games at hand on Carolina and the Habs who are currently in 7th and 8th respectivly, so yes, I think they have a chance.
The Bruins have a game in hand on us, so they are not tied with us (how does that not count but it counts that we have 2 games in hand on Carolina). Plus you have to actually win some game for the 2 games in hand to mean something against carolina. Also not to mention both the Islander and Leafs who are both playing better than us are ahead of us and we do not have any games in hand on them. So good luck in jumping over 4 teams to get to the playoffs when we cant even beat teams like the flyers minus forsberg.

Old
02-24-2007, 09:10 AM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba5 View Post
The Bruins have a game in hand on us, so they are not tied with us (how does that not count but it counts that we have 2 games in hand on Carolina). Plus you have to actually win some game for the 2 games in hand to mean something against carolina. Also not to mention both the Islander and Leafs who are both playing better than us are ahead of us and we do not have any games in hand on them. So good luck in jumping over 4 teams to get to the playoffs when we cant even beat teams like the flyers minus forsberg.
I'll just say this, no one expected the Oilers to make it into the playoffs last season and they went to the SCF's. Do I expect them to make it to the finals? Hell no! But those 4 teams that they need to jump have 70-69-68-64 and the Rangers have 64. Thats only 6 points back with like I said 2 more games than Carolina have left to play. Plus they play Carolina again this season. I'm not saying you are wrong, but to say that they have no chance to make it in is utterly rediculous. As far as the losing to the Flyers thing, that doesnt really mean much, Detroit lost to the Flyers as did the Thrashers both of which are currently in the playoff picture. Bad teams beating "better" teams isnt unheard of.

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 11:12 AM
bubba5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHenrik35 View Post
I'll just say this, no one expected the Oilers to make it into the playoffs last season and they went to the SCF's. Do I expect them to make it to the finals? Hell no! But those 4 teams that they need to jump have 70-69-68-64 and the Rangers have 64. Thats only 6 points back with like I said 2 more games than Carolina have left to play. Plus they play Carolina again this season. I'm not saying you are wrong, but to say that they have no chance to make it in is utterly rediculous. As far as the losing to the Flyers thing, that doesnt really mean much, Detroit lost to the Flyers as did the Thrashers both of which are currently in the playoff picture. Bad teams beating "better" teams isnt unheard of.
To bad that Detroit and the Thrashers are not desperate like the Rangers.